Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats Baylor fans.

I hate it.

Beard better be working his tail off to get to that level. The good thing is he knows the expectations. I just received this a few minutes ago, so they know.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Beard Letter.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	24648907

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
      Baylor played lights out. Texas Tech is now the only Power 5 school in Texas to not have a National Championship in any of the 3 major (Men’s) sports. Congrats Baylor peeps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Lol Tech is doing just fine. Capital One Cup standings keep up with all sports programs collectively and gives points based on performance (winning). 2019 was the last year of full sports without covid. #trollon

Attached Files
      Last edited by Fmjag64; 04-06-2021, 08:35 AM.

Comment

I hear ya, National Titles are hard to come by and (speaking of Beard) those standings were thanks to the 36 points they received from Beards squad making the final. I guess it's a good way for some schools to win a little extra cash. Stanford, dominates those standings every year. Including the Directors cup.

This is Pre-Rona, No?

Tech's biggest mistake was pushing Leach out. There's no telling what that fella may have done.

Attached shows the institutions that dominate the Directors Cup. For what it's worth. lol
        Last edited by Chad C; 04-06-2021, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
          Lol Tech is doing just fine. Capital One Cup standings keep up with all sports programs collectively and gives points based on performance (winning). 2019 was the last year of full sports without covid. #trollon

https://www.capitalonecup.com/docs/2...eStandings.pdf
          That may be the dumbest list I've seen since first Tuesday in November.

Comment

I mean if you're not familiar, maybe you dont watch enough college sports. ESPN promotes the hell out of it. How else do you keep up with athletic program rankings as a whole?

Was refreshing to read a good article by a UT writer that wasn't a homer like most the tshirt fans on here. I mean yall act like UT actually wins stuff.... . I'll stop stoking the fire now.

Last edited by Fmjag64; 04-06-2021, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Wescott is the Skip Bayless of Texas Sports. He is a shock jock that everyone hates because of the bit he plays.

Comment

I mean if you're not familiar, maybe you dont watch enough college sports. ESPN promotes the hell out of it. How else do you keep up with athletic program rankings as a whole?

Was refreshing to read a good article by a UT writer that wasn't a troll like most the tshirt fans on here. I mean yall act like UT actually wins stuff.... . I'll stop stoking the fire now.

https://www.burntorangenation.com/20...BL22U-wO_JWHFo
                I don't keep up with "athletic program rankings as a whole", because it's a pointless, and irrelevant stat. If that is your measure of a program, then aggy is the trash that....checks notes....Northern Arizona took out.

Akron, Long Beach State, and Kennesaw...I don't watch enough college sports, apparently...and I'm not gonna.

You're stoking the fire with ice cubes, bud.

Comment

Wescott is a trip. Welcome to his "Schtick". lol

ESPN also has their own recruit rankings that very few follow outside of them being added to the 247 composite values. If that is something you ant to hang a banner on, by all means. Do.

You're a trip as well, I don't think you've ruffled anyone's feathers. But, you sure like to peacock.

On another note, it appears Beard is hiring current HC's to his staff.
                  Last edited by Chad C; 04-06-2021, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Haha I mean yeah, dumb me, right? Who actually keeps up with those things called "wins"..... Yall are oblivious.

Comment

Haha I mean yeah, dumb me, right? Who actually keeps up with those things called "wins"..... Yall are oblivious.
                      That's why Beard was hired, to win. I'd suggest that those CUP's are something you hang your hat on when it is out of the norm or you're Stanford. lol

Conference titles and National Championships are all that really matter.
                      Last edited by Chad C; 04-06-2021, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Without looking, what irrelevant sport has Virginia been dominating lately?

"Oblivious"... The irony is too much!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          Without looking, what irrelevant sport has Virginia been dominating lately?

"Oblivious"... The irony is too much!
                          Well...I looked...

Virginia 2019
                          Football
                          won 9 games, Won Division, Went to Orange Bowl

Basketball 2019
                          Won Conference, Won National Championship

Mens Soccer 2019
                          Won ACC Conference, Lost in National Championship, National Runner Up

Mens Lacrosse 2019
                          National Champions

Mens Wrestling
                          National Runner Up

And several more but i got tired of typing.

#oblivious FMJag64 Out!
                          Last edited by Fmjag64; 04-06-2021, 12:28 PM.

Comment

#oblivious FMJag64 Out!

Promise?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Promise?

Did he run that one in on a walkie talkie? Out![emoji6]

Comment

Virginia added 2 National Titles to their trophy case with one being in the Big 3. Not too shabby.

Tech lost to Virginia in the Men's Basketball final 36 points (Coach is now at Texas)
                                Won their 2nd National Title (in the history of the school) in any sport (T&F) 20 points
                                Made a decent run in Omaha 18 points

Tech had 79 total points of which 74 came from these three programs. Blind Hog will find a nut every once in a while. Congrats on a good season in those three sports. That doesn't say much for the entire athletic program.
                                Last edited by Chad C; 04-06-2021, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X