No announcement yet.

Who shoots a 22-250?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most used rifle in the safe. Mine also prefers the 55gr PSP Remingtons. Don’t be shy with shots in the vitals. It vaporizes deer and hogs.

X2 on dclifton’s comment. It flat kills.
    Last edited by 88 Bound; 06-16-2022, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Keg View Post
      I got them for coyotes.. but I’m not sure I fully agree with your one of the deadliest comment… Although I’m sure it’s a good varmint round…. This is a pig I shot at 200 yards with a 300 win mag today… This is the exit hole… 😁
      I looked at the pic before reading your post (thinking you’d refer to the 22-250) and immediately thought yea this guys full of ****. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Texashookset View Post
        I looked at the pic before reading your post (thinking you’d refer to the 22-250) and immediately thought yea this guys full of ****. Lol
        If this kind of damage came from a 22-250.. then all other calibers are obsolete…😆

Comment

If this kind of damage came from a 22-250.. then all other calibers are obsolete…��
          This is no joke ive had more animals run off from my 300Win than i have a 22-250. Pigs and Deer. Now ill admit i have only shot 2-3 pigs with my 22-250 as im like you. I like to blow big holes in pigs.

rarely do i hit something hard enough to get good expansion from the 300. I did shoot a buck through both front shoulders with it. That was a mess and mistake....

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
            My wifey shoots a Ruger Hawkeye in 22-250. With handloaded 50 grain Barnes TSX bullets it shoots sub MOA, but everything dies quick if she puts the bullet in the right spot. I know that when I hear that gun go off, I'm gonna have to drag something, gut it, or both.
            Sounds like me with my wife. She carries the 22-250 to the stand. When it goes off the work begins.

Comment

If this kind of damage came from a 22-250.. then all other calibers are obsolete…😆
              Lol. You sir are correct!

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                This is no joke ive had more animals run off from my 300Win than i have a 22-250. Pigs and Deer. Now ill admit i have only shot 2-3 pigs with my 22-250 as im like you. I like to blow big holes in pigs.

rarely do i hit something hard enough to get good expansion from the 300. I did shoot a buck through both front shoulders with it. That was a mess and mistake....
                If anything.. you have got my interest.. in shootings these guns…. We will see…

Comment

If anything.. you have got my interest.. in shootings these guns…. We will see…
                  Good! Have fun with them. You scored some fine rifles! Oh my preferred load is the 55 grain sierra spitzers. I think same as the game king.

Comment

I’ve got a vls and an old m77, they both shoot good groups with Remington soft point ammo, not really idea for my situation of deer hunting but I use it for coyotes every year

Comment

They are impossible to find right now but when you can find 60grn partitions they are deadly. Shoot them behind the shoulder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Yelladog View Post
                        They are impossible to find right now but when you can find 60grn partitions they are deadly. Shoot them behind the shoulder.

I have a bunch of the 60 gr Partitions but the 14" twist in both my Rem 700 22-250's won't stabilize them. Very good choice for deer/hogs if you have a 12" twist or faster.

Comment

Very nice, I have one just like it sitting in the safe. I shoot 50g bullets into one ragged hole with it. Such a fun gun!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Bald Guy View Post
                            I have a bunch of the 60 gr Partitions but the 14" twist in both my Rem 700 22-250's won't stabilize them. Very good choice for deer/hogs if you have a 12" twist or faster.
                            I guess I’m going to have to stay with the lighter bullets…

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                              Very nice, I have one just like it sitting in the safe. I shoot 50g bullets into one ragged hole with it. Such a fun gun!

These are too… it’s too dang hot out…

Comment

Have a 22-250 from APR that is a freaking hammer with 60 noslers. Use it everywhere I can that unless a ranch owner ask me to bump up to something bigger.

Dropped a younger aoudad ram at 225 yards last year.

Awesome round.

Comment

Working...
                                X