Happiness vs Money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happiness vs Money

I have a job opportunity right now where I can go make 30k more for a company doing pretty much the same thing I’m doing now. I make good money now and very very happy where I’m at but 30k is a lot. Do you take the money or do you stay where you are and just continue being happy? My job now is very secure have little chance of being laid off and like I said I love it. So what do you do if you are in my shoes?

how many years until you retire? multiply that times 30k.

Comment

you cant buy happiness. if your happy now, then stay. ive had jobs where I made more money but wasn't happy. ive been at jobs where I made less, but loved the job, and people..just my experience

Comment

Money can't buy happiness but it sure helps. Go for $30k more.

Comment

Would you have to move?
          Would the new job have as much security as the current job? Same benefits?

If you will be doing the same thing that you already enjoy- why not do it with a pay increase. I don't think money buys happiness- but it buys a ranch. And 30k raise buys it even quicker

Comment

Money may not buy happiness , but it can make a good down payment.

Comment

I always base my decision on how it will affect my quality of life.
              I have taken jobs for the money and have been miserable.

Money sometimes makes it easier for the short term.

Comment

I don't have to move and pretty much the same benefits but where I'm now it's a big company but still ran by a family that cares for it's people. New job is owned by an investment firm and you never know what they might do when it's comes to selling the company or laying people off. I just keep going back and forth about it.

Comment

If you'd be doing the same thing, what's to stop you from being happy at the new place and socking away an extra $30k a year. You could retire like 10 years earlier

Comment

Money wont buy happiness, but money will buy a jetski. And have u aver seen someone unhappy on a jetski?

Comment

I had a job offer in Sadia Arabia and it was going to be a sizable raise but after i factored in not seeing my family much for 4 years I decided it just wasn't worth it. I am very comfortable now and get to see my grand kids and others any time I want, you can't buy time with loved ones.

Comment

Mo money mo problems....

Who knows what the new boss/company is like. Is there a nazi boss that if micro managing your every move? Do they require you to give up your home life.

Money is not way up on my list as important. My family and my happiness come first. Usally there is a reason why they pay more.

Comment

Talk to current employer and maybe get a counter offer.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanwood08 View Post
                            Money wont buy happiness, but money will buy a jetski. And have u aver seen someone unhappy on a jetski?
                            Its all throttle! You can't frown on a jetski!

Comment

Originally posted by rjet View Post
                              Talk to current employer and maybe get a counter offer.

Comment

Working...
                              X