Warm hunting clothes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warm hunting clothes

Looking for recs for the best warmest cold gear. I mostly hunt trees. Tired of being cold. I have some scentlock just bought some sale Treezyn stuff. I layer pretty well. Merino base or UA cold gear. Lined pants, same with tops. Usually UA cold gear then long sleeve fleece then hoodie or jacket. At this point money isn’t an issue. Is Sitka worth the money? Thanks for the help

Wait a week...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've got a closet full of stuff and nothings warmer than my down jacket.

Comment

Starting with next to skin you go merino, down, then wind blocker in that order. That will cover the coldest it’s goes down here

Comment

Lose fit layered clothing and boots. If it is really cold i will carry my insulated bibs or a blanket to keep over my legs.

Comment

My only recommendation is to not challenge yourself to see how few clothes you can get by with on a ladder stand. Saturday morning was brutal...

Comment

How about well placed hot hands.......works every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                My only recommendation is to not challenge yourself to see how few clothes you can get by with on a ladder stand. Saturday morning was brutal...
                Yes. I froze Saturday morning. 25 deg and damp.

Comment

I've run through UA, Black Ovis, First Lite, Polartec, Tru-Spec, etc.

First Lite Furnace merino for base layer, some flavor of mid-layer if necessary, and a windproof outershell. ECWCS parka with a zip-in fleece if it's miserably cold/raining/snowing and is a less expensive alternative to a lot of the big dollar brand name outer layers (Sitka, FL, etc).

Comment

Have you considered hunting from a ground blind?

I've brought a sleeping bag and climbed in it. Worked well and was lighter than carrying a Mr Buddy Heater

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                      I've got a closet full of stuff and nothings warmer than my down jacket.
                      There ya go. Companies can claim whatever they want about their synthetic fills but nothing beats a heavy down jacket. Long johns, shirt, hoodie, down jacket. Has never let me down, but if it ever gets Iowa cold, I'm staying home.

Comment

I had 4 layers of FL on Saturday morning Sitting in a tripod
                        In central Texas.
                        Follow a system and it works.
                        ....Of course my toes didn’t have 4 layers on!

Comment

You get what you pay for. I run base layer UA then Sitka. Kelvin lite jacket, regular pants, Hudson bibs, stormfront for wind/rain, waterfowl gloves, and wool socks with insulated boots. Good neck gaiter/top and I’m good.

Comment

Originally posted by txtimetravler View Post
                            I had 4 layers of FL on Saturday morning Sitting in a tripod
                            In central Texas.
                            Follow a system and it works.
                            ....Of course my toes didn’t have 4 layers on!

Them toes used to be what got to me. Then I found out about neoprene fishing socks. Those things work great to keep feet warm in very cold weather.

Comment

Sitka. I’m currently sitting in 26* by the river and with the fanatic line, I’m good to go. I have the neck gator and beanie, good socks and insulated boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X