Calling all of Emmett's Prayer Warriors Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling all of Emmett's Prayer Warriors Again

The say that we have dreaded for months now is finally nearing. Our little guy is having his open heart procedure this Thursday. We were hit with some rough news last Wednesday during a pre-op check up that shook us. A chest x-ray showed that Emmett's heart has become rather enlarged, which further complicates his procedure. His risk factor with this new discovery increases 10 fold, which was really difficult to hear. Due to this new discovery, the performing surgeon has decided to delay Emmett's surgery date in order to bring in the chief anesthesiologist. Although this gives us five more days of worry and concern, we're glad to have the best of the best.

Emmett will be admitted tomorrow morning in order to closely monitor him as they begin fluid restricting him. The plan is to get in and out asap, as the longer his enlarged heart stays down the greater the risk. They will be trimming out excess tissue from his septum and near the aortic valve, as well as placing his pacemaker. We're hopeful that by pacing his heart with a normal heart rhythm, the size of his heart and aorta will return to normal size since it's not working as hard.

Many tears have been shed since learning of this new complication. We've had a full year now to fall madly in love with our little guy, so hearing that our risk has increased so much has been devastating. Please help us pray for our Emmett. Pray for the surgical team that will be working on him. And pray that this procedure will fix all that is wrong with his heart, so he can move forward with a normal life. We've had to deal in chances and probabilities on too many occations now.

I'm not sure I even posted in the other thread but found myself checking in daily for updates. Thought about you guys the other day out of nowhere, wondering how Emmett was doing. Hate to hear the new developments but you guys are in my prayer.

Comment

May God watch over him and guide his doctor's hands.

Comment

Prayers sent bud. I know its hard. I little boy hard to have open heart surgery when he was 5 months old.

Comment

My handsome, strong, little buddy

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Big prayers up for Emmett and your family.

Comment

Gods blessing sent

Comment

Prayers up for Emmett.

Comment

Prayers up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers sent!

Comment

Prayers sent for the little guy!

Comment

Like I’ve posted before, with a boy near the same age as Emmett’s, it really hits home. God has shown himself through Emmett during his whole young little life thus far, and I pray he continues to do that.

Y’all will all be in my prayers.

Comment

More prayers sent, hang tough Emmett!

Comment

Praying for a successful surgery and speedy recovery

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Working...
                              X