Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever walk away from a career

Great pay, decent benefits, insurance, EASY WORK, 5 weeks vacation ,etc

Ever walk away from one due to the politics, favoritism, general BS you see day to day?

Wanted to work another 7 years....but dang I feel like giving a two day notice...
    as in I'm dragging up TODAY !

I would find something else first but then if it is that bad get out.

Comment

Brother that is everywhere! Keep your head down do your job and get paid. Jobs are getting harder to find these days.

Comment

Suck it up and enjoy the benefits.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post

Ever walk away from one due to the politics, favoritism, general BS you see day to day?

Wanted to work another 7 years....but dang I feel like giving a two day notice...
          Going through that exact same thing right now as we speak, was actually talking to the wife last night about digging out the resume, polishing it up, and going on the hunt.

Just sick and tired of the micro management, politics, managing by camera, and just general ****ty attitude that upper management has towards the hourly employees under me and treating them like they are disposable and have no worth.

Tonight when I get home will be hitting indeed, linkdin, etc... and start hitting it hard. Leaving behind a place 10 minutes from the house, lunch at home everyday, pay is decent, and vacation basically when ever I want or need. But I am to the point I would take a 20-30K pay cut just to get out of this toxic environment. Been here 2 years now and I am over it.

So that said if anybody on here is looking for a person with 5+ years management experience in the midland/odessa/monahans ish area hit me up. Been the terminal manager at a sand plant for 1.5 years, was maintanence coordinator before that, Inventory Manager before that, then a plant manager at a compressed cylinder gas facility before that for 2.5 years. Currently managing 20 employees, and this time last year was managing 36 including 4 leads and 32 hourly.

Comment

I've thought about it but then I'm like "No, you're killin it here. Do better than everyone until they quit or screw up and get fired."

But I don't have it terribly bad either. Guarantee you if I got sick of enough peoples crap I would.
            Last edited by okrattler; 03-18-2021, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Maybe call these people out about what they are doing and why it is wrong. Maybe you can change the work environment. Not going to hurt anything especially if you are on your way out anyway.

Comment

Never leave...always be going has been my philosophy.

Make a change where you are until that new opportunity pops up.

Comment

Life is too short to spend the majority of your waking hours miserable. I left an Accounting career (extremely lucrative) to become a teacher. Was LE and Military in the past so the goal of purpose over money was strong in my blood. I work with HS students that do not want to be in school. The “hard cases”. I get paid ****.

Money buys convenience, not happiness. Leave the misery behind. Go be something else you are happy to be. You don’t want to bring misery home with you.

Comment

Not a career, but large corporations in general. Got tired of conference calls and meetings getting extended an hour so 10 levels of management could publicly *** kiss the manager right above them.

Comment

Stay where you are at and make a change. If you leave the issue will never get resolved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm guessing too young to retire. Being miserable will cause your body to break down, stress,etc. Only you can decide,but I did the stick it out till I could leave. It's a miserable feeling to get up every working day and hate going to work. I would say if close to retirement stay ,if not look for something where you enjoy going or at least not miserable.

Comment

If the work place is toxic, be the one that stands up straight, fight for what 's right and go to battle with the "powers that be" and try to change it. You might be surprised what God can do by using you as the catalyst for yourself and others.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post

7 years will seem like an eternity.

Comment

Find equivalent or better first! [emoji6] But sounds like normal corporate America [emoji631] from my experience....lol[emoji854]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X