Closed Thread
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 07-30-2021, 08:55 AM   #2001
Heath
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Cool places with Cool people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye07 View Post
10-2 with a new QB and coaching staff? Címon man, I thought you said you were being a realist?
Vegas agrees with his statement.
Heath is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-30-2021, 08:56 AM   #2002
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye07 View Post
10-2 with a new QB and coaching staff? Címon man, I thought you said you were being a realist?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Look at the schedule. Lol.

Truth be told none of us know what to expect due to what you said. I also think pre season record predictions are dumb. That and I was playing stupid games with C3po.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Burntorange Bowhunter is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-30-2021, 09:06 AM   #2003
Rwc
Pope & Young

So they both have officially been invited to join the SEC as of yesterday, correct?

Rwc
Rwc is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-30-2021, 09:08 AM   #2004
Pin Oak DXT
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wharton County

I haven't weighed in on this thread in the last few weeks as life has been busy and quite frankly the speculation and smack talking was a little ridiculous at times. My thoughts below.

Congrats to Texas and OU for inclusion in the SEC. While early on I wasn't a fan of the idea, I am happy to have the UT rivalry game back. From a financial stand point, this is a no brainer for UT and OU as well as the remaining SEC teams. Is it good for college football? Likely not but only time will tell. It is a shame Bowlsby's lack of leadership has caused the demise of the Big 12. We (Aggies) new this 10 years ago when we left for greener pastures. I just hate to see the likes of TCU, Tech, and OSU left without a home. But kudos to UT and OU for working this behind the scenes and keeping this on the down low. It's amazing this didn't leak sooner.

As for competitiveness in football, time will tell. OU clearly makes their path to the playoffs much harder by entering the SEC. Texas to some extent as well. This is a line of scrimmage league and the closest thing to the NFL in all of collegiate conferences. You have to build depth on the OL and DL to be effective. Beating a SEC team from time to time (like in a bowl game) is clearly not the same as running the weekly gauntlet from October until December. I will let you all argue how effective you
may or may not be in the SEC because in reality, nobody knows.

Like I said, I look forward to the rivalry game with UT. College football is better with that game. I am confident in the direction of our program with Jimbo at the helm. He is a master recruiter and has us moving in the right direction. If Sark is the right guy, things are gonna get real fun real quick. Once again, congrats to UT and OU.
Pin Oak DXT is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-30-2021, 09:12 AM   #2005
oktx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwc View Post
So they both have officially been invited to join the SEC as of yesterday, correct?

Rwc
Correct 14-0 vote. They will be in the conference by 2025.
oktx is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-30-2021, 09:19 AM   #2006
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
I haven't weighed in on this thread in the last few weeks as life has been busy and quite frankly the speculation and smack talking was a little ridiculous at times. My thoughts below.

Congrats to Texas and OU for inclusion in the SEC. While early on I wasn't a fan of the idea, I am happy to have the UT rivalry game back. From a financial stand point, this is a no brainer for UT and OU as well as the remaining SEC teams. Is it good for college football? Likely not but only time will tell. It is a shame Bowlsby's lack of leadership has caused the demise of the Big 12. We (Aggies) new this 10 years ago when we left for greener pastures. I just hate to see the likes of TCU, Tech, and OSU left without a home. But kudos to UT and OU for working this behind the scenes and keeping this on the down low. It's amazing this didn't leak sooner.

As for competitiveness in football, time will tell. OU clearly makes their path to the playoffs much harder by entering the SEC. Texas to some extent as well. This is a line of scrimmage league and the closest thing to the NFL in all of collegiate conferences. You have to build depth on the OL and DL to be effective. Beating a SEC team from time to time (like in a bowl game) is clearly not the same as running the weekly gauntlet from October until December. I will let you all argue how effective you

Like I said, I look forward to the rivalry game with UT. College football is better with that game. I am confident in the direction of our program with Jimbo at the helm. He is a master recruiter and has us moving in the right direction. If Sark is the right guy, things are gonna get real fun real quick. Once again, congrats to UT and OU.
Good post, sir.

Only issue is the SEC "gauntlet" myth has been exposed. I'm betting Texas gets a favorable schedule the first couple of years.

