Winner's Choice bow strings SUCK!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winner's Choice bow strings SUCK!!

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up before season starts. Do not buy this brand of bow string. 1st set had issues with the end loops, contacted them and they sent me a new set. 2nd set did the same thing and then some. End loops started fraying again, serving all of a sudden broke and the string at peep sight started fraying. This string has less that 200 shots on it. I didn't even want to deal with their crap quality so I ordered some new 60X strings and will be putting them on next week. Don't make the mistake I made! Get quality strings.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

We used to sell and install a lot of Winners Choice strings back years ago when i worked for (what at the time was) Barkley's Home and Ranch-Archery in Boerne. They were great quality 15 yrs ago but have heard there are better brands now. Just had Vapor Trail put on my Mathews Reezen and I love them!

Comment

Originally posted by forced-2-work View Post
      Just wanted to give everyone a heads up before season starts. Do not buy this brand of bow string. 1st set had issues with the end loops, contacted them and they sent me a new set. 2nd set did the same thing and then some. End loops started fraying again, serving all of a sudden broke and the string at peep sight started fraying. This string has less that 200 shots on it. I didn't even want to deal with their crap quality so I ordered some new 60X strings and will be putting them on next week. Don't make the mistake I made! Get quality strings.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

60X is all I use. They are great. Have had a few of them on different bows.

Comment

I put Them on a bow in 05, and they were awesome. Thanks for letting everyone know about their decline in quality.

Comment

Yeah they aren’t what they used to be. When they went full on mass production and started being used on a bow lines like Elite the quality went down hill quick. Lucky for us there are tons of reputable builders out there doing high quality work. I’m a 60x guy myself but there are several other companies doing great threads as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I believe winners choice is what came on bear bows back around 07-08. I had a lights out, and a done deal and my dad had a truth 2 and we never had issues with the stock strings back then.

Comment

I've been using them for the past 12 years and had zero issues.

Comment

Breathn strings and never look back

Comment

Did my first bow compound bow string change with 60x strings recently. I’ve been happy with the durability so far.

Comment

im running them right now.. No issues so far.. That said I have had a few issues in the past.. Seems to me all the string companies suck now.. Same thing happens.. They are small and make bad *** strings.. Everyone hears about it.. They get too busy to complete orders and the quality goes down hill.. Happens every time..

Comment

Another vote for 60X.

Comment

My last few strings have been 60X. Great strings!

Comment

Glad I went with 60x a month ago...

Comment

Thus the reason I learned to make my own 25+yrs ago lol.

Comment

Working...
                            X