Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You needed a camera on your trap to see what happened

Comment

I am going to bet a coon or fox dug you up. If those traps moved any under their feet they went to digging. Make sure they are rock solid when bedding them.

Comment

Dynasty, that might be my last resort. What, like in an all metal dog crate?

Lots of coons and skunks in the area. No fox. Going to hit them hard in the coming days to try to remove that variable.

I did move a camera to one of them. Need to move some more cameras.

Will working on my bedding more firm.

Comment

Your trap looks very shinny. Traps need to be boiled and dyed. New traps are covered in oil usually. Coyotes are are super sensitive with smell. Most likely a coon dug up and exposed plate. Wear gloves for Coyote sets. Be as careful as u can with human scent. Presentation tion is very important. Also if u have the means to hire a helicopter for a couple hrs it is so worth the coin& fun thinning them down that way as well. Good luck.

Comment

Good Luck. Traps are most efficient. Lots of good videos on the topic available that I learned the hard way. It really is a full time job that never ends as part of your overall management.

Comment

Originally posted by toledo View Post
              Trying to get a visual on this one. Can you explain it better?
              You drill a hole in a tree or log then drive screws or nails in at an angle forming a funnel. Put something shiny or bait in the hole. A coon will reach in and grab what's in there but he will not turn it loose effectively trapping his hand. All he's got to do is turn loose but he won't

Comment

There is guy in Kansas that hunts coyotes and jack rabbits with eagles. He's got a golden eagle and an African crowned eagle. Dig it up on youtube, it's pretty cool.

Comment

I had a trapper come in last year and it made a huge difference in the fawn crop
                  We do know how to trap them but we don’t have time to check them regularly.
                  We use foot holds and scents for bait. Coyote,fox bobcat p.
                  Coons n possum will go to scents too and you will usually catch them first.
                  My trapper uses footholds and snares.
                  We never used snares because we were afraid of catching deer.

Comment

Working...
                  X