Old 07-30-2021, 09:22 AM   #2007
Heath
Pope & Young

Quote:

Good take. I was waiting for you to chime in. I am curious if you see the league going away from the LOS as in years past with all the new offensive minds in the game that like to run the spread and go fast. The guys up front are always important, but if the ball is out of the hand in less than 2.5 seconds and teams are running 90 plays a game, I can see having those traditionally SEC type linemen not be as important.

I will take great OL / DL over subpar any day, but don't you think teams will be able to compete better with subpar OL / DL than they have in the past based on the new offenses in the league? Everybody wants those LOS guys, but there are not enough to go around it seems.
Old 07-30-2021, 09:26 AM   #2008
James
Ten Point

Hunt In: Everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
Vegas agrees with his statement.
Vegas total wins for Horns Is set at 8 right now.

Let me know where I can bet the under of 10 wins please.
James is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-30-2021, 09:37 AM   #2009
Heath
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Vegas total wins for Horns Is set at 8 right now.

Let me know where I can bet the under of 10 wins please.
BOB was saying vs the A&M 2021 schedule. The only team Texas would not be a favorite on that schedule is Bama.

I think most people have Texas at 9-3 with losses to OU, Iowa State, and probably TCU. You know Patterson will make sure he wins his Super Bowl this year. I would be happy with 9-3 in year one.
Old 07-30-2021, 09:38 AM   #2010
James
Ten Point

Hunt In: Everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by heath View Post
bob was saying vs the a&m 2021 schedule. The only team texas would not be a favorite on that schedule is bama.

I think most people have texas at 9-3 with losses to ou, iowa state, and probably tcu. You know patterson will make sure he wins his super bowl this year. I would be happy with 9-3 in year one.
10/4
James is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-30-2021, 09:41 AM   #2011
oktx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise County

Name:  30AE2177-B3F7-43A3-A525-AF35D0A7F2AD.png
Views: 233
Size:  378.9 KB

Last edited by oktx; 07-30-2021 at 09:46 AM.
oktx is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-30-2021, 09:46 AM   #2012
Pin Oak DXT
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
Good post, sir.

Only issue is the SEC "gauntlet" myth has been exposed. I'm betting Texas gets a favorable schedule the first couple of years.

I am hoping there is no "favors" to the Texas schedule. I sure don't recall any favors entering the league.

Yall can talk all you want about how favorable our schedule is this year. My response is, "its about time"! Our run game and defense will be really good this year. If we can find a QB I see no reason why we can't have a special season in Aggieland

Last edited by Pin Oak DXT; 07-30-2021 at 09:51 AM.
Old 07-30-2021, 09:50 AM   #2013
Pin Oak DXT
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
Good take. I was waiting for you to chime in. I am curious if you see the league going away from the LOS as in years past with all the new offensive minds in the game that like to run the spread and go fast. The guys up front are always important, but if the ball is out of the hand in less than 2.5 seconds and teams are running 90 plays a game, I can see having those traditionally SEC type linemen not be as important.

I will take great OL / DL over subpar any day, but don't you think teams will be able to compete better with subpar OL / DL than they have in the past based on the new offenses in the league? Everybody wants those LOS guys, but there are not enough to go around it seems.
Heath - as always you raise some good points and I agree the SEC is becoming a more offensive league. You just don't see teams like Ole Miss (outstanding offense that gets the ball out quickly) perform very well against defenses with a lot of depth. Now they may score 34 points against a Bama or LSU but they also can't stop anyone. Not to mention the teams with the depth up front, especially on the OL, just control the clock with the run game and neutralize these high powered spread offenses by keeping them off the field.

Not sure I can answer your question very well but time will tell.
Old 07-30-2021, 09:56 AM   #2014
Chad C
Pope & Young

Default College Football Summer Ramp Up...

Invitation accepted.

Now, letís see if this move has SEC speed.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Chad C is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-30-2021, 10:16 AM   #2015
CaptainDave
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC-001 View Post
The forgotten 8 just have to hold tight and they will receive the millions and then find landing spots afterwards. There are no group of 5 teams the other conferences are going to add before adding teams left in the Big 12, the rest is just scare tactics to get the conference to fold so espn/and the two schools that left don't have to pay the penalty fees, aTm leaking the move early really threw a wrench in it.
Let's be honest. The 8 remaining schools are in a really bad spot. Reality just hasn't set into their fan bases as of yet. Honestly, I put them in two groups.

