Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American Airlines is a poop show right now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These early morning flights are getting canceled because they are not full. They know they have a 1/3 full plane at 9:00am and another at 11:15am. Low and behold they have 1/3 plane at 2:45. Cancel the first two and your one and only flight at 2:45 is now full. You now only spent money on one full flight instead of three 1/3 full flights. I cant blame them. They took it on the chin last year even thought they got govt handout. It sucks as a consumer but very smart if you are a business.

Comment

Wife's flight was cancelled out of Lubbock too with AA on Monday to Salt Lake. Luckily she was able to book with SWA and get to her meeting in time. Hoping she gets back!

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
        The problem is with pilots. The pilots have to have physicals because of the amount of flights and many who have taken the fake vax will not pass because of heart issues caused by the spike proteins. Some airlines are already laying off all pilots that have been vaxed such as British Airlines. Get used to it, it will get worse.
        Say what??

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
          These early morning flights are getting canceled because they are not full. They know they have a 1/3 full plane at 9:00am and another at 11:15am. Low and behold they have 1/3 plane at 2:45. Cancel the first two and your one and only flight at 2:45 is now full. You now only spent money on one full flight instead of three 1/3 full flights. I cant blame them. They took it on the chin last year even thought they got govt handout. It sucks as a consumer but very smart if you are a business.
          Yeah, I don’t think partially filled flights is really an issue now

Comment

The problem is with pilots. The pilots have to have physicals because of the amount of flights and many who have taken the fake vax will not pass because of heart issues caused by the spike proteins. Some airlines are already laying off all pilots that have been vaxed such as British Airlines. Get used to it, it will get worse.
            Yes, pilots have to have yearly physicals. The rest of your statement is inaccurate. Pilots who have been furloughed are being called back in to action as soon as they can.

Now, there is a problem that many airlines created themselves. They offered early retirement to seasoned pilots when the stuff hit the fan. Now they are short handed because the demand for pilots came back faster than they can train new pilots. That’s something they are dealing with. But it has nothing to do with the vaccine lol

Comment

Its the perfect storm figuratively and literally.

Both pilots and flight attendants are being recalled, however the spike in demand has been so extreme that there is a demand that can't be kept up with this quick. They are being recalled but that doesn't mean I call you today, you accept, then tomorrow you are working. You have time to accept the recall...not sure how long, but let's say two weeks. Now there's training...who knows how long that takes to get recertification and current on your skillset...

With that said, they are working with an extremely limited number of crew. If a hub like DFW, MIA, JFK/LGA get hit with a storm that cancels flights, those crew members are stuck at their base and aren't in the smaller cities, the grand rapids, Jackson hole, burbank, Omaha, etc and so now those folks are affected. Where we are getting hit is the crew members on reserve that are unable to assist....

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                Southwest kept changing our flights. We ended up with ****ty flight times and an extra stop on our last trip. They should compensate you for changing flights on you.
                SW did the same to us, nearly 2 mo. before our Lovefield departure, then again nearly 1 mo. out, then again IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT the same morning as our departure from Sacramento.
                No more SW for me, ever. Never had an issue with AA, will fly with them from now on.

Comment

We must have gotten lucky. We flew into key west no problem and then flew back to dallas without issues. We did have the mask nazi in keywest and on returning flight to dallas.

Comment

It would take about 30 minutes of that crap for me to be looking for flights on another airline. Never flown AA, probably never will. The only reason I have not flown them in the past, was they were always more expensive than Southwest. I have only flown on Southwest and Delta, that I can remember, the one Delta flight was pretty bad, at one point. Somebody was in a hurry, decided to take off, when they should not have.

I don't never had anything against AA, just their prices were always higher, or they did not have flights where I was going, so I have never flown them. I don't care what airline it is, I would not tolerate much of what you did, I don't care how many times previously I had flown on that companies planes, if a company pulled that stuff, I would immediately be looking for flights with some other company. They are not the only game around.

Comment

[QUOTE=Shane;15672433]Is there an airline company that isn't a crap show 24/7/365? I absolutely HATE flying. They all suck.[/QUOTE

I flew United last week with no problems and all flights were on time.

I flew United in January and would have had no problems except there was a drunk lady on my last flight of the trip that had to be removed. But that wasn't the airline's fault.

Comment

I refuse to fly during this crap for this very reason. I’ve got enough airline points to go on a couple of nice vacations, and I won’t even attempt to use them. If my old trusty 6.7 won’t get me there then I’m probably not going at this point. I hope it gets back to normal at some point, as I don’t have anything against flying in general.

Comment

Crafted and took a 6 billion dollar covid welfare bailout.

CEO was able to pay himself 10 million dollars.
                          Laid off, retired or furloughed 30,000 employees.

Blames labor shortages for failing its customers and creating supply issues.

Comment

Honestly, where do you find this information or do you dream it on your own?

Comment

I flew from hobby to Tulsa this past weekend with SW no issues and on time !

Comment

The less dealings I can have with American Airlines and AT&T the better. Those two companies wouldn't know customer service if it slapped them in the face.

Comment

Working...
                                X