Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody else purposely live in their own little world?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
    Facebook and the like is for 13 year old girls that need validation, and apparently you missed my post operation status update.

Hahahaha I got ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Me!
      We ditched tv almost 10 years ago. That’s right, no news, no sports, no nothing. Im just now 40 and have 2 young children. I don’t miss a single thing about being aware of what’s going on in the world. The way I perceive people is based on my interaction with them, not based on what the tv or social media is saying. I’ve found that I’m much more gentle and kind with others as a result. I cannot encourage dropping tv from your household enough. It’s been a life changing decision for me.

Comment

I deleted all social media a few years ago.
        Got rid of cable a few months ago.
        I watch YouTube videos for entertainment.

Comment

I did the same thing. Got rid of FB and my life is so much happier! Maybe it's head in the sand mentality but I do not feel the world is ending anymore because I'm not reading all this liberal BS on facebook anymore. Life is so much better.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
            The more polar opposite people get the less they listen to reason. That just makes every conversation more loud with more passion. You can blame the "7" or you can blame society for degrading. IMO social media helped the degrade a lot.

This. People put their heads in the sand and basically sit back and let liberals slowly win over time. Sure it's a lot easier to sit back and hope others take care of the problems but how's that working out?

BTW - I know the world is ending because my wife talked about deleting FB off her phone

Also people better plug the crap back in, open their eyes and if nothing else get out and vote this November.
            Every bit of that is solid.
            People gripe about political stuff but then gripe about politicians stealing their money...pretty funny.

Comment

Originally posted by 67olds442 View Post
              I do listen to 1310 the ticket on occasion as well.
              I was pretty much a P1 for years but I've pretty much given up on them. They're getting way to left leaning these days. I rarely listen anymore.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                I was pretty much a P1 for years but I've pretty much given up on them. They're getting way to left leaning these days. I rarely listen anymore.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
                True story

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                  TBH is no different than Facebook anymore, the Magnificent 7 from the political forum dominates this place for 12-14 hours a day now.

Sad to see this place go this route, there are a lot of good people that dont post much anymore. Whenever I talk or text with other TBH members, we talk about how bad the politics and attitudes have taken over. Maybe its just a cycle and will get better again.
                  Agree. I frequent a financial forum that doesn't allow politics. So much less BS to wade through.

Comment

Go to Blaze TV on the YouTube and watch the videos they have of Phil Robertson in Quarantine

Change your perspective real quick.

Comment

You’ll have to scroll through to find them but they are mucho good.

Comment

You hit the nail on the head. I do research on candidates when it comes time to vote and that’s about it for getting into politics online.
                        I honestly just got tired of the constant negativity.

Comment

yup. quit social media (except this here GS) on new years eve of 2018. Couldn't be happier about it. I'm not as in the know as I used to be, but SOMETIMES ignorance is bliss. I don't care what everyone else is doing or eating. I have a wife, two sons and a business that need my attention far more than that dang ol social justice screen.

Comment

Left all social media except here 14 years ago. best decision ever.

Comment

Does anybody else purposely live in their own little world?

I don’t have FB, Twitter, IG or any of the other social media platforms.

I visit about 3 online forums what I’d call regularly, do a lot more reading than posting anymore. I do use YouTube for research but still try to limit that as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X