Anybody on here make their own liquor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody on here make their own liquor?

Buddy of mine got a still for Christmas from his wife. Complete kit with all the stuff he needs to do his first batch. He's pretty excited as you can imagine. He's a vodka connoisseur and an engineer so I'm sure he will be taking this very seriously.

Anybody on here make their own?

If you come to a Bownanza you would know who does and be able to sample them all

Comment

Just wine here

Comment

Side note, distilling alcohol in the US is illegal w/o a license/tax from the gooberment.

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
          Side note, distilling alcohol in the US is illegal w/o a license/tax from the gooberment.
          This^

Contrary to popular believe there is not permitted volume for personal consumption.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
            This^

Contrary to popular believe there is not permitted volume for personal consumption.
            I thought there was.

So you can make your own beer, make your own wine but not liquor? Is there a % strength you can't go over that makes it illegal?

Comment

If they don't have time to investigate election fraud, surely they don't have time to investigate bubba and his homemade vodka.

Right?

Comment

I'm sure he's just going to make alcohol for fuel with that still.

Comment

I’d always thought you could make 25 gallons of alcohol a year for personal use too. Had several people that also thought that.

I sit corrected. I looked it up just now too.

Comment

I used to have a solar still in the seventies that I learned how to make at a “gasohol” convention.

Comment

From what I was told by someone, who has a license to buy stills and related products. Do not tell anyone you have one, or make one. The people I talked to, told me, do not order one on Amazon or any other internet source, because there is a good chance the ATF will be knocking on your door eventually.

Basically making wine and beer seem to be ok, but still kind of a gray area. But owning a still, even if you don't use it. Is highly illegal. Don't ask me, don't make any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                        I don't think I'd worry about it unless I was selling it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
                          This^

Well that's just dumb. If you want to make your own alcohol for personal consumption, the government should not have a say in it.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                            Well that's just dumb. If you want to make your own alcohol for personal consumption, the government should not have a say in it.

They can’t get their cut so us peasants can’t make our own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Side note, who makes their own moonshine?

Comment

Working...
                              X