Camaro Owners Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camaro Owners Info

So, I have found the car that I want to buy. It is a 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE. Only has 4707 miles on it. I drove it the other day and man, let me tell you what. Those things are awesome. Anyway, does anyone on here have a Camaro that you could give me any information on? Do you like it? Anything to be aware of? Is the 1LE package worth it for the money or is a 2SS comparable?

I will say that the 6 speed transmission is crazy. I was cruising in 5th gear and realized I still had another gear. WOW is all I can say.

If you have experience with one, let me know. Thanks.

Paul has one. Goes by Artos here. Send him a PM.

Comment

I have a 2014 2SS 1LE and have had it for 4 years. It is a blast to drive and I have had no issues with it. The 1LE package used to be mainly suspension meant for track non drag but I personally think the handling was significantly better than without.

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
      So, I have found the car that I want to buy. It is a 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE. Only has 4707 miles on it. I drove it the other day and man, let me tell you what. Those things are awesome. Anyway, does anyone on here have a Camaro that you could give me any information on? Do you like it? Anything to be aware of? Is the 1LE package worth it for the money or is a 2SS comparable?

I will say that the 6 speed transmission is crazy. I was cruising in 5th gear and realized I still had another gear. WOW is all I can say.

If you have experience with one, let me know. Thanks.

Comment

Artos will likely disagree with me, but performance wise, they are very middle of the road. If you want a track car, GT350 or GT500. You want a cruiser, get a Hellcat. If those are out of your price range, go Mustang GT or Scat Pack.

My good list: Motor wise, they are rock solid. You won't get a more durable engine than that one. Not to mention there are literally thousands of aftermarket parts you can get for it, and a rebuild is far cheaper, than say a GT350.

The Bad: They are heavy once you get into the adult size motors, and weight distribution gets to be an issue with the adult size motors, the spoiler is for looks only (In your model that is, not sure about the ZL1), and they have poor visibility. They look like they were styled by a 6 year old. They have GM electrics, so a headlight will go wrong before long. The interior looked dated as they were sitting on the lot.

I know you want one, and maybe performance isn't your #1 concern. If that's the case, go for it. They handle really well, don't burn oil (Like my GT350), and have some get up and go.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
          Artos will likely disagree with me, but performance wise, they are very middle of the road. If you want a track car, GT350 or GT500. You want a cruiser, get a Hellcat. If those are out of your price range, go Mustang GT or Scat Pack.

My good list: Motor wise, they are rock solid. You won't get a more durable engine than that one. Not to mention there are literally thousands of aftermarket parts you can get for it, and a rebuild is far cheaper, than say a GT350.

The Bad: They are heavy once you get into the adult size motors, and weight distribution gets to be an issue with the adult size motors, the spoiler is for looks only (In your model that is, not sure about the ZL1), and they have poor visibility. They look like they were styled by a 6 year old. They have GM electrics, so a headlight will go wrong before long. The interior looked dated as they were sitting on the lot.

I know you want one, and maybe performance isn't your #1 concern. If that's the case, go for it. They handle really well, don't burn oil (Like my GT350), and have some get up and go.
          So, are you saying that the 1LE is lacking in performance? I mean, I am not going to be racing up the highway and highly doubt I will ever take it to a track, but who knows. I also plan on doing some mods to it in the future, so I can up the performance meter if needed.

Comment

Mine was the ZL1 which has the 650hp super charged LT4 power vs the 450hp naturally aspirated LT1 6.2...I'm not quite as versed on the SS but have driven one & it is indeed a blast.

Does that 1SS offer the mag ride suspension or is it only available on the 2SS...it's a real treat. If you want to turn & like the twisty's then you want the 1LE as it's the track package.

I would spend some time on camaro6.com as it's a wealth of knowledge.

Comment

So, are you saying that the 1LE is lacking in performance? I mean, I am not going to be racing up the highway and highly doubt I will ever take it to a track, but who knows. I also plan on doing some mods to it in the future, so I can up the performance meter if needed.
              Define lacking? Relative to a 2000 Camaro? Nope. Your car would destroy a 2000 Camaro, on the track or in a straight line, and even just in ride comfort as a daily ride.

I track all my cars. I went from a Focus ST to a Hellcat, to a GT350. They all "perform" well in their own respect. The car you are looking at is at the upper middle tier in the Camaro lineup (If that makes sense). Sort of like the scat pack, if you will, of Camaro. It would be a blast at the track, and likely you will love it as a daily ride, but I personally would find myself wanting more of everything. More power, stiffer suspension, more downforce. And I would turn to a ZL1.

