Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 07-15-2021, 08:00 AM   #1
ultrastealth
Ten Point

Hunt In: Camp Wood, TX
Default Karen tried to commit suicide by truck yesterday..

My son and I left my parents house yesterday and, as we're going down a connecting street, I see my son swerve to the left to avoid hitting a woman walking down the middle of the street holding a newspaper. I slow down as I approach her and try to go around her, but with her head down, as if she was oblivious to my truck, she moved left to stay in front of me. I tried to go around her to the right, and she moved that way. I finally got around her and she made a motion with her hands for me to slow down. Now, when we approached her, we were doing no more than 20 mph, and I was doing less than 5mph when she was blocking me. I rolled down my window and asked in a very unpolite fashion what her problem was, and she flipped me off and started cursing me back. I told her that, if she had a problem with me to call the cops, and she said her son was a cop. I told her to call him then, so he could explain why his mother was a lunatic. These people buy a house at a discount on a through street, then get all bent out of shape that there's traffic on said street.
ultrastealth is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-15-2021, 08:15 AM   #2
Johnny44
Ten Point

Hunt In: https://miamoo.org/

Thats why you should just move to Camp Wood.

Karens suck !
Johnny44 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-15-2021, 08:18 AM   #3
ultrastealth
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny44 View Post
Thats why you should just move to Camp Wood.

Karens suck !
Someday.
Old 07-15-2021, 08:18 AM   #4
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

They are everywhere amigo...

https://mobile.twitter.com/RickyLe80...16101936738312
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-15-2021, 08:19 AM   #5
imyomama
Ten Point

same exact thing in my neighborhood , 2 old ladies ! they walk in the middle of the street , we have sidewalks on both sides... they walk in the middle of the road .. one time i stopped and rolled my window down and said "since you want the road to yourself , do you want me to drive my truck on the sidewalk ?? they flipped me off! not sure where they live , 1-2 street down ? should be easy to find , they probably drive a prius , and got a biden and rainbow flag in their yard. ... oh ... and 10 cats!
imyomama is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-15-2021, 08:22 AM   #6
Chief Big Toe
Ten Point

Hunt In: Sparkman,Arkansas

seems to be going on so much more....feeling so entitled.. and do not you dare say anything or else your the bad one
Chief Big Toe is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-15-2021, 08:26 AM   #7
Johnny44
Ten Point

Blow the horn at them, hard !
Old 07-15-2021, 08:29 AM   #8
tx_basser
Eight Point

Hunt In: Any place Public

had a similar experience on a thru street here. Shouted at me to slow down. I said i'm doing 20.. next time dont buy a house on a thru street dumbazz.
tx_basser is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-15-2021, 09:03 AM   #9
dphillips62
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mission Valley, Victoria, and anywhere else I can sling an arrow

I have a train horn on my truck for calling 4 legged cows. It scares the hell out of 2 legged cows.
dphillips62 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-15-2021, 09:18 AM   #10
Geezy Rider
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise Co.

Wow, never heard of such a thing.
Geezy Rider is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-15-2021, 09:26 AM   #11
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dphillips62 View Post
I have a train horn on my truck for calling 4 legged cows. It scares the hell out of 2 legged cows.
sweet
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-15-2021, 09:31 AM   #12
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

They act like that because they think there is no consequences for their actions. Consequences are the only way to get through to them.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-15-2021, 09:31 AM   #13
Hogmauler
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kerrville

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrastealth View Post
My son and I left my parents house yesterday and, as we're going down a connecting street, I see my son swerve to the left to avoid hitting a woman walking down the middle of the street holding a newspaper. I slow down as I approach her and try to go around her, but with her head down, as if she was oblivious to my truck, she moved left to stay in front of me. I tried to go around her to the right, and she moved that way. I finally got around her and she made a motion with her hands for me to slow down. Now, when we approached her, we were doing no more than 20 mph, and I was doing less than 5mph when she was blocking me. I rolled down my window and asked in a very unpolite fashion what her problem was, and she flipped me off and started cursing me back. I told her that, if she had a problem with me to call the cops, and she said her son was a cop. I told her to call him then, so he could explain why his mother was a lunatic. These people buy a house at a discount on a through street, then get all bent out of shape that there's traffic on said street.
They walk among us. Even in Woodcreek Reserve. I woulda layed on the horn. And yes Id love to find someone to put a train horn on my vehicle just for instances like this.
Hogmauler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-15-2021, 12:20 PM   #14
Hunteraudit
Eight Point

