Cwd. Who has it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cwd. Who has it?

Just saw a report on the houston Chronicle that 6 ranches have CWD. Is this a new "outbreak" or is this a journalist looking for clicks. We got out of breeding after the last outbreak for a number of reasons, mainly being our manager died and our new one did a poor job with the books.

I'm just curious if the state is about to impose crazy restrictions.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

They done did. From what I understand, you must test most deer before they can be moved from your pen.

Comment

By crazy restrictions do you mean trying to protect the states deer herd?

Comment

Don't worry, Pfizer. Moderna and J&J will be along shortly to inform us The Covid vaccine will protect whitetail from CWD too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
          Don't worry, Pfizer. Moderna and J&J will be along shortly to inform us The Covid vaccine will protect whitetail from CWD too.
          Lmao! Might give them heart attacks!

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
            By crazy restrictions do you mean trying to protect the states deer herd?
            No, I mean like slaughter an entire herd on a ranch because one deer has it. Or make hunters have their deer tested regardless of where it was killed.

We had to kill a bunch of deer and we had 0 cases of it. Pretty good protection plan huh!

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
              No, I mean like slaughter an entire herd on a ranch because one deer has it. Or make hunters have their deer tested regardless of where it was killed.

We had to kill a bunch of deer and we had 0 cases of it. Pretty good protection plan huh!

TPWD is a government agency, you can't blame them for not being the brightest bulb in the box! You have to expect them to do stupid stuff!!

Comment

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
                TPWD is a government agency, you can't blame them for not being the brightest bulb in the box! You have to expect them to do stupid stuff!!
                Like still allowing the movement of deer? Dead deer don't spread the disease. No live test is as accurate as the dead deer testing. Plus, doesn't matter if the test gives a false reading if the deer's dead since it can't spread the disease further anyway.

Comment

Is this a new "outbreak"
                  yes. More Uvalde facilities tested positive and they moved infected deer to Hunt Couny, Matagorda County, and Mason County, all of which found 1 or more positives.

Comment

Yes it was. Proved you didn't have it and weren't spreading it.

Comment

Risk vs reward! Some times the risk will get ya! But it’s all going to be ok now because China has developed a mask that fits deer and it is an N-95 which will protect them from TB but will not from Covid at All… whoops, I mean CWD .
                      Last edited by Bucknaked; 06-29-2021, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deerguy View Post
                        Like still allowing the movement of deer? Dead deer don't spread the disease. No live test is as accurate as the dead deer testing. Plus, doesn't matter if the test gives a false reading if the deer's dead since it can't spread the disease further anyway.
                        I'm really surprised people still buy deer knowing the risk associated with it. When the 1st "outbreak" occured and stories started coming out about TPWD killing every deer in a facility or release site that was "contaminated" or possibly "contaminated". I thought that was going to be the end of people buying and releasing deer.

Comment

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
                          I'm really surprised people still buy deer knowing the risk associated with it. When the 1st "outbreak" occured and stories started coming out about TPWD killing every deer in a facility or release site that was "contaminated" or possibly "contaminated". I thought that was going to be the end of people buying and releasing deer.
                          I dont have a dog in the fight. We never sold deer or moved deer off our place. We bought deer to improve genetics on a high fence pasture. Once they arrived, they only leave dead. But there has yet to be a proven study I have seen where a place has a big die off. It about like this Covid pandemic. Its gonna kill us all....or not really.

Comment

Originally posted by Deerguy View Post
                            Yes it was. Proved you didn't have it and weren't spreading it.
                            Yeah great plan. I bet you wear your mask in your car too because Fauci said it was the safest move huh! How about....this plan. If you see an increased mortality rate, sick deer, or other strange things, call us and we will immediately test the deer. If they test positive we take more extreme action. No deer are allowed to leave the ranch until you meet some sort of criteria.

Or

We can kill 30 deer and test them and you can resume normal operations and are deemed clear unless something else pops up.

Its about like getting counterfeit money from a bank or store, with no knowledge of it, and the feds coming in and taking all your money to check to see if it is counterfeit too and giving none of it back. That's what it feels like....except wait, we never had any counterfeit money to begin with, someone else 100 miles away had it though, and we were in the same line of work, so we must have it too logic.
                            Badly flawed. I'm all for protecting a deer herd, but their actions are ridiculous.

Do you have a deer facility?

Comment

I dont have a dog in the fight. We never sold deer or moved deer off our place. We bought deer to improve genetics on a high fence pasture. Once they arrived, they only leave dead. But there has yet to be a proven study I have seen where a place has a big die off. It about like this Covid pandemic. Its gonna kill us all....or not really.

Instant gratification is the name of the game. People can’t work with what they have and improve on that. Too much effort and work. Instead have a pissing contest on who can buy the biggest buck. In the meantime let’s spread a disease instantly across the state that would take hundreds of years naturally.

Comment

Working...
                              X