So maybe I am jaded a bit. If you aren't going to track it, if it's for fun on Sunday, you will love it. If it's a daily ride, you will love it. And mechanically, it is very sound. You won't need to worry about major breakdowns.

Comment

Get a c8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The SS beats the GT on the track but it's close...I personally would seek out the ZL1 if you are considering forced induction mods. Lots of guys tried to turn the SS into a ZL1 but there are other internals than just slapping on the little Eaton SC. I personally loved the feel once inside the camaro & considered it the cockpit effect. I had no problems with vision but have always had lots of situational awareness behind the wheel & it was a non issue, but it's certainly not as good as the competition. Looks are in the eye of the beholder & think the 6th Gen has the sharpest lines.

If you like to turn, the SS 1LE is the best it's price range...if you are only interested in acceleration, then it opens up your options.

The ZL1 is faster than the Gt350 & have completely different designs on how the power is transferred to the ground. The LT4 has TONS of low end torque & the flat plane 350 revs to the moon & delivers in the higher rpm range. It's a good time to be a car guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                    The SS beats the GT on the track but it's close...I personally would seek out the ZL1 if you are considering forced induction mods. Lots of guys tried to turn the SS into a ZL1 but there are other internals than just slapping on the little Eaton SC. I personally loved the feel once inside the camaro & considered it the cockpit effect. I had no problems with vision but have always had lots of situational awareness behind the wheel & it was a non issue, but it's certainly not as good as the competition. Looks are in the eye of the beholder & think the 6th Gen has the sharpest lines.

If you like to turn, the SS 1LE is the best it's price range...if you are only interested in acceleration, then it opens up your options.

The ZL1 is faster than the Gt350 & have completely different designs on how the power is transferred to the ground. The LT4 has TONS of low end torque & the flat plane 350 revs to the moon & delivers in the higher rpm range. It's a good time to be a car guy.
                    I wish the ZL1 was in the budget. It would already be in the garage. LOL! And it looks like the one I was going to buy probably just sold, so this thread is a moot point. LOL! Dang it, now I am kind of sad.

Comment

I wish the ZL1 was in the budget. It would already be in the garage. LOL! And it looks like the one I was going to buy probably just sold, so this thread is a moot point. LOL! Dang it, now I am kind of sad.
                      Give it a few minutes. You will find one. In the mean time, here is where I picked up my latest car. They are reasonably priced, and it's a no nonsense place. I had my car picked out online. From when I stepped out of my truck until I had all the paperwork filled out was 45 minutes. Great people to work with.

https://www.texashotrides.com/

Comment

Paul do you still have your car?

Comment

No sir...when I resigned & turned in the Co truck I thought about keeping it & getting a somewhat beater truck to get back & forth to the ranch, but really didn't make any sense. In the 3 years I only drove it 6k miles & it was ready for new rubber due to their racing compound / hard driving sessions. I also got a pretty sizable consignment package of guns & needed the space in the man cave for all the picture taking.

It was painful & I miss it especially on pretty days but under the circumstances it was the right decision so traded it for a tundra. I'll end up with something down the road but not sure if it will be something newish or a resto-mod like you are working on.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                            No sir...when I resigned & turned in the Co truck I thought about keeping it & getting a somewhat beater truck to get back & forth to the ranch, but really didn't make any sense. In the 3 years I only drove it 6k miles & it was ready for new rubber due to their racing compound / hard driving sessions. I also got a pretty sizable consignment package of guns & needed the space in the man cave for all the picture taking.

It was painful & I miss it especially on pretty days but under the circumstances it was the right decision so traded it for a tundra. I'll end up with something down the road but not sure if it will be something newish or a resto-mod like you are working on.
                            A neighbor of mine had a ZL-1, and did almost the same thing as you but a taco instead. Said he misses it every day. They are awesome looking cars for sure. In fact I had him talked into a track day, and bet I could beat him, and he traded it the day before. The SC whine is a beautiful sound.

Comment

My only real regret was not getting her up to COTA & doing what she was designed for...I opted for the new A10 & it was an outstanding tranny, but will likely go with a manual. (if they don't become obsolete)

The way these cars are developing there's no telling what's around the corner.

Comment

Working...
                              X