1. Screwed at least in the short-term, perhaps in the long-term
- Tech, KU, OkSt, ISU, WVU

2. Screwed for the long-term and on path to the AAC or similar.
- Kstate, Baylor, TCU

Seriously, where are they gonna go? The Big10, PAC and ACC don't have to expand, but just for grins, assuming the push is for 4, 16 school conferences.

Big 10 - currently has 14 so can add 2
ACC - currently has 14 so can add 2; but does have a side agreement with ND
PAC - currently has 12, so can add 4
SEC - has 16 now, so assume they are capped
ND is the 100 lb. gorilla that might eventually have to join one

KU and ISU are the only two that even have a snowballs chance at the Big10. Both are AAU and at least are somewhat in the conference foot print. Based on academics alone, none of the other schools fit.

WVU is on an island. Their only shot is the ACC, which has passed on them in the past. They can't join the PAC due to geography and they don't have the academics for the Big10. The ACC could still add WVU, but what makes Baylor, TCU or KState better fits than other schools like Cindy or UCF. Not to mention, the ACC might hold out with even the slightest possibility of ND joining.

Tech and OkSt have a slither of hope with the PAC. They could be packaged together or with two others. However, none of these combinations make the PAC increase it's value, at least not more than incrementally.

Baylor and TCU have no hope for the PAC due to their religious affiliations, even it they are almost non-existent these days. They don't have the academics for the Big 10 and aren't in the ACC Region and again, what makes them any better than other schools closer to the ACC? KState is in the same boat. That's why I say all 3 of their fates land with the AAC or similar.

This is turning into a dirty business. This is no knock on the above schools. There's plenty other schools that are currently grandfathered into the grown-up table, that if thrown into a similar predicament, would be screwed as well.
CaptainDave is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-30-2021, 10:29 AM   #2016
SC-001
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDave View Post
Let's be honest. The 8 remaining schools are in a really bad spot. Reality just hasn't set into their fan bases as of yet. Honestly, I put them in two groups.

1. Screwed at least in the short-term, perhaps in the long-term
- Tech, KU, OkSt, ISU, WVU

2. Screwed for the long-term and on path to the AAC or similar.
- Kstate, Baylor, TCU

Seriously, where are they gonna go? The Big10, PAC and ACC don't have to expand, but just for grins, assuming the push is for 4, 16 school conferences.

Big 10 - currently has 14 so can add 2
ACC - currently has 14 so can add 2; but does have a side agreement with ND
PAC - currently has 12, so can add 4
SEC - has 16 now, so assume they are capped
ND is the 100 lb. gorilla that might eventually have to join one

KU and ISU are the only two that even have a snowballs chance at the Big10. Both are AAU and at least are somewhat in the conference foot print. Based on academics alone, none of the other schools fit.

WVU is on an island. Their only shot is the ACC, which has passed on them in the past. They can't join the PAC due to geography and they don't have the academics for the Big10. The ACC could still add WVU, but what makes Baylor, TCU or KState better fits than other schools like Cindy or UCF. Not to mention, the ACC might hold out with even the slightest possibility of ND joining.

Tech and OkSt have a slither of hope with the PAC. They could be packaged together or with two others. However, none of these combinations make the PAC increase it's value, at least not more than incrementally.

Baylor and TCU have no hope for the PAC due to their religious affiliations, even it they are almost non-existent these days. They don't have the academics for the Big 10 and aren't in the ACC Region and again, what makes them any better than other schools closer to the ACC? KState is in the same boat. That's why I say all 3 of their fates land with the AAC or similar.

