No announcement yet.

Blind Tower - Safety Issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it makes you nervous then I’ll take it off your hands. Ain’t skeert!

Comment

I wouldn't' trust it. Build your own out of angle iron. You could flatten the ends of the main 1 1/2" legs and bolt, not wire it to the angle iron legs for cross braces.

Comment

That is the 10' tower that comes with the Blynd. Yours is missing the ladder.

I have one and have no problems with its stability. Granted, I staked all four corners down with t-post. I was sitting in it this season in what had to be 30mph wind and felt very stable, took video of it.
        Attached Files

Comment

That tower is designed to only hold the weight of a plastic Blynd+whatever they factored for the weight of the hunters using it. If you go back with something equally as light I don't see an issue. But, if you start building a heavy wood or steel blind to go on it, that could create issues.

Comment

I'd use it unless you are a fat man.

Comment

I would put a platform on top and a popup.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                You could also just use the frame as a ground-blind; put on a roof and skin some walls instead of adding a platform/elevated blind. With how the legs are angled, I'd flip it upside down and have a wider top as opposed to floor.
                I have seen this done. Flip an old tower frame upside down then trim the legs a bit. Anchor it then skin it and add a roof and you have a ground blind you can shoot from while standing.

Comment

Sheet of plywood and anchor down a pop up. Good to go!

Comment

Working...
                  X