Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where Do You Get Your Sausage Seasoning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get mine from Zach's Spice Co. My wife is very picky and Zach's smoked sausage seasoning is the ONLY one she will eat and I have tried many including mixing my own. I also use the Polish sausage seasoning for my snack sticks

https://www.zachspice.com/collection...age-seasonings

Comment

HEB : fresh garlic, no. 32 fiesta black pepper, pickling/canning salt. Have used Maeker's mix from Shiner with great results

Comment

I buy it directly from Zach's or pick it up at Allied Kenco.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Grocery store....Fresh garlic, kosher salt and coarse black pepper...and mother nature in the form of pecan, hickory or mesquite.
          Smart, would you mind sharing your recipe?

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
            Reo seasoning out of Huntsville has some very good stuff . Lots to choose from . For me itā€™s actually cheaper to buy from them and mix my own .
            Reo old fashion seasoning. Brookshire brothers in East Texas sells it too. I add a little extra red pepper flakes to mine.

Comment

Black Pepper
              Salt
              Sugar
              Mustard Seed
              Crushed Red Pepper
              Granulated Garlic

Comment

Originally posted by roughneck266 View Post
                This is what we use most. Made 325 lbs yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
                Which actual seasoning from Reoā€™s?

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzly1 View Post
                  Which actual seasoning from Reoā€™s?
                  This particular time, we made 100 lbs with their Polish seasoning, then 100 lbs with the Cajun, another 100 of the German. Added cheese and Jalapeno to some of it. Also made 25 lbs of Italian.
                  We also use OP#6 and Old Fashion #8. Both are really good for pan sausage.
                  Last edited by roughneck266; 12-20-2020, 11:19 PM.

Comment

My wife gets it from the grocery store & mixes it up in the kitchen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
                      I always add a little salt peter and sometimes some mustard seed other than same as your list
                      Whoa! Not really wanting to go this route!. Enjoy it partner!

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
                        Whoa! Not really wanting to go this route!. Enjoy it partner!
                        He said salt....not salty!

I haven't heard of folks using saltpeter in a long time tho.

Comment

Allied kenco has alot of choices

Comment

there's lots of recipes out there, i just make my own and tweak it to taste.

Comment

Originally posted by roughneck266 View Post
                              This particular time, we made 100 lbs with their Polish seasoning, then 100 lbs with the Cajun, another 100 of the German. Added cheese and Jalapeno to some of it. Also made 25 lbs of Italian.
                              We also use OP#6 and Old Fashion #8. Both are really good for pan sausage.
                              I used the cajun a couple months ago and made about 80# of link, I'm not impressed with the flavor. How is the German and polish?

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
                                I used the cajun a couple months ago and made about 80# of link, I'm not impressed with the flavor. How is the German and polish?
                                I like the German the best, but I usually make it with jalapeƱo and pepperjack, but honestly both are better than anything I could buy at the supermarket.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X