Closed Thread
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 07-29-2021, 02:58 PM   #1901
c3products20
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleGribble View Post
lets just face it tu and tech are both middle of the road. The Aggies are well on the way to being a premier football team. sorry to bust your bubble sips
You didn't know that UT is coming into the SEC in 2022 and will be SEC champs then blow out their "unworthy" opponent to win the national championship?
c3products20 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2021, 03:01 PM   #1902
Adgerc15
Ten Point

Hunt In: The Big Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
Actually it morphed into a conference realignment thread with lots of things being discussed.

That and A&M isnt relevant in football due to one decent covid shortened season.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Hard time with that one. I'll be the first to admit that we got lucky with Manziel lighting it up as we made our debut in the SEC but it takes a rare talent or a great coaching staff to win games. It takes both to win consistently. Right now we have a proven coach who is panning out alright entering year 4, some of the best facilities in college football and a heap of talent that suits the A&M program and SEC play. I would argue very much that last season was not irrelevant and Aggie football is trending upward. I have high hopes for this season but by no means and I guaranteeing a CC or NC, lots of games to be played between now and then.

Now, I am excited to see a rivalry game renewed and I believe the conference realignment and the reuniting of Texas/A&M is good for college football and especially Texas High School football recruits. The battleground is there and even though it has remained a head to head these last 9 years it will be a battle for recruits every year. The gold standard is Bama and the arguments here about Texas competing and all that are silly until someone dethrones Bama. Even Clemson and OSU haven't been able to do it consistently.

I just hope the SEC doesn't screw this up and let Texas and OU go and assuming they don't I hope they get the divisions/scheduling right because A&M/Texas need to play annually.

Saddle up Aggie, its gonna be fun...quit with the ****ing matches and remember actions speak louder than words. We gotta go win some meaningful games!

ac
Adgerc15 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2021, 03:03 PM   #1903
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fmjag64 View Post
So because i and most other outsiders think UT is over rated, yall try to belittle Tech? What does Tech have to do with this convo at all? Classic deflect tactic. Tech was also top 3 or 5 on directors cup couple years ago and they operates on half the budget!! Haha like arguing with a bunch of spoiled toddlers. Tech isnt the one over inflating their importance trying to convince others they're the greatest ever so not sure yalls angle here. Still curious on over/under of actual UT degrees here. My guess 1.5, max.
Not Tech really, just you little guy.
Dale Moser is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2021, 03:04 PM   #1904
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleGribble View Post
lets just face it tu and tech are both middle of the road. The Aggies are well on the way to being a premier football team. sorry to bust your bubble sips
Been "on their way" for at least 20 years that I know of...
Old 07-29-2021, 03:31 PM   #1905
gekko man
Ten Point

Hunt In: Erath County and Llano County

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceodom View Post
enough horseplay kids... gonna get the thread whacked...
This reaction is based on the fear of a bunch of adults acting like 12 year olds fearful of the boogie man!

Knowing that this strengthens Texas’ recruiting abilities has to be concerning. According to them, Texas football is average and sucks so why so much angst is beyond my DELUSIONAL comprehension.

Besides, it’s not going to happen per the Big Money Ags!
gekko man is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2021, 03:45 PM   #1906
hoytassassin
Eight Point

Hunt In: everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharecropper View Post
No . . It didn't . . What does the directors cup have to do with CFB . . Your football team added zero value . .
so the most valuable football program in the country added zero value? Money doesn't lie
hoytassassin is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2021, 03:49 PM   #1907
lanceodom
Ten Point

Hunt In: LaSalle County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
more like on their way for at least 82 years... when was that last natty?
lanceodom is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2021, 03:50 PM   #1908
cehorn
Ten Point

Hunt In: Uvalde, TX

Quote:
Really since the Fedex years but who is counting...well except aggy who says in their lifetime and since "pick a year that fits their argument"...but aggy doesn't lie, cheat or steal or tolerate any that do so according to them the 80's and 90's don't count....
cehorn is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2021, 03:56 PM   #1909
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adgerc15 View Post
Hard time with that one. I'll be the first to admit that we got lucky with Manziel lighting it up as we made our debut in the SEC but it takes a rare talent or a great coaching staff to win games. It takes both to win consistently. Right now we have a proven coach who is panning out alright entering year 4, some of the best facilities in college football and a heap of talent that suits the A&M program and SEC play. I would argue very much that last season was not irrelevant and Aggie football is trending upward. I have high hopes for this season but by no means and I guaranteeing a CC or NC, lots of games to be played between now and then.

