No announcement yet.

2022 Salty H20 Thread.... Let's go! Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stellar times with the cronies clique today. Fishing was a grind but fellowship was outstanding.

Until next time

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=basschump;16251912]I’ve really enjoyed chasing reds the past month on my new-to-me scooter. It’s nice fishing away from the crowds.

It’s getting fitted with a jack plate this week- looking forward to fishing really skinny with even more confidence.

Those little scooters are a lot of fun and very versatile in calm conditions. I built one in the 90s and fished it for about 12 years. Gigged a lot of flounder out of it as well

Comment

2022 Salty H20 Thread.... Let's go! Part 1

We fished the last two days. It’s been a grind here in Matagorda. We turned in a decent stringer, think we finished 6 or 7, just out of the money. Couldn’t find a big red. We did take first place flounder.

Comment

How heavy a flounder?

Congratulations!

Comment

4.6#s

Comment

Congrats on the big fish win!

By far the hardest/least productive trip I have fished with these guys but the good times and companionship prevail!

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                We fished the last two days. It’s been a grind here in Matagorda. We turned in a decent stringer, think we finished 6 or 7, just out of the money. Couldn’t find a big red. We did take first place flounder.

Congrats to y'all Philip!!

Comment

Some of the toughest fishing I’ve been a part of, but still a great time none the less.

Congrats again to Phillips team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                    4.6#s
                    Congratulations

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations Philip!

And Justin is sure right, Matty has not been friendly!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats on the big flounder win!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          Stellar times with the cronies clique today. Fishing was a grind but fellowship was outstanding.

Until next time

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

The floor of that boat sure looks nice. [emoji6]

She may not have been the fastest boat in the tournament, but she did the job to the best of her abilities.

Comment

It's been a very tough year for us. The wind has just been relentless which keeps me from fishing where most of the trout are right now. I can't ever remember fishing this many strong SW wind days in a year. But what I will tell y'all is the days that we have had light south or SE wind the fish numbers are much improved over last summer. It looks like the trout are bouncing back really well. There are a whole lot of 10-16" trout in the bays right now and most of those fish are fish that were spawned post freeze which shows the recovery is well under way. I think by next August when the emergency order is lifted we will be in pretty good shape.

One positive about all the wind is that it is giving the trout some protection and relief. That is a big positive especially during croaker hero season. The number of dead trout at the cleaning table has been very low and that is a good thing right now. Every weekend that passes that the conditions are tough is just that many more trout still swimming and spawning in the bay and not freezer burning in someone's freezer.

Comment

Add expensive fuel to that Glenn. I think that is keeping people off the water too.

Comment

That wind was brutal yesterday. Couldnt get to some spots i wanted to get to just for fear the anchor would cone undone and i would be up on rocks. Was able to scratch out 1 keeper flounder. I did go back into a lake and just have a hay day with puppy drum just to burn through all the live (now dead) shrimp i had.

Comment

Working...
                                X