? For The Crossbow Hunters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? For The Crossbow Hunters

Ok, so I’ve gone over to the xbow side. Don’t hate me cause I’m old and weak.
    Anyways, I’ve got a new Centerpoint Sniper 370, everyone says the bolts that come with it are junk, so what are y’all using for deer and hogs.
    My research shows that the Piledrivers and the Bloodsports are the general favorites.
    What say y’all?

And what broadheads do you like?

Pile drivers with rage hypos! My wife and son both shoot the sniper 370 with this combo!

Last edited by hogslayer78; 05-29-2021, 01:33 PM.

Comment

I use the. Black Eagle Archery bolts with the 75 grain brass inserts. I switched three years ago to the Ram Cats 125 grain fixed blade broadheads. I have had good luck with Swacker Mechanical heads in 100 grains.

Comment

Is there a recommendation by the mfg as to arrow weight? The two bows I have, have a recommended bolt weight for each. I have two x-bows besides my horizontal bows. I just like shooting a lot of different stuff!

If you can't find what you want, I'd recommend calling South Shore Archery. Those fellers know bolts and X-bows. And can get you hooked up with a good match for the type of usage you want.

There are lots of great Bheads out there too.
        Last edited by Texas Grown; 05-29-2021, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Easton aluminum and muzzy or swhacker

Comment

Pile Drivers with a Muzzy Trocar

Comment

Good to know guys. Thanks.

Comment

Currently have a mix of Black Eagle Dragon Claw 16" bolts with 75gr brass inserts, Excalibur 16" quills, Ravin expandables, 100gr Slick Tricks, and 100gr Montec CS heads. Shot from an Excalibur 360TD Pro. The only reason I have the Ravin broadheads is that the dealer I bought the bow package from was out of the NAP expandables that normally come with it.

I only used the Excalibur quills last year, if the Black Eagles work as well as they're supposed to I'll standardize on them and some kind of 125gr head as soon as the other stuff is expended. Gonna start the testing phase on hogs soon.

Stu

Comment

I am using the bolts that came with my Ten Point cross bow with 100gr Slick Trick Magnums

Comment

Always used Slick Tricks for a fixed head. Spitfires mech. head.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                      Is there a recommendation by the mfg as to arrow weight? The two bows I have, have a recommended bolt weight for each. I have two x-bows besides my horizontal bows. I just like shooting a lot of different stuff!

If you can't find what you want, I'd recommend calling South Shore Archery. Those fellers know bolts and X-bows. And can get you hooked up with a good match for the type of usage you want.

There are lots of great Bheads out there too.
                      Didn’t see a weight recommendation Mile but the bolts that came with the bow were 400 gn. I might go a little heavier and a 125 gn BH.

I’ll check out South Shore too, thanks.

Comment

Well I ordered some Black Eagle Executioner bolts from South Shore Archery. Thanks for the pointers guys.
                        Now for the broadheads...I don’t have any mechanicals so I shot a couple of fixed blades that I have. One was a single bevel , Dirt Nap DRT broadhead and the other was a NAP Thunderhead. Both shot really bad at 30 yards. That gives me no confidence with fixed blades out of this xbow.
                        So I believe I’m going to try mechanicals. I’m looking at the NAP Killzones and the Rage Hypos.

Comment

The NAP Killzones performed really well for a buddy last year. Took a mix of deer and hogs, used one multiple times.

Stu

Comment

I have tried several different broadheads and decided on NAP Spitfire because they shoot very close to the same as my field points. Pile drivers are good arrows, but I order my arrows from Wyvern Creations. Black Eagle Executioners are good arrows and you will be happy with them. I had trouble getting fixed heads to group consistently.

Comment

all you gotta do is shoot one deer with the Crossbow Rage Hypo's and you won't use anything else. Make sure they're the orange colored Hypo's for a crossbow... regular ones have opened in flight for me. The plastic blade retention collar is beefed up on the Crossbow version to ensure full containment with the high speed crossbows of today.

Comment

Working...
                              X