No announcement yet.

Sonora 2019 hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anthrax is a bacterial disease caused by Bacillus anthracis, which historically has been found in the soil in some parts of Texas.

More anthrax, including an equine case, has been reported in Texas in the area where it is historically present.

found this online if anyone is interested in reading.

Comment

Originally posted by IAFFHunter18 View Post
      As anyone used, had any luck, or know of any results good or bad with the medicated protein??
      I'm not sure all medicated protein is the same, but most of it ,I believe just contains a wormer, so wouldn't help against anthrax.

Comment

The first 2019 case of anthrax was reported in Uvalde County, Texas, in a captive antelope.

Comment

I really fell for you guys in that anthrax county. We had a lease in uvalde years ago we went from having a decent deer population to the next year I seen the same two deer all year long. The medicated feed is for worms they put ivormec in it. It's a shame that the anthrax hits that county and kills off 90% off the deer in some areas. But some of the ranchers won't tell you they had a bad die off and will lease there land year after year to different hunting parties. Like I was saying I really feel for you guys out that way good luck and hope the outbreak doesn't get to bad.
          Last edited by Johnson; 07-10-2019, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Yeah we have done some checking and hearing about the same. Your right ivormectin wont do us any good against anthrax. Guess we will just see what Mother Nature does.

Comment

So far so good at our place. Anyone heard anything different??

Comment

In for the 19 season just not sure if we will even have a season due to anthrax.

Comment

Rafter W Feed is selling antlers plus G7 that’s suppose to help the deer resist anthrax. Anyone heard of it? I can’t seem to find any information online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We looked into it and our land owner has put some out. Does it work? I cant answer that. I know some of our guys have talked to several biologist and it seems like it all depends on who you talk to. One says oh yeah put it out we need all the help we can give to the animals and another one said its a waste of money and actually discourages feeding right now to avoid them gathering at the feeders and spreading to one another. Sorry to not be of any help. Thats just the info that we received.

Comment

When the Ranch was hit I was on in the 90s between Brackettville and Rocksprings, there was nothing you can do for the deer. The biologist told us to shoot spikes only, Mother natures way of cleaning up the herd. It took 6 years for them to come back.
                      Good luck to y’all hope that it's not as bad as it was in the 90s.
                      Last edited by Hoytbowhunter; 07-17-2019, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Sonora 2019 hunting thread

I just put my cameras out so I won't really have pics until Labor Day. Here's one promising buck I got an camera the other weekend.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by BrianG; 07-26-2019, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Nice looking buck Brian, I hope y'all stay out of the danger zone with the anthrax.

Comment

Looking bad on our place off 189.
                            Any other updates?

Comment

Hey Brian shoot me a PM

I’m south of 189 only a mile west of you

Comment

Going down the 1st to check things out. Hopefully its not completely wiped out. Has anyone else been down to check? We are west of the caverns off Glasscock.

Comment

Working...
                                X