Now, I am excited to see a rivalry game renewed and I believe the conference realignment and the reuniting of Texas/A&M is good for college football and especially Texas High School football recruits. The battleground is there and even though it has remained a head to head these last 9 years it will be a battle for recruits every year. The gold standard is Bama and the arguments here about Texas competing and all that are silly until someone dethrones Bama. Even Clemson and OSU haven't been able to do it consistently.

I just hope the SEC doesn't screw this up and let Texas and OU go and assuming they don't I hope they get the divisions/scheduling right because A&M/Texas need to play annually.

Saddle up Aggie, its gonna be fun...quit with the ****ing matches and remember actions speak louder than words. We gotta go win some meaningful games!

ac
Excellant post, sir.

Good luck in the future.

As for last year, Texas was 7-3 with a bowl win. A 5 OT loss to OU and a loss to an Iowa State team that was pretty solid. Fumbled at the goal line because of a bone head play call against TCU. They aren"t that far off.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 07-29-2021 at 04:05 PM.
Burntorange Bowhunter is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2021, 04:02 PM   #1910
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Quote:

ac
This guy gets it.
Old 07-29-2021, 04:05 PM   #1911
lanceodom
Ten Point

Quote:
Excellant post, sir.

Good luck in the future.

Agreed. I think what will be fun will be the renewed rivalry where it is settled on the field and not the keyboards. I sure hope they make the schedule so it is a yearly occurrence and not some one off game. As Agderc15 said, its good for the state, its good for the recruits.

Rising tide raises all ships...

Last edited by lanceodom; 07-29-2021 at 04:08 PM.
Old 07-29-2021, 04:13 PM   #1912
Chad C
Pope & Young

https://twitter.com/barrettsallee/st...248485383?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Chad C is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2021, 04:20 PM   #1913
flatlander
Ten Point

Hunt In: Llano

Quote:
Originally Posted by cehorn View Post
Really since the Fedex years but who is counting...well except aggy who says in their lifetime and since "pick a year that fits their argument"...but aggy doesn't lie, cheat or steal or tolerate any that do so according to them the 80's and 90's don't count....
80's - Aggies won 7/10 - including 6 straight

90's - Aggies won 6/10 - 4 straight for Ags,

00-11 Horns went 9/12 - Mack Brown had all the pieces put together - 6 straight wins

all in from 1980 - 2011 it's 16 each, Aggie/Horn is tied up

A few years after Title 9 things evened out and the two teams mostly traded 4-6 game win streaks back and forth.

http://www.winsipedia.com/games/texas/vs/texas-am

The fact is the all time record has nothing to do with what the future will hold. When the teams meet again on the field it will be a sports-hate filled game, but the recent history record isn't as lopsided as most think.
flatlander is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2021, 04:25 PM   #1914
flatlander
Ten Point

Hunt In: Llano

Quote:
Agreed. I think what will be fun will be the renewed rivalry where it is settled on the field and not the keyboards. I sure hope they make the schedule so it is a yearly occurrence and not some one off game. As Agderc15 said, its good for the state, its good for the recruits.

Rising tide raises all ships...
These changes are all or at least mostly about $

There is now way the SEC is going to not make sure they meet up every year
flatlander is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2021, 04:31 PM   #1915
waterdog
Pope & Young

its official !
waterdog is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2021, 04:33 PM   #1916
lanceodom
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlander View Post
These changes are all or at least mostly about $

There is now way the SEC is going to not make sure they meet up every year
I think that is true. I am just hopeful we could have the game every year.
Old 07-29-2021, 04:34 PM   #1917
Heath
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Cool places with Cool people

Never thought I’d hit the follow button.

What’s up my SEC brothers! JK

Heath is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2021, 04:35 PM   #1918
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas

Official and Confirmed. The SEC has extended a membership invitation to Sooner and Horn.

Just announced on the newest horn and sooner fanboy must see tv. The Paul Finebaum show.

Third time in modern history the SEC has expanded.

BOB has also accepted the invitation to fill in for Squirrel from Bama on the Fbomb show when he is unavailable.

Last edited by Bayouboy; 07-29-2021 at 04:38 PM.
Bayouboy is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2021, 04:36 PM   #1919
rvd
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:

ac
Waaay too much logic and reason in this post to be on this thread. Good work
rvd is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2021, 04:37 PM   #1920
lanceodom
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterdog View Post
its official !
Amen!

