Best light for a hardhat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best light for a hardhat

Those of you that wear a hardhat on the job and work at night what is the best light to attach to them you’ve found? I’ve tried several from Walmart and Academy but all have given me issues. Some eats up batteries like crazy, some the elastic band won’t stay around the back of the hardhat and keeps slipping off and some just arn’t that bright enough. Looking to see what others use.

Klein makes a hard hat that has a clip on light.

Comment

buy the light of you choice and take the strap off it. buy a goggle keeper and attach it the way you would the goggles. have had mine this way for years and lots off drops
      Attached Files

Comment

Night stick head lamps they have a rubber band that is pretty firm strictly what I use when I’m on nights and the quality is best.

Comment

I’ve actually had really good luck with the Coast brand of headlights from
          Home Depot. I kept looking to buy something higher end, but these have held up and reasonable on batteries and super cheap. 20 bucks for a 2 pack. Depending on hard hat style you may have to ring something up to get them to stay put.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pelican makes a number of good hard hat lights and holders for hard hats.

Comment

I would think you could go to one of the industrial safety stores and find what you need. As mentioned pelican makes good products and they last. Depending on your work location does it have to be intrinsically safe?

Comment

I wore Eveready head lamps for years. Great battery life, has white, red and green LED bulbs. Used them for hunting too. Light was adjustable for angle and the elastic strap kept its elasticity.

Comment

I dont recall the brand, but if it has a strap that sits around the dome of the hat look for one that’s rubber not the stretchy nylon ones.

Comment

I like the Pelican 2720. They come with an optional rubber strap that make it grip the hard hat way better than the elastic.

Comment

Night stick head lamps are the best for a hard hat

Comment

Rubber strap works better on a hard hat . We used streamlights for years . Company just made the swap to pelicans . They are very adjustable and a lot brighter .

Comment

Nite Stick makes some really good hard hat lights

Comment

Thanks everyone. Looks like I have a lot of options to look into.

Comment

Check out Milwaukee’s option as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X