Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

filmed hunts

Connor Here,

I recently started filming hunts for social media and I can honestly say it has added a whole new relm of awesome to hunting! to be able to capture so much of the hunt and as much of the hunt as possible, then to compile it all into a video just makes it so rewarding to see. We have 3 more big hunts already lined up for this year so looking forward to cranking out videos

Just figured I'd share to see if anyone has any tips or tricks they use!

Thats awesome! I have been wanting to get into a lot more than I already do..

Comment

I'll be bringing my cameras to CO in 2 weeks to ATTEMPT to film my elk hunt this year.
      First time attempting such a feat.

Comment

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
        Thats awesome! I have been wanting to get into a lot more than I already do..
        Man I just told myself I wanted to because I love watching all the hunts on Youtube or like the Outdoor Channel. Getting started is kind of pricey with having to get filming equipment. but its a blast!

Comment

Originally posted by MRWHITE87 View Post
          I'll be bringing my cameras to CO in 2 weeks to ATTEMPT to film my elk hunt this year.
          First time attempting such a feat.
          What kind of cameras you using? and are you wanting to post it anywhere?

Comment

Good luck! While videoing our hunts for TV is part of what we do, I must admit that I am not a fan of waging a camera and shooting "cut aways" and other shots that make for smooth transitions. This really slows a hunt down and that is why when I am just hunting with friends and family, rarely carry a camera as it is somewhat personal.
            After shooting video for 8 different "how to" projects and 10 years of TV, I am going to slow down. I am 67 and beginning to look like the old man that I am.
            I will say that when I started, we were shooting on 3/4 inch tape, lugging a 20 pound deck and a 10 pound camera. The cameras today are great, lightweight and fairly rugged.
            Adios,
            Gary

Comment

I started filming my hunting and fishing adventures last September. I’ve enjoyed every bit of it especially the adventures that not a lot of people have done before. One to have those memories saved with my family and friends and cause I always get asked to see a million pictures and stories, and now I can say well here ya go you can see all of it.

I started with my iPhone and filmed 2 hunts with it, they came out fairly decent but it’s tough self filming with zero help and only a phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
                Good luck! While videoing our hunts for TV is part of what we do, I must admit that I am not a fan of waging a camera and shooting "cut aways" and other shots that make for smooth transitions. This really slows a hunt down and that is why when I am just hunting with friends and family, rarely carry a camera as it is somewhat personal.
                After shooting video for 8 different "how to" projects and 10 years of TV, I am going to slow down. I am 67 and beginning to look like the old man that I am.
                I will say that when I started, we were shooting on 3/4 inch tape, lugging a 20 pound deck and a 10 pound camera. The cameras today are great, lightweight and fairly rugged.
                Adios,
                Gary
                This is completely understandable!!! It sounds like you have had quite a fun ride!!!! I bet its awesome to see where the filming began and to where it is now. Very cool stuff.

BTW, if you have any cameras you are willing to part with on the cheap for a broke guy with 3 kids, I'm your Huckleberry!!!

Comment

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
                  This is completely understandable!!! It sounds like you have had quite a fun ride!!!! I bet its awesome to see where the filming began and to where it is now. Very cool stuff.

BTW, if you have any cameras you are willing to part with on the cheap for a broke guy with 3 kids, I'm your Huckleberry!!!
                  I have been sending the last ones to the Navajo Nation as I have a young man that shoots video for us out there. When he is through with them, they are generally in pieces...
                  Yes, it is amazing to see how far electronics have changed in my lifetime. I have some of the old 16MM cameras from the early 60's that the Burnham Brothers used to film a couple of TV shows with Roy Rogers.
                  Adios,
                  Gary

Comment

Working...
                  X