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
They act like that because they think there is no consequences for their actions. Consequences are the only way to get through to them.
Well said.
Hunteraudit is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-15-2021, 12:42 PM   #15
manwitaplan
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post

You are correct. When a society has no fear of consequences is when we are in real trouble.

It is like the airlines dropping those 30 and 50K fines on people now. Up until now you went to jail and got a fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
manwitaplan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-15-2021, 12:59 PM   #16
FVR JR
Ten Point

Hunt In: Someplace, TX

There's some old hag I see near my house pretty often with her walker going the wrong way in the right lane of a 2 lane boulevard. The sidewalk is literally 3 ft from her, but instead she curses/flips off folks who have to stop and go around her worthless butt. Eventually she'll be a grease spot and then we'll have to listen to how much of a tragedy it is. Some people...
FVR JR is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-15-2021, 03:08 PM   #17
no bait
Eight Point

Maybe this is not for this thread, And maybe I'm wrong but down here in the RGV large groups of people on bikes on one of the busiest roads that connects cities on the afternoon rush hour. Not a good place to ride a bike if you ask me. I was always told as a kid stay off the street! especially a highway!
no bait is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-15-2021, 03:15 PM   #18
ultrastealth
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by no bait View Post
Maybe this is not for this thread, And maybe I'm wrong but down here in the RGV large groups of people on bikes on one of the busiest roads that connects cities on the afternoon rush hour. Not a good place to ride a bike if you ask me. I was always told as a kid stay off the street! especially a highway!
My room mate from college is a big liberal biker in the DFW area. He's been hit four times, turns around and sues the poor motorist. We can't agree on much anymore.
Old 07-15-2021, 03:39 PM   #19
Johnny44
Ten Point

He ain’t been hit hard nuff yet !
Old 07-15-2021, 08:33 PM   #20
hpdrifter
Ten Point

Hunt In: anywhere I can

I usually slip the truck into neutral, race the engine, slam the brakes to make em screech, and hit the horn. They usually do a tap dance for you.
hpdrifter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-16-2021, 06:02 AM   #21
91cavgt
Ten Point

I had this problem a few years ago. Found a quick remedy for it too.

Driving home one afternoon I saw them walking in the middle of the road, walking in the same direction I was going. Once I got kinda close to them I yanked up hard on the emergency brake handle on my car. Then I laid on the horn till I came to a stop. Watching them suddenly get the motivation to quickly move out of the road brought a pleasant smile to my face.

I guess the sound of screeching tires works better than a horn..... except for a train horn! I’d pay to see that!!
91cavgt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-16-2021, 06:30 AM   #22
Hogmauler
Ten Point

[QUOTE=ultrastealth;15703495]My room mate from college is a big liberal biker in the DFW area. He's been hit four times, turns around and sues the poor motorist. We can't agree on much anymore.

A friend of mine got in the back of his truck in the 1970,s and lashed a bike rider across his back with a piece of water hose when they passed him at 30. Guy kept it together and chased em but never caught em. They would also hit em with water balloons as well.
I never went that far but was headed to a PT appointment the other day at Methodist West Houston. Turned onto Greenhouse road and here’s a guy riding his bike in morning traffic down Greenhouse. Personally I would never ride a bike in Houston just because of the sheer volume of drunks and dope heads behind the wheel. Secondly I think more of other peoples rights than my right to inconvenience them while their fighting traffic etc. my two cents.
Old 07-16-2021, 06:35 AM   #23
Hogmauler
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dphillips62 View Post
I read that you cant pass inspection if they find that on your vehicle. Ive thought about having one for safety in case we were stopped by a blm mob blocking the freeway. So, hows youd get it by them?
Old 07-16-2021, 07:37 AM   #24
IkemanTX
Ten Point

