Texas Pride Trailers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Pride Trailers

I’m pretty sure I’m going to be in the market for a new gooseneck trailer pretty soon. I’ve been looking online and found Texas Pride Trailers. Does anyone own one? Any opinions on it? I’m looking for a reasonably priced 20-24 ft trailer to haul a forestry mulcher on. The machine itself will be around ~14,500 pounds.

Any recommendations on other brands of trailers to take a look at? I don’t mind buying used, but I don’t want junk. I’m about to bail off into something very costly and I don’t want be worrying about or repairing my main trailer.

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks

They make good trailers. Personally, we bought Top Hat and drove up to get it. They are very close to Texas Pride trailers. It saved us a bunch of money. Since your avatar says you are in southern Oklahoma, that may be an option for you, too.

Comment

Take a look at their axles and ask them what kind they are. We have a texas pride dump trailer and had to replace the axles after a few years. I think they were some cheap knockoffs but not 100% other than that it has been a pretty good trailer. We have went to load trails on all of our other dump trailers and haul trailers and have been pleased.

Comment

Just look at the materials they use, how heavy the beams are, crossmembers, and how far apart the crossmembers are.

PJ makes a heavier trailer than most, in my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
          They make good trailers. Personally, we bought Top Hat and drove up to get it. They are very close to Texas Pride trailers. It saved us a bunch of money. Since your avatar says you are in southern Oklahoma, that may be an option for you, too.
          Where did you purchase the Top Hat? I looked on their website and you have to buy thru a dealer.

Comment

I appreciate the replies. I don’t have much experience with a trailer of this style/size. Always willing to learn something.

Comment

I've heard good things about Texas pride, but never owned one personally.

I like Performance trailers out of Mt. Pleasant. Everything they build gets powder coated, as opposed to standard paint like some of the other trailer manufacturers. Their welds and price are on point. My 30' gooseneck has been sitting outside since 2015 and it looks brand new.

PJ makes a solid trailer and are known for top tier trailers, but their prices reflect that. Only some of their trailers are powder coated too.

Check out Diamond C as well. They have a really strong neck design on their gooseneck trailers that is different than some of the other companies.
              Last edited by Arrowthreat; 07-10-2019, 10:23 AM.

Comment

We have been running a Brute brand 40 ft gooseneck trailer for going on 15 years now. Only thing we have had to do to it is the general upkeep of keeping thing a lubricated and changing tires and the wood deck out 3 years ago. Been a very nice trailer and was priced well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Are you looking for a tandem, tri axel or dual tandem? I would look into PJ or Big Tex for duals

Comment

Originally posted by TTU TX Hunter View Post
                    Are you looking for a tandem, tri axel or dual tandem? I would look into PJ or Big Tex for duals
                    Most likely a tandem axle (10K each) for what I’m needing.

Comment

I bought a tx pride dump trailer with tandem 7k axles I admit I have over loaded weight wise. I'm super happy with it seems very well built and very stout, I'm buying another one soon

Comment

I appreciate all the info.

Comment

I've got a Texas Pride 24,000 lb dump trailer and a Gatormade 20,000 goose(as well as three other trailers).

Texas Pride stands behind their product. I had and issue and the sent me a check to cover the fix.

The Gatormade is an awesome trailer. It's the best large goose I've ever seen.
                          Attached Files

Comment

If you look at a PJ or Big Flex be sure to check the welds underneath the trailer.

Comment

I’ve heard good things about them.

Comment

Working...
                              X