• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dis place is awesome
    BILLEAUD'S MEAT & GROCERY
    111 E. Main Street
    Broussard, Louisiana 70518

Comment

Market Basket has several kinds, smoked and not. They have a jalapeño cheese packed kind that puts it up a notch too. The smoked in any of them is some of the best I have had.

Also, Market Basket is a small corporation based in Nederland. They have 30-40 stores and many have a smokehouse in them too. Check the meat market of their stores in Port Neches, Nederland, Port Arthur and Beaumont if any of you do not want to drive over in to LA but want great boudin. I routinely bring it to my friends near the ranch out west.

They have mostly boneless stuffed chickens in the freezer section that are a well kept secret. Only about $12 and stuffed with things like crawfish etouffee, cornbread dressing, boudin, sausage, etc.

Tim

Comment

Hmmmm....

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
          X2. My wife grew up in LC and we spent a lot of time there. Her family always bought their boudin from Market Basket (it's a grocery store.) They make it fresh every day. Every time we go I buy some to bring home.
          Used to live there myself.
          USAF. Went to Elementary school, at Maplewood elem.
          And my mother was a waitress, at Carlo's Restaurant.
          My mom, sure used to bring home, some cooking.
          I doubt, either place is even still there.
          But, I did sit through Hurricane "Carla".

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
            Thanks added this stop to our itinerary for our return from New Orleans in 2 weeks. The best boudin.... dont let me down
            When you were going east pull off to the right/south side of IH10 and get some at Billy‘s. Then do the U-turn and head back west and pull off to the right/north side and to get Best Stop. They are pretty much across the highway from each other. I think both are very good but I am a little partial to Billy’s. If somebody brought me a 10 pound pack from Best Stop, I would not turn it down.

As long as you’re going that way, get some of both I’ll see which one you like the most.

Comment

Originally posted by timoub007 View Post
              Market Basket has several kinds, smoked and not. They have a jalapeño cheese packed kind that puts it up a notch too. The smoked in any of them is some of the best I have had.

Also, Market Basket is a small corporation based in Nederland. They have 30-40 stores and many have a smokehouse in them too. Check the meat market of their stores in Port Neches, Nederland, Port Arthur and Beaumont if any of you do not want to drive over in to LA but want great boudin. I routinely bring it to my friends near the ranch out west.

They have mostly boneless stuffed chickens in the freezer section that are a well kept secret. Only about $12 and stuffed with things like crawfish etouffee, cornbread dressing, boudin, sausage, etc.

Tim
              I live about five minutes from the Nederland Market Basket. It’s not bad but I really don’t like that regular Boudain that much. I love their smoked and a jalapeño smoked however and get it there probably a couple times a week.

Comment

My buddy just brought me some back from Billys. Its really good. Wish I would have gotten more

Comment

Originally posted by wudduk View Post
                  My buddy just brought me some back from Billys. Its really good. Wish I would have gotten more

You can order from them online. I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Market Basket Vinton

Comment

Originally posted by Lsube0555 View Post
                      I’m from sulphur, just before lake Charles on your way from Texas. Honestly sounds weird but market basket. The one out on country club road has a smokehouse and they smoke it, it’s pretty dang good. Heberts meat market is pretty decent. Make a stop in sulphur and go by b&o’s theirs is pretty good as well as their cracklins if fresh are better than best stop. But for real the market basket smoked one is pretty good
                      I’m from Sulphur also and he is correct!!! Market Basket is just plain good.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsube0555 View Post
                        I’m from sulphur, just before lake Charles on your way from Texas. Honestly sounds weird but market basket. The one out on country club road has a smokehouse and they smoke it, it’s pretty dang good. Heberts meat market is pretty decent. Make a stop in sulphur and go by b&o’s theirs is pretty good as well as their cracklins if fresh are better than best stop. But for real the market basket smoked one is pretty good
                        X5, I’m from Lake Charles area as well, this is spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                          When you were going east pull off to the right/south side of IH10 and get some at Billy‘s. Then do the U-turn and head back west and pull off to the right/north side and to get Best Stop. They are pretty much across the highway from each other. I think both are very good but I am a little partial to Billy’s. If somebody brought me a 10 pound pack from Best Stop, I would not turn it down.

As long as you’re going that way, get some of both I’ll see which one you like the most.
                          I shall do that sir

Comment

Homsi's

Comment

I can only comment on 2 as that is all I have tried. I prefer Billy's much more than Herberts.

Comment

Well, ended up hitting up market place. Pretty solid and spent way to much since I had to try at least 1 of everything. Funny thing, when I was checking out the girl said I guess your from Texas. I asked why? Was it that obvious? Her reply, kinda you bought a cooler, ice and a lot of sausage/ boudin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X