28 years ago today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

28 years ago today

I woke up in rehab. Only by the grace of God, have I not had a drink since. When I absolutely knew that I finally had to quit drinking or I'd lose my family and my job and probably my life, I truly thought I'd never have fun again without drinking. How was I gonna enjoy a night at the baseball game, a fishing or camping trip, or even a Tex-Mex dinner without beer? Fun, as I knew it, was over. While in rehab, I hit my knees and told God that I couldn't do it myself and needed His help. He is still helping me today 28 years later. That craving is never really gone but sure gets easier to ignore every day.
    Today I guarantee, I have more fun without drinking than any drunk out there!
    If your struggling and want to quit, there is a way and if I can do it, anyone can but it definitely requires complete surrender, and realizing that you can't do it alone. Admit to someone you trust and yourself that you need help. Seek God if your willing and He will help.
    What a great day!
    Bobby

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Takes a strong man to be able to admit his prior choices. Congrats on this milestone victory

Comment

God Bless and congrats on the 28 years!

Comment

#winning

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations! Surrendering is not weakness but is Strength and Courage which comes from Faith!
          Best thread I’ve seen in a while brother!

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Congratulations! I remember thinking the same when I quit. Man, deer camp, hanging out with friends, sitting around a campfire, even birthday parties just won't be as fun anymore. Like you, I was wrong too. I don't even know when I quit for sure. It was around 10 years ago but I don't have a definite date. It was not long after I accepted Christ but I don't remember that exact date either. I'm terrible at remembering dates (my wife can attest[emoji33]). I don't miss drinking at all and have more fun now than ever in my life. I don't miss it, crave it, or even ever consider taking a drink again. And all the glory belongs to God! He and He alone purged me of that desire.
              Great milestone and looking forward to your 128 year post! Again, congrats!!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats to y’all for kicking the habit. I know it’s very difficult for some. My addiction wasn’t alcohol, it was tobacco. I contracted covid last Christmas and Grizzly Long Cut Straight tasted like pig poop, (I think), so I quit and haven’t had a dip since. After 50 years of dipping I’m quit 6 months and don’t miss it (mostly). Can’t imagine how y’all feel, but I have three cans in the fridge where I keep my dog’s insulin so I have to look at them twice a day every day.

Congrats again !

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Congratulations sir

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I like these type threads. Congrats

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats thanks for sharing

Comment

When you take the Devil into your mouth you are doomed!

Francis Elroy Duffy, (Hag’em High)

Congrats on 28 years!

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

Working...
                              X