This is turning into a dirty business. This is no knock on the above schools. There's plenty other schools that are currently grandfathered into the grown-up table, that if thrown into a similar predicament, would be screwed as well.
The talk between the PAC 12 an Big 10 is heating up on a merger, and it may just be 6 of the PAC schools. The Power group of schools is currently 65, I think you are going to see that reduced to half or more 32 (or 24 so its smaller than the NFL) and they pull away from the NCAA. At some point the SEC and this Big 10 PAC merger becomes the power 2 conferences (NFC AFC light) Other than maybe Kansas the remaining Big 12 teams were never going to be in this final power cut.
SC-001 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-30-2021, 10:39 AM   #2017
Pin Oak DXT
Pope & Young

5-star Safety Jacoby Mathews has just decommitted from LSU. Ranked a top 30 player in the class of 2022 (#2 Safety).

He will be in CStat this weekend for the pool party!

Old 07-30-2021, 10:39 AM   #2018
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Heath - as always you raise some good points and I agree the SEC is becoming a more offensive league. You just don't see teams like Ole Miss (outstanding offense that gets the ball out quickly) perform very well against defenses with a lot of depth. Now they may score 34 points against a Bama or LSU but they also can't stop anyone. Not to mention the teams with the depth up front, especially on the OL, just control the clock with the run game and neutralize these high powered spread offenses by keeping them off the field.

Not sure I can answer your question very well but time will tell.
That's what Jimbo is trying to do. Saban is full speed ahead. They have a stout D though. That's why they dominate. Texas hopes to duplicate with the new staff.

Old 07-30-2021, 10:43 AM   #2019
EastTexasMan
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas - Pop Up blind & Old Mexico

My better half was eating breakfast at the Stella this morning in Bryan and Jimbo is on the scene

Deyon Bouie (ex 5* DB, high 4* now) is there with his family decked out in Ag gear (Grandpa too) - he's from Georgia. Decommitted after last visit from them. Wouldn't be surprised if he pulls trigger for us this weekend

Walter Nolen - #3 overall player 5* DT is there - said he looks like a grown man

Jacoby Matthews (5* Safety) - Just decommitted from LSU and will be at the pool party tomorrow for his second visit
EastTexasMan is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-30-2021, 10:49 AM   #2020
Heath
Pope & Young

A&M revenge is now dropping bags all over. I don't think they are worried about the SEC gentlemen's agreement with recruiting anymore.
Old 07-30-2021, 11:05 AM   #2021
Chad C
Pope & Young

Sounds like the 11:00am kickoffs were really pissing OU off.

Old 07-30-2021, 11:48 AM   #2022
Chad C
Pope & Young

Old 07-30-2021, 11:52 AM   #2023
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexasMan View Post
My better half was eating breakfast at the Stella this morning in Bryan and Jimbo is on the scene

Deyon Bouie (ex 5* DB, high 4* now) is there with his family decked out in Ag gear (Grandpa too) - he's from Georgia. Decommitted after last visit from them. Wouldn't be surprised if he pulls trigger for us this weekend

Walter Nolen - #3 overall player 5* DT is there - said he looks like a grown man

Jacoby Matthews (5* Safety) - Just decommitted from LSU and will be at the pool party tomorrow for his second visit
Are the ones there all wearing hoodies donated by Jimbo?
Bayouboy is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-30-2021, 11:52 AM   #2024
Brock Middlebrook
Pope & Young

Texas and OU fans remind me of Flounder.

https://youtu.be/arZdeg_fL-I

Brock Middlebrook is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-30-2021, 11:58 AM   #2025
Laketex
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wherever I can

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa...tent=algorithm
Laketex is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-30-2021, 12:04 PM   #2026
lanceodom
Ten Point

Hunt In: LaSalle County

Well, this is exciting. I am shocked it has gone this smoothly this quickly. Props to UT/OU powers for orchestrating this and SEC for jumping at it.

Need UT to have a solid year, win a bowl game and get some recruiting momentum. As you saw when Mack got to Texas, it can switch on and then you're off to the races. A&M is experiencing that now. Jimbo is recruiting like an animal. Sark has to do the same and I think he can. The state of Texas has so much talent that if we just divvy up the talent we can all be solid contenders. Again rising tides raise all ships. Its better for everyone and is dang sure more exciting.

On top of all this, my oldest is headed to Alabama in two weeks to start his freshman year. I told him he has no clue how good he has it. He loves the Horns but when we visited Bama last year, he was hooked. While I will pull for Bama I don't have it in me to say roll tide....

