Grandsons deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grandsons deer

I have a grandson who just turned 14. Opening weekend he was still 13. I bought him a compound bow 4 years ago and no matter how much we practiced he just couldn't get the hang of it. After 2 years of practice and no getting better I broke down and bought him a crossbow because I love hunting with him and wanted more time in the stand with him. Opening weekend about 7:30 a doe came in at 18 yards, so I whispered "When she stops take her". I thought he had waited too long because she stopped and looked right at us for about 15 seconds before he shot. Hit her perfect. I heard the loud whop of lung shot and blood was flying as she ran off through the woods. We were high fiving and fist bumping and all smiles. I told him to reload incase another comes out. He reloaded and we got set but we still had some almost quiet celebrating to do. We were still fist pumping when a spike snuck in on us. He walked to 6 yards and Cyler sent a bolt through him and he fell in sight. More high fives, hugs and fist pumps. We didn't see anything Saturday night. Went back Sunday morning and all we saw was 3 racoons. At about 20 yards he sent a bolt through the biggest ones heart. I so much wanted him hunting with a bow that I thought about not getting him a crossbow, but so glad I decided I would rather have him hunting with any legal weapon instead of me missing out on hunting with him. I haven't seen anything at my feeder since he shot his but I am OK with that because we will always have these memories.

Pics

I don't know how to post pics so if anyone could help me I would send them to you to post for me. Thanks

Comment

The memories matter more than the weapon...
      Sounds like memories that will long out last you and that's awesome

Comment

If.you want to text the pics

Comment

Awesome, I can only imagine how fun that hunt had to be for you.

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk

Comment

Much thanks Flywise

Comment

Yes sir

Comment

Congrats to your grandson

Comment

Congrats to the young man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations. He’ll have quite the story and some great memories after a weekend like that!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations to your grandson! Y'all made some memories he will never forget.

Comment

Congrats to you both!

Comment

Thats good stuff!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Way to go young man!

Comment

Working...
                              X