Lake Ouachita Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Ouachita Trip

Me and the wife are planning a vacation trip to Lake Ouachita at the end of September and will be booking a Striper guide for at least one day. What area would be the best for renting a cabin on or around the lake with the fishing trip in mind. Plus any tips or advice about vacationing in that area. Never been there before. Thanks for any help.

Following

Comment

Beautiful Lake...………………..

Comment

Look around Brady Mountain.

Comment

Lake ouachita state park is nice and has nice cabins. Wife and I were just there and it was beautiful. Take a kayak

Comment

We love the Mount Harbour area.

Comment

Love the lake. One of my favorites. I’ve only bass fished there twice but it was yrs ago. I’m planning a striper trip there next spring. Im in on this.

Comment

No help to the o.p. other than take a kayak and explore the islands. We camp on the different islands every year

Comment

Originally posted by brymor31 View Post
                  We love the Mount Harbour area.

This ^^^ my cousins had a place in there for years...,it’s nice and laid back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Just got back from a family vacation there. Had a blast. We rented a houseboat from dream chaser which is next to mountain harbor. Good experience and beautiful lake.

Comment

Pretty lake but tough fishing this time of year, invest in some lucky craft sammies.

Comment

While I cannot vouch for this guy, a friend's family member went a year or so ago and had a nice time.

Comment

probably my favorite lake, I used to live close. Most of the time its clear water, the terrain around is very hilly to mountainous so much of the lake is pretty deep. Never striper fished there but most other species are plentiful. Its a BIG lake and you can get lost, many of the coves look alike.
                            Has been a long time since for me but the end by the dam is usually crowded, the other end is more remote and harder to get to.
                            Good luck.
                            Last edited by tdwinklr; 07-28-2020, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Go into Hot Springs. A lot of history there, especially about the mob. Unfortunately for you, the horses don't run while you're there. Lake Ouachita is a gem.

Comment

Working...
                              X