Hook'em
lanceodom is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-30-2021, 12:06 PM   #2027
EastTexasMan
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas - Pop Up blind & Old Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayouboy View Post
Are the ones there all wearing hoodies donated by Jimbo?
11 - 5* will be here tomorrow. We stacking talent to extend that 2-1 record jimbo has vs them bubba gump shrimp boat captains
EastTexasMan is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-30-2021, 12:08 PM   #2028
drop dead fred
Pope & Young

Hunt In: TX, Neb, Illinois, MEXICO

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexasMan View Post
11 - 5* will be here tomorrow. We stacking talent to extend that 2-1 record jimbo has vs them bubba gump shrimp boat captains

Lol quit cherry picking time, letís tell the people the record since joiningÖ.

drop dead fred is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-30-2021, 12:10 PM   #2029
drop dead fred
Pope & Young

Hunt In: TX, Neb, Illinois, MEXICO

Oh heck Iíll share it

drop dead fred is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-30-2021, 12:12 PM   #2030
Pin Oak DXT
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post
Lol quit cherry picking time, letís tell the people the record since joiningÖ.

Bro. It aint like it used to be anymore..... Jimbo
Old 07-30-2021, 12:12 PM   #2031
Chad C
Pope & Young

This move was meticulously orchestrated, I donít buy that any other ďmajorĒ moves are going down anything soon. Itís all internet fodder and click bait.

These two cut the chord due to media rights.

Old 07-30-2021, 12:29 PM   #2032
raider19
Eight Point

This started months ago and ESPN orchestrated it. The Whorns and OU took the bait.
raider19 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-30-2021, 12:31 PM   #2033
Chad C
Pope & Young

More like 8 of 10 didnít bring enough to the table to garner another big money media deal.

Old 07-30-2021, 12:35 PM   #2034
Fmjag64
Ten Point

Hunt In: NTX & WTX

Just dropping in to check on yall. Still delusional i see. 10-2 record projection...hahahaha!
Drink up boys! I'll be back later to check on the progress. Carry on.
Attached Images

Last edited by Fmjag64; 07-30-2021 at 01:06 PM.
Fmjag64 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-30-2021, 12:41 PM   #2035
c3products20
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fmjag64 View Post
Just dropping in to check on yall. Still dilutional i see. 10-2 record projection...hahahaha!
Drink up boys! I'll be back later to check on the progress. Carry on.
Just let them talk and take plenty of screen shots!! I sure hope we don't have to wait until 2025 to remind them though!!
c3products20 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-30-2021, 12:43 PM   #2036
Chad C
Pope & Young

Iíve seen 10-2 mentioned 1 time,

Last edited by Chad C; 07-30-2021 at 12:46 PM.
Old 07-30-2021, 12:44 PM   #2037
Fmjag64
Ten Point

Sorry, forgot to include this....

"Sure, Texas has money, slick uniforms, an awesome logo and is located in a cool city. But the on-field performance does not match the reverence with which the "brand" of Texas is breathlessly discussed.

You know how many Top 10 finishes Texas has in the past 11 years? One. It finished No. 9 in 2018 with a 10-4 record after upsetting Georgia in the Sugar Bowl. Texas snapped a 10-year streak of losing at least four regular-season games last season, when it went 6-3.
You know what other schools have one top 10 finish in the past 11 years? Cincinnati. Iowa State, Minnesota. Washington State. Houston. Iowa. Baylor. Mississippi State. Arizona. Missouri. This is who Texas keeps company with nowadays.

You know who has MORE than one top 10 finish over the past 11 years? TCU (4). Stanford (4). Michigan State (3). UCF (2). You know how many SEC teams have more than one? Seven. And that doesn’t include Oklahoma.

Texas was unranked in the final AP poll five straight seasons from 2013 to 2017. Does that sound like royalty?

But there was another long era of mediocrity before that. If you look at the 1984-2000 stretch, Texas was again just another program. Zero top 10 finishes. Ten seasons unranked. Five losing seasons.

The Longhorns have one national championship in the past 50 years. That matches the totals of BYU, Washington, Georgia Tech and Pittsburgh. No one in the Twittersphere is throwing the word "blueblood" around when talking about those programs.

