Guess I'll Admit to Getting Old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got an envelope in the mail today offering me multiple discounts on things I use regularly so I went ahead and signed up. Thought it was going to be a much longer time before I signed up for AARP![emoji2960][emoji2960] Won't be much longer and I'll be a card carrying member of the GOFs!.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I started getting them in the mail when I turned 50. My wife makes sure she brings them to my attention since she is a few years younger.

Comment

Funny thing is that my wife is younger than I am by about 3 years. I am 45 on the verge of 46 on May 12 and she has been receiving AARP propaganda for a couple years.

Comment

Welcome to the club, now start rehearsing our favorite saying “Get off my lawn!”

Also, might as well start rehearsing our second favorite. “Now where did I set that down?”

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
          Welcome to the club, now start rehearsing our favorite saying “Get off my lawn!”

Also, might as well start rehearsing our second favorite. “Now where did I set that down?”
          I'm already fluent in the 2nd one.[emoji1787][emoji1787]

Comment

Originally posted by Grndchecker View Post
            I started getting them in the mail when I turned 50. My wife makes sure she brings them to my attention since she is a few years younger.
            Mine does too, she's 11 years younger than me and likes to remind me of that all the time.

Comment

Nice discounts at various restaurants.

Comment

Wait till you start getting burial policies. Starts around 60.

Comment

AARP is fine if you’re a liberal. If you’re conservative, not so much....

Comment

Now you can let AARP count you as one of those members that support, by your actual money, gun control advocacy, liberal policies, and more taxes. Congrats...but hey, you get restaurant discounts now...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Goat1 View Post
                      Wait till you start getting burial policies. Starts around 60.

Got two last week. I just hand them to my kids. If they want me buried, that’s on them.

Comment

In my fifties and will never join aarp. They are a huge supporter of and contributor to the demoncratic party.

Comment

I’m 45 and get that crap almost everyday

Comment

Nope, not me. Uh, uh. Nope, no way. I don’t care what they offer in the way of discounts and benefits, joining a membership club for the Octogenarian Jet Set is a slippery slope and the only direction is downward.

Once you start carrying that card in your wallet, all sorts of bad things start to happen. It starts with your eyesight (this always seems to be the first thing that goes), and, all of a sudden, it seems you can’t go ten miles before you have to stop for the restroom. Again. Then there’s that awkward moment when you look in the mirror and wonder where those wrinkles on your knees came from. And that equally awkward moment when you realize it happens each time you take your bra off at the end of the day.

And it only gets worse. Next thing you know, your joints start aching, your hips and knees need to be replaced, and then...BOOM!...you can’t even remember the last time you engaged in “extra-friendly relations”.... not because you didn’t (or couldn’t), but because you just can’t remember!

So, no, just no. No matter what they offer, don’t do it!
                            Last edited by ThisLadyHunts; 03-02-2021, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Amac!

Comment

Working...
                              X