No announcement yet.

Tiger Woods: Does Anybody Even Care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To the OP's original question. Now on page 6! Some folks really do care.

Comment

Still doing his job for golf. Got TBH talking about it. LOL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
        To the OP's original question. Now on page 6! Some folks really do care.
        I meant to say " no " earlier. I'm trying not to get drawn in since I could go on and on.
        Beautiful golf day over here today.

Comment

Originally posted by 16ncs View Post
          I meant to say " no " earlier. I'm trying not to get drawn in since I could go on and on.
          Beautiful golf day over here today.

I hope you hit em well today.

Remember to bring me a hybrid or 6 and 14 dozen different golf balls to the next TBH classic.

We could invite Tiger and take him down You think Micheal and the admins would pay his appearance fee

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
            I hope you hit em well today.

Remember to bring me a hybrid or 6 and 14 dozen different golf balls to the next TBH classic.

We could invite Tiger and take him down You think Micheal and the admins would pay his appearance fee
            Hard to play bad when you I show up at the 1st tee with half a gross of Titleist, Callaway etc. Hit one of the tee in the rough, go drop in the fairway at PHDAN's ball and hit on the green. I can handle it from there. .

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
              Moe Norman was something else. His ball striking was unheard of

Overall probably one of the best ball strikers of all time is Norman imho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I care. I've never understood the rationale for folks thinking professional athletes should retire before they are ready. The one possible exception being boxers just fighting for a paycheck while putting their lives at risk.

While I don't think he will break Jack's majors record, I wouldn't bet against him winning at least one more. I'll sure be rooting for him.

The whole greatest of all time argument is too subjective - most majors, most wins, highest winning percentage, etc. Heck, when you look at Tom Watson's longevity and winning over time, I've wondered if he shouldn't be considered in the greatest of all time discussion. But in my opinion, Tiger Woods is the best golfer of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                  I think you missed the point. The round took over 6 hours because we had to wait for the groups in front of us for every shot.
                  As I specified, we don't play on Sat.

We also don't shop (or go to malls) on Sat, Sun, or near holidays. If one doesn't like crowds, don't go where the population is congested.

Comment

Originally posted by cookemerkel View Post
                    Well based on pgatour.com

Jack played 595 events winning 73 times. Thats winning roughly 12% of the time.

Tiger has played 328 events and won 79 of them. Thats a 24% clip.
                    Ahhh yes, the apples to cars comparison. Those 595 events for Nicklaus were in 49 years including 6 as an amateur.

Not counting the single tournament this year, Woods has played pro for 20 years. Nicklaus had an additional 215 PGA tournaments "after" his first 20 years and 13 of his PGA events were as an amateur. Try subtracting 235 from Nicklaus's 595 events makes it even. Woods had 11 amateur PGA tournaments.

Let's see if Woods plays another 215 events in the next 20 years.......

In his first 20 years pro, Nicklaus placed 1, 2 or 3 144 times. In the same time frame Woods placed 1, 2 or 3 127 times.

Nicklaus made the cut 10 times as an amateur in 6 years. Woods made the cut 3 times in 4 years as an amateur.

Woods best finish in a major as an amateur was 48th. Nicklaus best finish in a major as an amateur was 2nd.

Woods does lead in major wins in less years. Woods won his 14 majors in 12 years. In 12 years Nicklaus won 12. But.....for Woods in next 8 years he won none. The next 8 years for Nicklaus added 5 more then the almost stunning win at Augusta at age 46. Of course, maybe Woods can do that 5 years from now when he is 46.

Apples to apples.....

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                      Ahhh yes, the apples to cars comparison. Those 595 events for Nicklaus were in 49 years including 6 as an amateur.

Not counting the single tournament this year, Woods has played pro for 20 years. Nicklaus had an additional 215 PGA tournaments "after" his first 20 years and 13 of his PGA events were as an amateur. Try subtracting 235 from Nicklaus's 595 events makes it even. Woods had 11 amateur PGA tournaments.

In his first 20 years pro, Nicklaus placed 1, 2 or 3 144 times. In the same time frame Woods placed 1, 2 or 3 127 times.

Nicklaus made the cut 10 times as an amateur in 6 years. Woods made the cut 3 times in 4 years as an amateur.

Woods best finish in a major as an amateur was 48th. Nicklaus best finish in a major as an amateur was 2nd.

Woods does lead in major wins in less years. Woods won his 14 majors in 12 years. In 12 years Nicklaus won 12. But.....for Woods in next 8 years he won none. The next 8 years for Nicklaus added 5 more then the almost stunning win at Augusta at age 46. Of course, maybe Woods can do that 5 years from now when he is 46.

Apples to apples.....

Shaaazzzzaaaam !!!

Comment

Apples to apples.....

If you ain't first, you're last. Look at wins in that time period.

Comment

Apples to apples.....

So what are you are saying is Jack had more longevity to his career? No one is denying that. And if we are talking amateur careers Tiger had a stellar one. Not just speaking on the professional tournaments he played as an amateur. He won't almost everything you could win on the amateur level. I'm unsure of what jack won because that was long before my time and I don't care to look it up.

So I wasn't comparing apples to cars.

Comment

Also Tiger changed the game for touring pros. His entire schedule focused on majors and or major tournaments. He wasn't going to play 40 events a year like most guys on tour.

Comment

Tiger Woods: Does Anybody Even Care?

Four pages of talk since Elin pics.

Disgraceful.

Comment

Not a golfer, so no I don't care. In fact he and Romo can run off together and it won't bother me in the least.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X