Dewberries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dewberries

This year has been great for dewberries! I've picked 20lbs so far. I'll be making some wine and a few other things.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I'm going to need coordinates...

Comment

Oh my goodness!!!

Comment

Very cool, Jason. That's quite a haul!

Are these dewberries? Don't have good leaves to compare in my pics but the sticky stem seems about right. ... found them growing like weeds in a bunch of overgrowth around my apts retention pond. Tasted like blackberries but not as sweet. First thing that came to my mind was jam/jelly but wine sounds better! How much is needed (lb) roughly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by BlackHogDown; 04-23-2020, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boyles77 View Post
          I'm going to need coordinates...
          x 2!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
            Very cool, Jason. That's quite a haul!

Are these dewberries? Don't have good leaves to compare in my pics but the sticky stem seems about right. ... found them growing like weeds in a bunch of overgrowth around my apts retention pond. Tasted like blackberries but not as sweet. First thing that came to my mind was jam/jelly but wine sounds better! How much is needed (lb) roughly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Yep, just like blackberries but a tad smaller. Sprinkle some sugar on them, throw them in a cobbler.

Comment

Yep those are dewberries. Some are sweeter than other just depends on when you pick them. It takes 4lbs of berries to make 1 gal of wine. They do make a great cobbler!

Comment

My wife has picked about that many as well.

Comment

guess I need to check my spots tonight. Usually tons of them

Comment

Originally posted by Jason85 View Post
                    Yep those are dewberries. Some are sweeter than other just depends on when you pick them. It takes 4lbs of berries to make 1 gal of wine. They do make a great cobbler!

Very cool. I was surprised at how tasty they were. Hard to imagine the 3 i had being any better in terms of ripeness. Was literally talking to dad today about what to do with them. Thanks for posting.

Comment

I’ve got a solid 2 acres of them in my pasture. Wife and daughter picked enough to make cobbler the other day. That’s way too much work to fill a 5 gallon bucket. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                        I’ve got a solid 2 acres of them in my pasture. Wife and daughter picked enough to make cobbler the other day. That’s way too much work to fill a 5 gallon bucket. Lol
                        Brother has a bunch of them at his place. Thinking its a job for my nephew (8 yo). $5/lb?

Comment

I haven't even seen them flowering yet up here.

Comment

There is a spot on Inks lake where there are tons. Either not ripe yet or somebody is getting the ripe ones already.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                              Brother has a bunch of them at his place. Thinking its a job for my nephew (8 yo). $5/lb?
                              $5 per bucket.

Comment

Working...
                              X