Anyone use these LED lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone use these LED lights?

Anyone use this kind of LED light in their garage / shop? I am needing to replace a few and was wondering how they did. The lights pivot up or lay flat. There are various styles. 3, 4 or 5 LED panels.

Good, bad or gimmick?
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
    Anyone use this kind of LED light in their garage / shop? I am needing to replace a few and was wondering how they did. The lights pivot up or lay flat. There are various styles. 3, 4 or 5 LED panels.

Good, bad or gimmick?

They work, put one up in the attic & it’s freaking bright. I just ordered the cheapest one on Amazon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes and they are bright, buddy!! Lit the deer lease porch and my garage up.

Comment

LED's are really nice, but they don't stand up to the Texas heat very well maybe 1-2 years not 50,000 hrs like they claim.

Comment

I have 3 in my garage and 2 in my storage room and they are great!

Comment

They're legit but I agree while they last longer than Flo or incandescent they don't see 50000 hours at my house.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Very bright! I just had one fail with one month left on the two year warranty. Waiting on replacement now.

Comment

I got 3 of the as seen on TV ones from Walmart for the garage and they are freaking bright.

Comment

Yup, 2 of them in the barn put out a lot of light. Got the Walmart version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by eaglegolfj View Post
                    LED's are really nice, but they don't stand up to the Texas heat very well maybe 1-2 years not 50,000 hrs like they claim.

The LED's will easily last 50,000 hours if the light they are in is built right. The problem is most of those Cheap Chinese lights are not so the LED's get too hot and that causes them to burn out faster. In fact, when the LED manufacturer list's 50,000 hours, that means that the LED will be at 80% brightness at 50,000 hours not that it will burn out at 50,000 hours.

Comment

got mine at home depot last year and love it in the garage

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
                        The LED's will easily last 50,000 hours if the light they are in is built right. The problem is most of those Cheap Chinese lights are not so the LED's get too hot and that causes them to burn out faster. In fact, when the LED manufacturer list's 50,000 hours, that means that the LED will be at 80% brightness at 50,000 hours not that it will burn out at 50,000 hours.
                        This, other than the fact it is L70 typically, not L80. That, and that rating is typically on the LED itself, but not as a package deal.

TM-21 and IES 12-12 and other standards are changing life claims though.

Comment

thanx folks,

guess they are legit. Looks like a couple are in my future.

Comment

tag

Comment

The leds may last, but the drivers won’t.
                              Most still have a great warranty. Just understand that’s it’s material only. If you paid someone to install, that’s on you again.
                              Last edited by Rubi513; 06-01-2021, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X