Now we need to get that move done sooner than 2025. I am real curious to see where TCU, Tech and Baylor are going to land.

Last edited by lanceodom; 07-29-2021 at 04:40 PM.
Old 07-29-2021, 04:39 PM   #1921
Chad C
Pope & Young

Default College Football Summer Ramp Up...

“To be clear, the SEC "vote" was never not going to be unanimous. A&M put on its show in Hoover for its fans, but no one in the SEC crosses the SEC. .... or stands in the way of $$$$.”

Next domino falls tomorrow.

Last edited by Chad C; 07-29-2021 at 04:44 PM.
Old 07-29-2021, 04:45 PM   #1922
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

And, in other news.

Newest tiger. Mason Taylor. Son of Jason Taylor.

https://247sports.com/Article/Mason-...mpression=true
Old 07-29-2021, 04:46 PM   #1923
El General
Ten Point

Hunt In: Coke County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayouboy View Post
Official and Confirmed. The SEC has extended a membership invitation to Sooner and Horn.

Just announced on the newest horn and sooner fanboy must see tv. The Paul Finebaum show.

Third time in modern history the SEC has expanded.

BOB has also accepted the invitation to fill in for Squirrel from Bama on the Fbomb show when he is unavailable.
I'm gonna go ahead and keep ignoring Finebaum.
El General is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2021, 04:49 PM   #1924
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Where's Chase This. Lol.

Since it's a done deal I have to accept it. Let's get it on.

Old 07-29-2021, 04:55 PM   #1925
Rubi513
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Walker County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leef View Post
This will never happen…You made your Big12 bed, now sleep in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
I will take that bet if he doesn’t.
100 bucks it does not happen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase This! View Post
So all this talk here, and all the begging by the sips, and it’s not even happening?!
WHOOP!s
Rubi513 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2021, 05:01 PM   #1926
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by El General View Post
I'm gonna go ahead and keep ignoring Finebaum.
Sure…. Marty & McGee next
Old 07-29-2021, 05:03 PM   #1927
gekko man
Ten Point

Hunt In: Erath County and Llano County

Quote:
Where's Chase This. Lol.

Since it's a done deal I have to accept it. Let's get it on.

Drinking with D and the other BMAs!
gekko man is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2021, 05:04 PM   #1928
Heath
Pope & Young

Didn't somebody make $5000 on this deal!!!!!
Old 07-29-2021, 05:05 PM   #1929
Duane
Ten Point

Hunt In: Brady TX

I'm an Aggie and I'm looking forward to Texas and Oklahoma joining the SEC. I miss the games against both schools. Mid-week non-conference baseball doesn't fill that void.

What I'm not looking forward to is four more years of keyboard cowboys comparing stats and recruiting numbers and historical data, like any of that really matters prior to a yet to be determined Saturday (Thursday?) in the fall of 2025.

Wish you were closer.
Duane is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2021, 05:05 PM   #1930
El General
Ten Point

Quote:
Sure…. Marty & McGee next
I don't even know who that is.
Old 07-29-2021, 05:07 PM   #1931
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Jim Donnan just made a good statement. Look at Missouri’s, Nebraska’s, and ATM’s conference records since leaving the Big 12. That’s how strong the SEC and BIG are compared to the B 12.
Old 07-29-2021, 05:07 PM   #1932
Chad C
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane View Post
I'm an Aggie and I'm looking forward to Texas and Oklahoma joining the SEC. I miss the games against both schools. Mid-week non-conference baseball doesn't fill that void.

What I'm not looking forward to is four more years of keyboard cowboys comparing stats and recruiting numbers and historical data, like any of that really matters prior to a yet to be determined Saturday (Thursday?) in the fall of 2025.

Wish you were closer.

I’d bank on 2022, 2023 at the latest.

