How far is your land?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
    Was right off 27. Bought for 14,000 per acre and sold for 16,000 per acre five months later.

Not bad.

Just recently sold my property. Bought for $5k an acre and sold it for $12k an acre. Now just picked up 75 acres in Duval for $195k - appraised for $250k

3 hours away.

Comment

.25 hours, and we keep moving closer to it

Next house will be inside of the gate.

Comment

45 minutes for me to my place.

Comment

Right now it's 5.5 hours to Kansas. Hope when I retire it will be closer. Kansas is where it's at.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
            Unfortunately we’re in no position to purchase a large acreage tract. So I’m looking for 15-30 acres with an exemption in place. Robertson, Grimes, have gone through the roof. I’m seeing prices drop in Freestone county but none had an exemption in place.
            I gotcha. I’ll keep and eye out. When my FILs father bought the place it was 1.35 an acre. The last time we bought land it was 9k an acre. Land down the road is in the market for 18k an acre. Them aggies keep buying it

Comment

60 miles from gate to gate. Can be there in less than an hour with no stops.

Comment

Not me. Sooner or later it’s gonna come down. Unless folks keep paying through the nose for land. Looking at elks hunts now to take my son on, or possibly a red stag hunt.

Comment

I'll echo what others have said... my old lease was 2:30. The place I purchased a few years ago is 1:20. That may not seem like a huge difference, but it has been a game changer for me.... way easier to go up for an evening hunt or a a few hours of work and back home again if I don't have a full day or full weekend available.

Comment

3:15. 2:15 would be perfect. but 3:15 is good, keeps me from running out there all the time though. Probably good for my family.

Comment

Out the back door. I love to hunt, no way I'm driving hours to do what I enjoy most in life.

Comment

1.25 from driveway to gate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

3hrs 15mins door to door

Comment

9-1/2 hours. Long drive or short flight. Only make it there 6-8 times a year but it’s worth it come hunting season.

Comment

I saw a conversation on here where guys were talking about not drawing a tag. When we moved to Colorado the game warden told me I probably wouldn’t draw a buck tag for three years! I told him that was b s His response was “ this isn’t Texas Bruce. You wanna shoot a 130 every year or a 180” every three years.? I told him at my age I’ll take the 130 every year! It was crazy in Colorado.

Comment

Working...
                              X