• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks nice

Comment

Done for the evening.

Comment

Told a lie. Loaded her up. I'll still need to put locks and plywood on side to cover wheel wells

Comment

Great job!

Comment

I have often thought of this idea. Thanks for sharing it looks great.

Comment

I'll toss a few suggestions out there as I can "reverse engineer" a lot of things, lol. Regarding "reaching the back", make you a pole with a hook or spade on it to grab that stuff that will invariably get out of arms length. What about mounting the gas assists closer to the mid point or the opening end for better lifting and possibly help in keeping it open? You can also fab up a "lid prop" out of a 2x2 and fasten it parallel to the center divider facing the cab. You can then just flip it up into place, possibly making a pocket catch on the lid or rear facing panel.

Comment

Looks good. Will the struts not hold it up?

Comment

Mike, good points. You and Fooshman's observations are correct. I mounted the struts too far back. They will need to be moved up. Might be a task for next weekend.

Comment

you could buy some hydraulic arms that could hold it open for you. look on ebay. look for the kind for hatchbacks, the big SUV ones. IDK just a though. looks cool.

Comment

Were you planning on mounting it to the bed? If so, how? I'm thinking of trying something similar

Comment

Originally posted by JDL View Post
                        I have built some.
                        Can you send me some more pics of these to me? Interested in getting one made and curious on how they work. simsspenc@hotmail.com

Comment

Great job on the build! I do think having to move stuff off the top of it to open would be a disadvantage for me though

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                            Great job on the build! I do think having to move stuff off the top of it to open would be a disadvantage for me though
                            ^^^^^This X2 ^^^^^

Comment

Wait... you think I actually work out of my truck?!

Comment

Nice work, thanks for posting pictures of your progress. I’m in the same boat on building storage area.

Comment

Working...
                                X