Air Gun need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Gun need advice

Looking to buy a semi quiet air gun, I live in a neighborhood.
    I have a chicken problem that I am about to remedy. They’re running wild, feral chickens and I’m gonna rid my place of a few.
    Recommendations for an air Gun that will get the job done but isn’t too loud?

Sling shot is more fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bow huntin chickens sounds like hoot as well

Comment

My Rws is notably quieter than my sons Gamo. If you break the sound barrier the will be louder. Use heavier pellets to slow them down. I personally think .177' are generally more accurate than .22's

Comment

Thanks for the tips, I’m not looking for fun or a hobby. Dont need rocks or arrows ricocheting through yards etc. lol
          Extermination, head shots kill them right there type action.
          Last edited by Deuce16; 05-22-2021, 11:44 AM.

Comment

I’ve got one of these. It’s quite & accurate, ready to go, comes with pump , add pellets & your good.

Comment

I've got a Benjamin in .22 that is quiet enough for your needs. I think I paid around $170 for it with a scope. It is not as quiet as some of the high end air guns, but it does what I need (basically kill squirrels) around the house.
              I also used it to kill a hog.
              Attached Files

Comment

so far i havn't found one that made me happy ,, but i did find cci quiet .22 ammo,,, the hammer drop is louder than the ammo, and the bullet impact is also louder than the ammo,,,, ,,, effective too

Comment

Air Gun

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
                  I've got a Benjamin in .22 that is quiet enough for your needs. I think I paid around $170 for it with a scope. It is not as quiet as some of the high end air guns, but it does what I need (basically kill squirrels) around the house.
                  I also used it to kill a hog.
                  What model?

Comment

I smell fried chicken in your future...

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce16 View Post
                      What model?
                      Benjamin NP2 Trail (break barrel)

Comment

Look at the Marauder or other entry level PCP gun. They will be quieter and far more accurate than any springer or piston gun

Comment

Benjamin Trail is a good one. Get a .22 rather than a .17 and keep it below 1200fps. Nitro-piston will be most quiet. It takes a few hundred pellets to get it broke in, don't get discouraged if accuracy looks bad at first. Quality pellets will have less flyers.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Deerguy View Post
                              Benjamin Trail is a good one. Get a .22 rather than a .17 and keep it below 1200fps. Nitro-piston will be most quiet. It takes a few hundred pellets to get it broke in, don't get discouraged if accuracy looks bad at first. Quality pellets will have less flyers.
                              I wish that were true of mine. 4 yrs old several tins of pellets of various weight and shapes, & on scope 2 and that dang thing isn’t dinner plate accurate at 20 yards.

Comment

Working...
                              X