No announcement yet.

30.06 round for Nilgai ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont know if you are interested, but I have some Remington Core-Lokt 220 grain .30-06 rounds that I was given by a customer that we moved one summer. I dont know that I will ever shoot them, so if you are interested, let me know and I will send them to you.

Comment

Any ideas on what's causing the ammo shortage? I get the "panic run" on pistol and AR stuff, but you cant find hunting ammo anywhere. Doesn't make sense.

Comment

Guess I found the answer..still seems odd that the hunting calibers are going like that.

Gun and ammo makers can barely keep up with demand but they're staying cautious ahead of the election and not raising production capacity based on painful experience.

Comment

Originally posted by JackRyan View Post
          I would second the Nosler Partition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          3rd

Comment

I used the green/yellow box core-loct and killed my last bull just as dead as more expensive rounds. Some will agree, some won’t, but a high neck shot or throat patch will dump them in their tracks. If you shoot middle/low neck you better just keep shooting. Yes, their hide is tough, bones are dense, but if you are confident in your shot and have a steady rest there is no need to avoid the upper neck. My favorite shot on them is hands down a quartering to/frontal.

Comment

I agree on shot placement. Break the front wheels. In the front shoulder and break opposite. High and keep the follow up coming until you can’t

Comment

To much meat in the neck without hitting bones. Blow them shoulders out

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                  To much meat in the neck without hitting bones. Blow them shoulders out

I can do that!

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                    I agree on shot placement. Break the front wheels. In the front shoulder and break opposite. High and keep the follow up coming until you can’t
                    Shooting a right handed rifle left handed, I'll follow up fast as I can.

Comment

Nosler partitions

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
                        I would look at the Barnes ttsx. I think I’m the 30-06 it is a 168 grain factory load. It’s a tough bullet that penetrates well. Really shines on big, tough animals. I shoot the 180 grain ttsx out of my 300 wsm. It’s a hammer!
                        I ended up getting a box...of 20. Looks to be a good round. Cost with shipping over 50.00

Hope I can sight it in under 10 rounds.

I can find ballistics, but does any one know what the drop is from 100 to 200.

Comment

Barnes all day...

Comment

Whatever you shoot be prepared to shoot it twice maybe three times, Nilgai can suck up a bullet and keep on trucking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What do ya'll think of Norma Oryx rounds?

Comment

Back when they were still together, Double Shot Outfitters were sponsored and killed plenty with that bullet.

Out of a 300 Win Mag I believe.

Comment

Working...
                                X