No announcement yet.

Suppressor Gas in the face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We run OSS Suppressors. They are legit and have minimal blow back, even for lefties...

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
      I opened the gas block all the way until the screw fell out and it still wouldn't lock after the last shot.
      I'm pretty sure it's not the magazines either since they're P-Mags that don't cause issues in other guns.
      You may want to check that the gas block is aligned correctly to the port in the barrel. If the block is misaligned that will contribute to the gas in the face and LRHO of the bolt.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
        You may want to check that the gas block is aligned correctly to the port in the barrel. If the block is misaligned that will contribute to the gas in the face and LRHO of the bolt.
        already checked, and Yes it was NOT aligned and I fixed it and checked to make sure it was in the right place. I may double check.

Comment

Superlative arms makes a piston kit. And SilencerCo just released a charging handle that is supposed to defeat all gas blowback. If you ran an adjustable gas block, you could shut the gas off and run it as a single shot.

The GDCH has a proprietary design that incorporates an O-ring seal to prevent gas from escaping from the most prominent point of egress.

Comment

Adjustable gas block and a 30 cal can will help with gas blow back. I’m a lefty btw.

Comment

Ok.

Locking back issue fixed. Adjusted the gas block and the heavier buffer did it.
              The gas in the face issue is serious. At one point I gasped for air and caught myself shooting with my eyes closed.

I’m going to close the gas block as much as I can to where it’s still ejecting near 3:00 and locking back but reduce the extra gas. Also ordered an E-Brake hoping some/most of the gas exits at the muzzle and doesn’t come back…

Lastly a muzzle rise when I shoot fast… maybe the e-brake will help with that too.

Comment

Oh, I forgot to say, I have a Skeletonized BCG that I may use. Not sure what it will do!

Comment

Check this out.
                  The new military Sig M5 Spear will be issued to ALL troops with a suppressor and one of the features is. Sig has found a way to eliminate that gas port blow back with their can and adjustable gas block. Discussion about gas blowback starts at 11:37
                  Next gen AR design that addresses old issues.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTZRCEh1Czg"]SIG M5 Spear Deep Dive: Is This a Good US Army Rifle? - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Late to the party, but I don’t have this issue with Left handed side charging upper receivers.

Comment

I drilled a small hole.098 in the side of my charging handle (YouTube) and black rtv on it also where it mates with the upper, run an adjustable gas block also.
                      Runs like a typewriter

Comment

It’s also a .556 issue. Tons of pressure in that round. I have found that all my .556 guns blast me more with gas than my other calibers. I too suffer from the lefty syndrome.

Comment

Originally posted by talleywack97 View Post
                          I drilled a small hole.098 in the side of my charging handle (YouTube) and black rtv on it also where it mates with the upper, run an adjustable gas block also.
                          Runs like a typewriter
                          Do you have a link for this?

Comment

What barrel are you using? Most ar15 barrels are severely over-gassed. Being a lefty, you are always going to get some gas, but a properly gassed barrel will help a lot.

Comment

M84 Gas Buster

https://www.precisionreflex.com/char...Marine%20corps.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                                What barrel are you using? Most ar15 barrels are severely over-gassed. Being a lefty, you are always going to get some gas, but a properly gassed barrel will help a lot.
                                Criterion 10.5" 1:8 Twist Wylde.

I need to play with the gas block and see if I can close it to reduce some of the gas and still lock back and eject properly. I also ordered an E-Brake hoping most of the gas exits at the muzzle.

Comment

Working...
                                X