Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you show me your cotton seed feeder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reloading customer of mine feeds it and he told me he had to put a bit of corn in with the cottonseed at first, but once the deer got started, they haven't looked back.

Comment

How much wire do you need? I buy mine from a place in Elgin he will sell it by the feeder at a time if wanted for $ 25 He also sells bagged or bulk.

Comment

Casey,

I work with macdad, if you and he work something out I can bring it to you in Weimar.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
          Reloading customer of mine feeds it and he told me he had to put a bit of corn in with the cottonseed at first, but once the deer got started, they haven't looked back.
          Lease I worked on had the same thing happen to them. Put the cotton seed feeder in feed pen with corn feeder and they hammered it

Comment

Just to let you know if you put corn in with the cottonseed the coons might get in it and scatter the stuff all over the place. If you have hogs and the cottonseed is not in a pen they will destroy the cage. Just thought I would pass on my expierence with it.

Comment

FYI - McCoys sells the 58" V-Mesh wire for $410.15. . . for 165 feet! Unfortunately they won't cut it though, so you are stuck with a whole roll. But just thought I would pass the info along.

Comment

Where in Sinton did you get the cotton seed and do you know if they had anymore?

Comment

Yeah it is high But, it is the wire to Use. I would not mix any corn with it. texasTK is right. Coons will dump the whole cage for a few hand fulls of Corn.

We even Put lids on ours because I have seen coons try and make nest in the cages and Make a mess of your Cottenseed.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                    Where in Sinton did you get the cotton seed and do you know if they had anymore?
                    PM heading your way

Comment

Will cows eat it?

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                        Will cows eat it?
                        YES YES YES... They love it. If they ever find it you will never be able to keep them away. Put it in your feed pens so they can't get to it.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                          Will cows eat it?
                          Every chance they get.

Comment

[ATTACH]461737[/ATTACH]

Comment

We subscribe to the "one center t-post" theory. Don't wire the cage to the t-post, so the deer can move the cage around to get all of the seed. The cage needs to be moveable.

Comment

So the t post is just so it can't be pushed over??
                                Not fastened to wire at all??

Comment

Working...
                                X