Folks can say what they want about the SEC getting the Texas prestige or brand or tradition or money or footprint. What it is also getting, outside of that Mack Brown stretch, is a football team that usually isn’t all that great.
Old 07-30-2021, 12:47 PM   #2038
Chad C
Pope & Young

Sand Aggy is bent

Headed to the lake casita! Enjoy your weekend, fellas.

Last edited by Chad C; 07-30-2021 at 12:50 PM.
Old 07-30-2021, 12:50 PM   #2039
bloodtrailer28
Pope & Young

The obsession is real.

OK let's all say it together now.... DELUSIONAL. that's D-E-L-U-S-I-O-N-A-L. One more time DELUSIONAL

You may want to give that tech degree back and quit making fun of the t shirt fans.
bloodtrailer28 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-30-2021, 12:58 PM   #2040
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
Iíve seen 10-2 mentioned 1 time,

I'm dilutional. Lol

Old 07-30-2021, 12:58 PM   #2041
160class
Ten Point

Hunt In: Searching..

Quote:
That's what Jimbo is trying to do. Saban is full speed ahead. They have a stout D though. That's why they dominate. Texas hopes to duplicate with the new staff.

Yes, Sabanís offense has changed, but Bama usually has a top defense and one of the top OL in the country and are deep in the trenches on both sides of the ball
160class is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-30-2021, 12:59 PM   #2042
Fmjag64
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
Sand Aggy is bent

Headed to the lake casita! Enjoy your weekend, fellas.

Lol felt this might be a good time to share some more hard facts, again. This is precisely why everyone laughs at Texas when they try to convince each other they're so great. Last 5 years, pre-covid, in comparison to another state school in the big 3 men's sports.
Attached Images

Old 07-30-2021, 01:01 PM   #2043
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Lol felt this might be a good time to share some more hard facts, again. This is precisely why everyone laughs at Texas when they try to convince each other they're so great. Last 5 years, pre-covid, in comparison to another state school in the big 3 men's sports.
We can haz your corch.

Whey aren't y'all mad at OU? Y'all beat them at baseball and basketball wins too. Lol.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 07-30-2021 at 01:04 PM.
Old 07-30-2021, 01:02 PM   #2044
Fmjag64
Ten Point

Quote:
We can haz your corch.

Wait, haven't you heard!?!?!? Texas is Back for real this time! Hahahahaha, next....
Old 07-30-2021, 01:05 PM   #2045
Heath
Pope & Young

The frustration for the Texas fan is that article is the reality of the last 10 years. The good news is its the worse stretch in Texas Football history and Texas appears to be climbing their way out of it. The move to the SEC is another step in the process.

I have seen my team win a football National Championship, Conference Championships, Major Bowl Games, and be considered in the elite of college football. I am ready to go back to that level of play. In the end, I know my team will achieve those things again and hopefully sooner than later, but at least I know my team will.
Old 07-30-2021, 01:05 PM   #2046
squirrel
Four Point

Quote:
Texas was unranked in the final AP poll five straight seasons from 2013 to 2017. Does that sound like royalty?
Any idea where they started these seasons?

Due to what you mentioned they always come out ranked high, but then drop like a lead balloon when they play out the season. It is always impressive on how little they do, with so much, every year.
squirrel is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-30-2021, 01:06 PM   #2047
Take Dead Aim
Ten Point

Since it is offical Texas/OU to SEC. lets now discuss which team has hotter cheerleaders. We have already discussed which football team is better and worse.
Take Dead Aim is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-30-2021, 01:06 PM   #2048
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Sand aggy is really mad and scared. I get it. Relax though. We had some much better discussion going for a while.

Old 07-30-2021, 01:07 PM   #2049
Fmjag64
Ten Point

Quote:
We can haz your corch.

Whey aren't y'all mad at OU? Y'all beat them at baseball and basketball wins too. Lol.

Bc OU isnt on here acting like a bunch of jackwagons. They prove their value on the field.
Old 07-30-2021, 01:08 PM   #2050
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
Since it is offical Texas/OU to SEC. lets now discuss which team has hotter cheerleaders. We have already discussed which football team is better and worse.
TCU. Lol.

Closed Thread