Tech hiring Adams - Mens Hoops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tech hiring Adams - Mens Hoops

Looks like Tech is hiring from within by hiring Mark Adams as the next mens basketball coach. Only read good things about him as a coach and person.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Love it!

Comment

I’m behind him 100 percent. Great job by Tech getting him hired quick.

Comment

I believe that this was the right decision....so do all of our former players that have been in the system over the past 5 years. He obviously has the knowledge and skill set. It was just a matter of whether or not he connects with the players. It appears that connecting isn’t an issue at all.

McCullar announced that he is staying and supposedly Jaylon Tyson will keep his commitment with the news of this hire. At this point the only real loss is Peavy.

Comment

I like Mark and he was a priority previously when other schools were looking at him for HC jobs. He’s got “skins” on the wall with his junior college national championship.

I’ve seen lots of commentary that Mark “knows how to run Beard’s offense.” Frankly who cares. Beard’s offense never ran anyone out of the gym. The defense generally kept opponents scoring below average which allowed Tech to hang around and have a shot. That defense is Adam’s genius

Comment

I saw / read where multiple formers players were supporting him for HC. Glad to hear it's happening.

Go Tech!

Comment

Kyler Edwards announced he is staying as well.

Comment

It seems like this was the move to keep as much in place to keep the train rolling in Lubbock. I have read his recruiting staff will be the key to his hire.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                  It seems like this was the move to keep as much in place to keep the train rolling in Lubbock. I have read his recruiting staff will be the key to his hire.
                  Jeff Goodman says that about every college hoops hire it seems like. Adams can recruit and he'll get a staff in place that can as well. He's very connected and glad he's getting his shot.

Comment

Good luck to the Red Raider faithful. Y'all have great fans and deserve a winner. I'm betting Tech basketball will be just fine.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                      I’ve seen lots of commentary that Mark “knows how to run Beard’s offense.” Frankly who cares. Beard’s offense never ran anyone out of the gym. The defense generally kept opponents scoring below average which allowed Tech to hang around and have a shot. That defense is Adam’s genius
                      Yep. I’m all for a different offensive scheme. That change will be welcomed and very beneficial.

Sounds like the assistants are lining out well.

Comment

Great press conference yesterday!

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                          Great press conference yesterday!
                          I was there with approximately 2500 other people glad to have him as our new coach. Time to keep building. Wreck em!

Comment

Smart hire and the only way they were keeping him.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                              Smart hire and the only way they were keeping him.

Yep. He was either going to be our head coach or he was going elsewhere to be a head coach. He wasn’t staying an assistant anywhere other than possibly the NBA.

Comment

Working...
                              X