2021 Workout accountability thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post

Sorry to hear you're having trouble getting some rest. I' guessing you've done a sleep study? Sounds to me like you may have been overmedicated. I'm no Dr., but I have watched Grey's Anatomy. LOL!
    Very possible!

Have done the sleep study and averaged 25 disturbances a night over a 4 night period so was easily given the green light for a Apap machine. Unfortunately I haven't made it through a whole night with it on in about 30-35 attempts. Changed mask once and probably going to have to change to something else.

I've also tried every medication in the book with no luck (including multiple off label uses).

It all started about 8-9 years ago out of no where and hasn't become any better.

Sucks but trying to work with what I got but the more I read into working out, healthier life styles, etc the more I realize how crucial, and a big part, sleep plays into things and Im SOL on that entire aspect.

Comment

Man I cant imagine having that kind of crappy sleep for so long. I hope you get it figured out soon!

Good news is I dont have the Rona.......for now. Leaving tomorrow for Lake Tahoe. I'll check back in towards the end of the month, fat and out of shape again!

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
        Very possible!

Have done the sleep study and averaged 25 disturbances a night over a 4 night period so was easily given the green light for a Apap machine. Unfortunately I haven't made it through a whole night with it on in about 30-35 attempts. Changed mask once and probably going to have to change to something else.

I've also tried every medication in the book with no luck (including multiple off label uses).

It all started about 8-9 years ago out of no where and hasn't become any better.

Sucks but trying to work with what I got but the more I read into working out, healthier life styles, etc the more I realize how crucial, and a big part, sleep plays into things and Im SOL on that entire aspect.

****. Sorry to hear that. I hope things get better for you soon!

Comment

Shoulders and legs today. I wasn't feeling it, but did it anyway.

Sled leg press/calf raises/military press
          Front squat/lateral raise/ab crunch
          Rear squat/rear delt cable pull
          Bilateral shoulder press/leg extension/ab roller

Chest and back tomorrow.

Comment

A good, strong day at the gym this morning. I love days like this! It must have been because I slept well.

Incline bench on smith machine/t-bar row
            Flat bench DB chest press/BB row inverse grip/incline situp
            Seated wide grip bilateral chest press/lat pulldown
            Low row/cable fly

No gym tomorrow. Headed to the lease to fill feeders. Have a great weekend!

Comment

Knocked out back and cardio yesterday

Hopefully legs at lunch

Comment

Today was some stairs and “push”. Did a 4 circuit rotation with a shoulder, tricep, and chest exercised (stayed 4x10 or 4x12 for all)

Switching things up to a Push-Pull-Legs-Cardio/Core-Repeat routine

Pull day will be interesting with my bicep but we shall see
                Last edited by 150class; 07-31-2021, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Woke up at 345 to go fish and was wiped out the rest of the day. No gym but I managed to sneak in a run for 3.25 miles

Pull day tomorrow

Comment

My last 3 days of the 5X5 are this week and then it's on to a different program. I haven't decided what that will be just yet. Friday's heat at the lease really wiped me out. I drank a ton of water and mixed pedialyte in several bottles, but that didn't stop the leg cramps at 3 AM. I've had leg cramps before, but I could hardly stand straight up when they hit me. It was in both legs too.

I had to come home early on Saturday due to SXS problems. I took a 2 hour nap and then another 3 hour one on Sunday. I guess I'm not the young buck I used to be!!!

Back and legs today.

T-bar row/sled leg press/calf raises
                    Bent over BB row/super squat/standing calf raise
                    Weighted pullup/Leg extension/leg raise
                    Low row/prone leg curl/ab crunch

Chest and biceps tomorrow

Comment

Chest and biceps today. It was a full house this morning in the gym, but I managed to work around most of the squatters.

Incline bench on smith machine/preacher curl
                      DB bench press/BB curl/ab roller
                      Seated wide grip bilateral chest press/hammer curl
                      Cable fly/arm blaster curls/ab crunch
                      pushups/overhead cable curls

Legs and triceps tomorrow. Fun.

Comment

Changed it up the last couple of workouts. Trying out a HIIT program.

20 minutes, do as many reps as possible of each exercise then move to the next. (Not heavy weight)
                        20 second rest after each cycle then start over.

Overhead Press
                        Front Squat
                        Bent Over BB Row
                        Push-ups
                        20 second rest
                        Repeat

Finished both days with a mile walk/jog

Comment

Yesterday was pull day. Looks like I cannot do a full rotation with my bicep issue so will try switching to low weight and high reps for the bicep exercises and see how that goes.

Today is suppose to be legs but very well could turn into a cardio day.

Comment

Made it to the gym instead of lunch.

Did legs and changed this up to more of a “hit” style that I remember seeing here recently.

5 exercises all 3.5 mins each. Do as many reps as possible rest as needed but push through as much as possible.

Started with 15mins of stairs

Leg Ext’s
                            Hack Squats
                            Leg curls
                            Leg press
                            DB dead lifts
                            15 mins of sauna

I’m absolutely fried

Comment

Today is supposed to be the final day of my month of 5X5, but I think I'll continue through to the end of the week. Today was supposed to be back and legs, but the old knees sounded like gravel and rice krispies so I did back and triceps. Feeling stronger today so I upped the weight all around. 5X5 on back movements and 5X10 on triceps. I'm now toast.

T-bar row/weighted dips
                              Bent over BB row/skull crushers
                              Wide grip row/overhead rope extension
                              Lat pulldown w/handles/cable kickback

Ill try legs and shoulders tomorrow.

Comment

Going to try a HITT push day but will see how the first set goes (aiming for lunch again)

May turn into cardio and core

Comment

Working...
                                X