Youth shotgun ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youth shotgun ???

Here's the deal. 3 grandsons so I'd like to pass this gun down as they grow. The first one is a lefty and the other 2 rightness. Will a semi auto or pump action ejecting on his face side bother him or should I stick with my idea of an O/U in 20ga. I know the O/U will have more felt recoil but I don't think it will matter much shooting only clays or birds.

If worried about recoil maybe drop down to a 28 guage over under?

For mine she is getting a 28 guage for her first shotgun. Probably a mossberg SA 28 cut down to fit right. Either that or one of the CZ 28 guage over unders cut down to fit.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Browning BPS or an OU.

Comment

My son is a lefty and shoots a right handed semi with no issue.

Comment

Originally posted by DKirk View Post
          My son is a lefty and shoots a right handed semi with no issue.
          So does my grandson

Comment

Stevens makes the 555 O/U in a compact model in 20 or 28ga. I got the 28ga version forr my 9 year old and he shoots it well.

Comment

I've looked at a bunch of shotguns, now I need to pick one. Availability may play a big part in my decision.

Comment

I shoot right and left handed, mostly left. No issues shooting my 1100 or any other semi auto that are right handed.

My opinion....teach them to shoot right and left handed like my dad did to me. It helps in a lot of hunting situations. I can hunt any spot while duck, pheasant, and rabbit hunting. It also helps in the deer blind or tree too. No doubt I have taken a few deer being able to switch hands.

Comment

I picked up a new weatherby 20 gauge and love it! Academy has them in Katy.

Comment

Ithaca pumps eject shells out the bottom of the receiver. My look for a 20 ga.

Comment

I'm a south paw & grew up shooting only right handed guns with no issues. Browning BPS pump ejects out the bottom so good for both

Comment

Browning BPS or Ithaca 3, both mentioned above and they both eject from the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                          I've looked at a bunch of shotguns, now I need to pick one. Availability may play a big part in my decision.
                          Shotgun selection is poor right now. I finally found what I was looking for but it wasn't easy.

As far as your dilemma, I vote for a Browning BPS in 20 or 28 gauge. The Ithaca 37 is nice but pricey.

Comment

I looked at a Yildiz Compact today but the aluminum reciever turned me off. I think I'll get the Tristar Trinity. Haven't found any bad reviews on it but I sure would like to handle one before ordering it.

Comment

Originally posted by krtnorris View Post
                              I picked up a new weatherby 20 gauge and love it! Academy has them in Katy.
                              Love these guns. Got a tri-star as well but love the SA-08

Comment

Working...
                              X