Weatherby SA-08 28 Gauge Recoil Spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weatherby SA-08 28 Gauge Recoil Spring

My recoil spring on my SA-08 broke last year and I haven't been able to find a replacement spring. After calling Weatherby, and waiting 3 days for a call back, I find out that the model is discontinued. Furthermore the manufacturer went out of business (manufacturer was not Weatherby). The weatherby guy refers me to Brownells and another parts site and neither of them have springs available. Anyone have any suggestions, all I have right now is a 28 gauge paperweight.

Numrich arms?

Comment

Numrich has a 12
      Give it a shot

Comment

Still have the original? Might be able to source another spring with similar specs that's made for another shotgun?

Comment

Originally posted by BUCKSTAR View Post
          Numrich has a 12
          Give it a shot
          Whats the chances its going to fit considering they have different springs for 12, 20, and 28. Seems like it would be too big.

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
            Still have the original? Might be able to source another spring with similar specs that's made for another shotgun?
            I have pieces of it but not all so hard to determine the overall length required.

Comment

Maybe Lee’s gun parts Irving Texas

Comment

You can try Midwest gun works. I don’t think weatherby has actually built any of their own shotguns in over a decade.

Comment

That’s a shame to hear, I have one as well and love it. Was really hoping with Weatherby’s customer service it would be better in the long run than other Turkish guns. I’ve had no issues getting a spare gas valve and magazine follower from them for my 12 gauge SA-08.

Apparently the 28’s were made by Armsan and I believe they share the same internals as the Tri-Star Viper G2’s.

Please post up if you find anything, I may order some spare wear parts if they are still available.

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgrizz27 View Post
                    That’s a shame to hear, I have one as well and love it. Was really hoping with Weatherby’s customer service it would be better in the long run than other Turkish guns. I’ve had no issues getting a spare gas valve and magazine follower from them for my 12 gauge SA-08.

Apparently the 28’s were made by Armsan and I believe they share the same internals as the Tri-Star Viper G2’s.

Please post up if you find anything, I may order some spare wear parts if they are still available.
                    You have the same 28 ga?

What's the Overall length of the spring? That might help the OP source a replacement

Comment

I also have a Weatherby SA-08 28 Gauge and have not been able to find a Recoil spring. I had custom springs made to match the factory original. I have quantity three springs available.. Contact me if you still need a spring.. I will sell them at my cost..

Comment

Being a Turkish made gun, you might try Brileys In Houston, as they do all the work on YILDEZ which is also Turkish made..... maybe they can help you.

Lohmans Gun repair / restoration in Houston as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bertwarbutton View Post
                          I also have a Weatherby SA-08 28 Gauge and have not been able to find a Recoil spring. I had custom springs made to match the factory original. I have quantity three springs available.. Contact me if you still need a spring.. I will sell them at my cost..
                          Very classy Sir!

Comment

Thanks... Can't PM until I post more so if you need to reach me then email me..

Comment

I have had more requests for springs from 28 gauge owners with failed springs.. the custom spring company I used, will make more... so I will have two more available once currently requested springs are made and shipped... hopefully this will help a few more people out and not end up with a wall hanger! Updated 12_20_2022

Comment

Working...
                              X