No announcement yet.

Lease Ride Upgrade - Jeep Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the Comanche battery tray project, I carefully cut out the bad, started prepping the new peice to put in. We got it coated with Rusty Metal Primer. Next step is to prep for welding and get it done!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Comment

goin' together one piece at a time! Lookin' good Rosco.

Comment

Got the Comanche battery tray all welded in and recoated it with Rusty Metal primer and then with rust-oleum pro enamel and an added hardener. Battery tray project done!

Biggest news of all.. that is the last major rust project on the entire truck. We are done fighting rust and cutting metal and fabricating fixes! Woohoo!

Comment

With the Comanche rust-free (fingers crossed) it's time to move forward building it up. We have the front axle out and will take advantage of the extra room to add frame stiffeners to the unibody front frame section. This area receives quite a bit torque due to all the steering being connected here. I went with the JCR front section stiffeners and 3/16" steel. Used a wire wheel to work on all the very bad rubberized undercoating in the fender wells. Got it cleaned up nice and now we are mocking up the stiffeners. Clamped them down and beat them to shape with a dead blow hammer. They came out pretty good and fit nice
          Attached Files

Comment

What are you going to do with all of your free time once you finish up?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
              What are you going to do with all of your free time once you finish up?
              Haha! Hopefully chilling on top of a hill with a view in my Jeep!

Comment

The Comanche fenders and frame stiffeners are prepped, final fit and started to weld them in! Can't wait to see this project finished up!

Comment

The Comanche frame stiffeners (JCR Off-road) are done! They welded in very good. Welding to the thicker unibody metal was so much nicer than some of the rusty patches and restoration. I was able to get some good hot welds going. Then we hand brushed the stiffeners, unibody and fenders with Rusty Metal primer and finally.. an awesome topcoat of 3M rubberized undercoating. That stuff went on so good! It looks awesome

Comment

Nice job...looking good. Do you have an estimate for completion?

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
                      Nice job...looking good. Do you have an estimate for completion?
                      Thanks iamntx! It will really move quick now that I'm done with the restoration part.. however I am moving too.. so I have to get it rolling on a time line. so I might have to put some wanted projects behind the mandatory stuff

Comment

Gotcha, don't get it rolling and not finish it all the way how you want it. I'm ready to see the end result with maybe a drive along video.

Comment

After the Comanche battery tray inner fender turned into a major restoration project, I decided I might as well get a new battery and a major cable upgrade.. these from Ksuspensionlifts are awesome and so we'll made. Good project!

Comment

Love that batter hook up! That's the perfect block set for connecting a winch to the battery!! Don't know if that's part of your project or not, but sure would be good for the wiring on the power cables. Lookin' real nice Rosco!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              Love that batter hook up! That's the perfect block set for connecting a winch to the battery!! Don't know if that's part of your project or not, but sure would be good for the wiring on the power cables. Lookin' real nice Rosco!
                              Haha.. yes for sure on the winch but that might be a second year expense after it's running and I get some kinks worked out.. they want an arm and a leg for a warn

Comment

You never cheap out or easy out which I love about this build. Good choice on the battery cable setup.

Comment

Working...
                                X