Advice Ranger Roofs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice Ranger Roofs

My plastic roof broke on my 2016 crew cab 900xp. I have been looking at options. I’ve seen aluminum tops around $600 and pro box up to $4k. Want something that doesn’t brake the bank. Any advice or pics would be much appreciated. Realistic budget is $1500 or less. Thanks.

There’s a sponsor that makes metal accessories think they make some good diamond plate roofs.

Other than that I have had good stuff from EMF

Comment

My brother had a metal roof put on his 1000 last year when he bought it. Unfortunately they didn’t itemize the accessories on his bill of sale so we can’t figure out which one it is.

This particular roof has railing all the way around though, helps if you need to load anything up there and want to strap it down. From what he can recall it was around $1000.

Comment

I made mine out of a sheet of 1/8” aluminum. This is the only pic I have on my phone. Cost me around $100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine was built by a welder friend of mine, then shot with bedliner. I had about $500 in it all told and although my son has the Ranger now it’s still going strong. After season is over my CanAm will get one just like it. Just have a couple pics of it, both trail cam pics.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
            My brother had a metal roof put on his 1000 last year when he bought it. Unfortunately they didn’t itemize the accessories on his bill of sale so we can’t figure out which one it is.

This particular roof has railing all the way around though, helps if you need to load anything up there and want to strap it down. From what he can recall it was around $1000.
            Any pictures of it?

Comment

A good roof is worth it. Here is Throwin Darts' rig pre-lift

Click image for larger version

Name:	022D8C33-2979-4A7D-A8CE-A44B8D7146CF.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	24603631

Comment

I put a Fortress roof on my Ranger. I can stand on it. Not to expensive either.

Comment

Originally posted by ShawnG View Post
                  Any pictures of it?
                  I can probably get him to send me one.

PM me your number when you get a chance and I’ll text it to you. I’m on my phone and don’t use tapatalk.

Comment

I put a fortress on my Kubota also, been plenty happy with it.

Comment

Best thing you can do to a UTV for deer lease and ranch work is get a good roof

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post

What do you have??

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post

That looks exactly like the safety videos we have to watch of what NOT to do.

Comment

Originally posted by DedDuk View Post
                            If you drink some "thinking fluid" beforehand it's no sweat.

(I was the photographer)

Comment

Originally posted by DedDuk View Post

Safety third!

Comment

Working...
                              X