Quote:

A big ol train horn on the truck would scare her bad enough that shed stop!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IkemanTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-16-2021, 07:38 AM   #25
Geezy Rider
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogmauler View Post
I read that you cant pass inspection if they find that on your vehicle. Ive thought about having one for safety in case we were stopped by a blm mob blocking the freeway. So, hows youd get it by them?
Its my understanding, and Im far from being an expert, that its legal as long as its not your primary horn.
Geezy Rider is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-16-2021, 07:53 AM   #26
dphillips62
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mission Valley, Victoria, and anywhere else I can sling an arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogmauler View Post
It's not illegal to have one on your vehicle it just can't be the primary horn. I have it wired to a special switch normal horn is still hooked up to the steering wheel. I used to run a fire truck wind up siren but it was very large and required a lot of room under the hood. a train horn is long and skinny so it fits about anywhere. It is however illegal to use a train horn on a public street or roadway.
dphillips62 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-16-2021, 07:57 AM   #27
Hogmauler
Ten Point

Yeah but it’s not illegal to block a freeway with some b s protest.
Old 07-16-2021, 08:31 AM   #28
ThisLadyHunts
Ten Point

Hunt In: Austin, Boerne, Wyoming, South America

[quote=Hogmauler;15704337]
Quote:
My room mate from college is a big liberal biker in the DFW area. He's been hit four times, turns around and sues the poor motorist. We can't agree on much anymore.

A friend of mine got in the back of his truck in the 1970,s and lashed a bike rider across his back with a piece of water hose when they passed him at 30. Guy kept it together and chased em but never caught em. They would also hit em with water balloons as well.
I never went that far but was headed to a PT appointment the other day at Methodist West Houston. Turned onto Greenhouse road and heres a guy riding his bike in morning traffic down Greenhouse. Personally I would never ride a bike in Houston just because of the sheer volume of drunks and dope heads behind the wheel. Secondly I think more of other peoples rights than my right to inconvenience them while their fighting traffic etc. my two cents.
Well stated, sir!
ThisLadyHunts is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-16-2021, 09:15 AM   #29
CaptainDave
Ten Point

Few thoughts -

- That lady is obviously an idiot and is looking to get seriously hurt. Cut through road or not, walking down the middle of the street is just asking for it. There's way too many distracted drivers out there these days that would just plow you over on accident.

- If the sidewalks aren't that great in a residential area, I've got no problem with people walking in the road close to the curb. That typically does not inconvenience anyone and with the sheer amount of people that park in the street as compared to their driveways, it doesn't matter that much. Again, I'm talking neighborhood streets here, not the main 4 lane thorough fair.

- I do think some drivers are inconsiderate and drive like Evel Knievel through residential neighborhood areas. Also, just because a neighborhood road is a "cut thru" to the main thorough fair still doesn't give a pass to speeding down it. The residents on that street bought into increased traffic flow at peek times, but they didn't buy into people driving 50 mph on a non-posted 30 mph street where you have kids playing in front yards.

- For the record, I do not live on a cut thru road, but I do live in a neighborhood that is close to a busy area. We like to walk our area in the evenings and have no issue. However, there are a few cut thru roads and I've noticed that some people really do speed down them sometimes.
CaptainDave is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-16-2021, 09:22 AM   #30
tx_basser
Eight Point

Hunt In: Any place Public

Maybe she is going to be the next Michael Brown
tx_basser is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-16-2021, 10:39 AM   #31
hoythunter02
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady, Texas

Not a fan of Train Horns but it would be awesome in this case.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
hoythunter02 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-16-2021, 11:30 AM   #32
Rwc
Pope & Young

She has obviously not seen my wife drive............................or she would be walking 10' into some ones yard!

