Oklahoma Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oklahoma Hunting

My dad is retiring from working at Valero for the past 42 years. With that said he has purchased 525 acres just north of Coalgate, Ok.
    How is the hunting in that area? What to expect on deer quality and density?
    As you can all expect I am beyond excited to get up there and scout the property and start hanging some sets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TalonErickson7; 05-05-2021, 04:50 PM.

I don’t think you will be disappointed.

Comment

Better than most of Texas!

Comment

I’ve killed some very very small deer close to that area. I wouldn’t even bother buying a license if I were you, I’m about to send my lifetime license back and tell them to stick it

The areas pretty good but like all things hunting it’s location location location, I’m sure the hunting will be pretty good to excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Kong View Post
          I’ve killed some very very small deer close to that area. I wouldn’t even bother buying a license if I were you, I’m about to send my lifetime license back and tell them to stick it

The areas pretty good but like all things hunting it’s location location location, I’m sure the hunting will be pretty good to excellent.

Sounds good. I am unfamiliar with the area just excited and trying to get some insight on the area.

Comment

My biggest fairly close to their is upper 180”s, lots of non typical’s in the area. Pm me the exact location or very close and I can give you more info.

Comment

I have a church friend that has a place about 5 miles north in 75 there. He has elk on their place. I didn’t think they were that far south.

Comment

I bought land just north of there last year in Hughes county. The deer hunting is better than any lease I’ve hunted in Texas the past 25 years. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Comment

Good deer in OK....you just gotta beat the methhead Okie poachers to them

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Frost View Post
                    I bought land just north of there last year in Hughes county. The deer hunting is better than any lease I’ve hunted in Texas the past 25 years. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Sounds promising

Comment

I’m north of you in Hughes county and I think you will be extremely happy with the hunting! Good luck!

Comment

Great area, also feeders were allowed just a few years ago. Lots of big bucks and pigs.

Comment

That area has some studs. I know a guy in Coalgate and he's always covered up in big deer, ducks, and geese.

Comment

I’m up 31 a few minutes from Coalgate. This will be my first season and I am very anxious to see what the property holds!

Comment

I own a little land in Coalgate. Turkey population is very good and very good deer pop. There is very good number of big bucks over 150". Hogs tend to move around a lot vs sticking around and taking over feeders. I'm very close, holler if you need anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X