Old 07-29-2021, 05:07 PM   #1933
El General
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane View Post

Wish you were closer.
It will be next year when OU and Texas start playing in the SEC. All that 2025 stuff is to avoid legal complications.
Old 07-29-2021, 05:09 PM   #1934
Sharecropper
Ten Point

Hunt In: Backyard

Quote:
You will . .
Sharecropper is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2021, 05:10 PM   #1935
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Quote:

You will. The LHN will be defunct soon enough. SEC network will be your newest friend.
Old 07-29-2021, 05:13 PM   #1936
waterdog
Pope & Young

whats the scoop on this....the American Athletic Conference makes a run at them. According to Dennis Dodd of CBS Sports, the AAC is attempting to take all eight remaining members of the Big 12. Earlier reports stated just three to five, but a full merge of the conferences is wanted.
waterdog is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2021, 05:17 PM   #1937
lanceodom
Ten Point

Quote:
You will. The LHN will be defunct soon enough. SEC network will be your newest friend.
As a Longhorn, I found that LHN was really only good for baseball, game day pregame and occasional football pieces. My father, who has dementia, loves to watch the replay of the games though. I may have to buy him a bunch of dvd replays.... I would bet the remaining payout of LHN will help pay for the conference buyout or some agreement with ESPN? I would assume LSU would love to have $300million?
Old 07-29-2021, 05:20 PM   #1938
Laketex
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wherever I can

So is this thing happening in 2025 or sooner? I don't know how to feel about all this, honestly. Tech hasn't been competitive in football since Leach left, despite having a couple of superstar quarterbacks for a while in there. I feel like the ineptitude of the football program is the sole reason why we were left in the wake, and it's a **** shame Hocutt didn't get a coach in there to put us on the map. I'm hearing rumors of the PAC with OSU, but nothing would surprise me at this point. I've always disliked A&M more than tu, but with this and the poaching of orange judas, they might just be tied in my eyes. A game where I can truly celebrate a loss, however it goes! Hope it works out for you whorns, good riddance for tech, no matter how it falls out for us. I know the money in it drives all, but I think we'll be fine any way it goes. Interesting to see it play out, in any event.
Laketex is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2021, 05:22 PM   #1939
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Jim Donnan just made a good statement. Look at Missouri’s, Nebraska’s, and ATM’s conference records since leaving the Big 12. That’s how strong the SEC and BIG are compared to the B 12.
A&M has had two much better seasons in the SEC than they had in their last decade in the Big 12. Nebraska (and Arkansas) lost their DFW recruiting connection when they left. It killed Arkansas basketball as well.

Old 07-29-2021, 05:27 PM   #1940
James
Ten Point

Hunt In: Everywhere

Welcome to the SEC. LFG!
James is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2021, 05:27 PM   #1941
oktx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise County

I figured aggie wouldn’t vote and make it 13-0. LOL!
oktx is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2021, 05:29 PM   #1942
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Quote:
As a Longhorn, I found that LHN was really only good for baseball, game day pregame and occasional football pieces. My father, who has dementia, loves to watch the replay of the games though. I may have to buy him a bunch of dvd replays.... I would bet the remaining payout of LHN will help pay for the conference buyout or some agreement with ESPN? I would assume LSU would love to have $300million?
Of course. They could buy a new set of gumbo bowls.
Old 07-29-2021, 05:33 PM   #1943
Chad C
Pope & Young

Quote:

Texas is still owed 10 years, that’s about to come into play.

Old 07-29-2021, 05:34 PM   #1944
Heath
Pope & Young

Quote:

There’s a lot of Longhorns that believe the LHN curse is the reason for Texas mediocrity ever since it started. They are excited to see it going away and think it’s the sacrifice that needs to happen.
Old 07-29-2021, 05:35 PM   #1945
Passthrough
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by oktx View Post
I figured aggie wouldn’t vote and make it 13-0. LOL!
No more layups for y’all year after year owning a conference. But I suspect OU will do just fine!
Passthrough is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2021, 05:37 PM   #1946
Adgerc15
Ten Point

Hunt In: The Big Country

Party time!

ac
Adgerc15 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2021, 05:39 PM   #1947
Razorback01
Pope & Young

Hunt In: where my Elite takes me!

Time for two programs to put on big-boy training pants!
Razorback01 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2021, 05:40 PM   #1948
oktx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passthrough View Post
No more layups for y’all year after year owning a conference. But I suspect OU will do just fine!
Yup, I’ll admit we won’t win it every year now. Should do very well. Our staff has positioned them very well for this. It almost like they knew it was coming.
oktx is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2021, 05:43 PM   #1949
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Quote:

Look at them before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-29-2021, 05:45 PM   #1950
Chad C
Pope & Young

Quote:
Look at them before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True, not to mention Mizzou winning the East twice.

Closed Thread