Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SlickTrick Mag

Comment

I got a couple boxes of the Rage Xtreme and the Rage Chisel tips while they were on sale on Midway. Has anyone had any experience with them?

Comment

Old school rage 2 blade
        Attached Files

Comment

Either a GrizzTrick or a 2 blade Rage.

Comment

Rage Hypo
            Slick Trick Mag
            G5 Havocs(probably my favorite)

I used to use Montecs but Im not really impressed with them. Always found my deer but blood trails werent great.

Im gonna take a close look at those Grim Reaper’s above.

I like broadheads. A lot. Maybe too much. It seems that I try a different head every year.

Comment

QAD Exodus 125 grain with the swept blades is my go to but I also shot the Grim Reaper micro hybrids last year and will keep them in the mix.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Comment

Mostly G5 strikers.

Comment

This year I'm going to go with Ramcat Originals and Slick Trick Vipers, both in 125 gr But Ive shot a bunch over the past 3 years:

Tried and true - Grim Reaper 1-3/8" to 1-3/4" mechanicals. Nothing has gone more than 40 yds with these heads and good to great bloodtrails.

Rage Hypo's and Trypans - big cuts, fly well, everything hit where you're supposed to has been dead within 20-100 yds. However, for ME, bloodtrails were awful....like the 2 blade cut held together while they were on the run, with only tiny tiny drops. Huge pools of blood where the deer were at.

Ramcats - Shot both the originals and the Diamondback. Originals are mean. Killed quite a few WT with them, massive bloodtrails and fly pretty good to 40 yds....havent shot them past that. Only tick with them is that the blades on the originals are usually junked after a shot (if that matters to you, I usually replace them anyways), and the Diamondback's are crazy noisy in flight for a more traditional fixed blade.

Magnus Stingers - I hated these. Really, Really Really hard to BH tune...they seem to like to plane and catch wind with that big blade. Could never get them to group consistently. Wanted to like them but couldnt. Shot both the true 2-blade and the version with bleeders.

Slick Trick Vipers - My favorite for fixed blade. Shot my elk last year with the Vipertricks...great bloodtrail, fly very straight (I didnt have to BH tune my bow at all) and they are pretty quiet.

Also, over the past 5 years of bowhunting, what I've really come to learn is that most BH's work pretty well...but going to heavier arrow with more KE/momentum has really helped out on the "marginal" shots and produced way more pass thru's and a much quieter bow also.

Comment

magnus black hornet 4 blade is getting the nod this year. I've always shot Rages but want to try a fixed blade.

Comment

Rage Trypans for me

Comment

Kudupoint and Cutthroats

Comment

Wasp boss 4 blades
                          Shuttle T locks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

200gr Cutthroat single bevels

Comment

Working...