Rwc
Rwc is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-16-2021, 08:19 PM   #33
Strummer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: At Gary's place ,and the backyard

A few days ago at 4am I was on my way to work . Some drunk dude in all black was walking in the middle on my lane . I came about 8 inches from hitting him . Called the cops . He had already been reported 3 times . He ended up getting arrested for PI .
Strummer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-17-2021, 09:33 AM   #34
grizzman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas and Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
A few days ago at 4am I was on my way to work . Some drunk dude in all black was walking in the middle on my lane . I came about 8 inches from hitting him . Called the cops . He had already been reported 3 times . He ended up getting arrested for PI .
I used to ride with my father when he was a state police sergeant in another state. We were riding a back road one Saturday night and there was a guy walking towards us in the middle of the road with a Mason jar in his hand.

My father pulls over, gets out, and talks to the guy. Cars headlights are on and I see my father make him put the jar down, cuffs him, picks up the jar, and puts him in the back of the car.

My father gets in, and I look at him like "what the heck". He shoves the jar under my nose and it was definitely moonshine.

That was forty years ago.or more but I think that a lot of this behavior is drugs or alcohol. Just my opinion.
grizzman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-17-2021, 09:57 AM   #35
coker737
Ten Point

Hunt In: My KB Ranch. Rocksprings, TX

This is where they try to get you to stop and her accomplices come out of the bushes and steal your vehicle. Always carry, tell no one
coker737 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-17-2021, 10:08 AM   #36
rolylane6
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wise county

I was driving to work a few weeks ago doing 75 down 287 in the right lane. I see a van pulled over on the right shoulder and a man and woman standing behind it. Appears they're arguing. As I approach, he turns and starts walking fast toward my lane and its too late for me to anything but swerve. She grabs him and he immediately turns back. I think he was just putting on a show and trying to scare her but it scared the crap outta me! It pi$$ed me off to the point I wanted to go back and finish the job he started!
Why can't dumb***es leave the rest of us out of their da** drama!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
rolylane6 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-17-2021, 10:10 AM   #37
JES
Ten Point

Hunt In: Stonewall and Ft. Bend County

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDave View Post
Few thoughts -

- That lady is obviously an idiot and is looking to get seriously hurt. Cut through road or not, walking down the middle of the street is just asking for it. There's way too many distracted drivers out there these days that would just plow you over on accident.

- If the sidewalks aren't that great in a residential area, I've got no problem with people walking in the road close to the curb. That typically does not inconvenience anyone and with the sheer amount of people that park in the street as compared to their driveways, it doesn't matter that much. Again, I'm talking neighborhood streets here, not the main 4 lane thorough fair.

- I do think some drivers are inconsiderate and drive like Evel Knievel through residential neighborhood areas. Also, just because a neighborhood road is a "cut thru" to the main thorough fair still doesn't give a pass to speeding down it. The residents on that street bought into increased traffic flow at peek times, but they didn't buy into people driving 50 mph on a non-posted 30 mph street where you have kids playing in front yards.

- For the record, I do not live on a cut thru road, but I do live in a neighborhood that is close to a busy area. We like to walk our area in the evenings and have no issue. However, there are a few cut thru roads and I've noticed that some people really do speed down them sometimes.
He said he was doing 20 mph which is a reasonable speed in any part of a neighborhood.
JES is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-17-2021, 11:55 AM   #38
rolylane6
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wise county

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolylane6 View Post
I was driving to work a few weeks ago doing 75 down 287 in the right lane. I see a van pulled over on the right shoulder and a man and woman standing behind it. Appears they're arguing. As I approach, he turns and starts walking fast toward my lane and its too late for me to anything but swerve. She grabs him and he immediately turns back. I think he was just putting on a show and trying to scare her but it scared the crap outta me! It pi$$ed me off to the point I wanted to go back and finish the job he started!
Why can't dumb***es leave the rest of us out of their da** drama!

I guess I should finish this story.
A few miles down the road my wife calls and I told her what happened. She say, "OMG, did you call the police?" I said no. The next thing she did was pray, "oh God please protect those people." Thank God for giving me a praying wife! I immediately let go of my anger and understood it wasn't about me, then called the sherrifs office and reported it.

rolylane6 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top