Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 03-14-2021, 10:49 AM   #1
Rubberdown
Ten Point

Default Welp... they got me. G-danged thieves

Came out and both cars had a broken window. Nothing of value in my wifeís car but they trashed the inside. Broke my glove box that was locked and got some stuff of value. I hate living with my mother in law. I hate it so much I canít even tell ya. Wonder what else they got I donít even realize. And now how much is this going to cost?
Rubberdown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2021, 10:53 AM   #2
kenforu
Ten Point

Hunt In: Junction, Colorado, illinois, own property in Mountain Home.

File a police report and get ahold of your insurance company.
kenforu is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2021, 10:54 AM   #3
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas

Even with stimulus money hitting mailboxes thieves still don’t take a day off. Like AOC said
“They just need bread”.
Bayouboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2021, 10:57 AM   #4
BTLowry
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Behind the house and public in Texas; Kansas Unit 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayouboy View Post
even with stimulus money hitting mailboxes thieves still donít take a day off. Like tbh said
ďthey just need leadĒ.
fify
BTLowry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2021, 11:40 AM   #5
S-3 Ranch
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sisterdale and el dorado , Jeff Davis, refugio/sinton , San perlita

I really donít like Houston, when I got my truck burglarized, HPD didnít even bother to show up I had to try and file a report online, they stole stuff I didnít even notice till months after when I needed it and couldnít find it
S-3 Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2021, 11:46 AM   #6
JFFB
Eight Point

Hunt In: Pointe Coupee
Angry Dang

Shoot Em.
JFFB is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2021, 12:21 PM   #7
Charles
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFFB View Post
Shoot Em.
Twice...just for good measure.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2021, 12:23 PM   #8
sendit
Ten Point

Sorry about your loss. Just a reminder, donít leave anything of value in a vehicle that you donít want stolen, namely firearms, jewelry and tools.
sendit is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2021, 01:40 PM   #9
Rubberdown
Ten Point

Police just came. Said basically tough cookies. At least I have a case number for insurance.
Old 03-14-2021, 02:12 PM   #10
C.patterson
Spike

Hunt In: Coastal and Central Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubberdown View Post
Police just came. Said basically tough cookies. At least I have a case number for insurance.
Ugly truth, no doubt. I hate that these situations rarely lead to any accountability.
C.patterson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2021, 03:10 PM   #11
DUKFVR
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young County & Anywhere A Duck Flies!

Sorry to hear that. Will only get worse with the trash running the country right now.
DUKFVR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2021, 04:05 PM   #12
dgilbert
Ten Point

Hunt In: Coke Co

What's the mother in law got to do with it?
dgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2021, 04:22 PM   #13
dustoffer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: S/Central Tx

Nothing of value left inside, and maybe just leave the doors unlocked to save the glass bill?
dustoffer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2021, 05:37 PM   #14
3ChordTruth
Ten Point

Sorry this happened to you.
3ChordTruth is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2021, 07:16 PM   #15
J-Carp
Ten Point

Default Welp... they got me. G-danged thieves

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilar View Post
I really donít like Houston, when I got my truck burglarized, HPD didnít even bother to show up I had to try and file a report online, they stole stuff I didnít even notice till months after when I needed it and couldnít find it

This is very common. Some agencies use trained civilians to take reports along with the internet to allow folks to file their own report.

It is a better use of resources than sending a patrol officer in most cases. Even more so for departments that are stretched thin in resources to begin with.

Last edited by J-Carp; 03-14-2021 at 07:20 PM.
J-Carp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2021, 08:08 PM   #16
Rubberdown
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgilbert View Post
What's the mother in law got to do with it?
She has Alzheimerís. We moved into her house to take care of her and I hate the area and neighborhood. Went from huge quiet lots to suburbia hell with thieves and all that comes with it. Nothing with her personally. The situation just sucks.
Old 03-14-2021, 08:11 PM   #17
Randy Madden
Ten Point

Hunt In: Everywhere

Scum of the earth
Sorry man
Randy Madden is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2021, 08:25 PM   #18
SabineHunter
Ten Point

Since they got something of value, they'll be back. Want are you going to do about that?
SabineHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2021, 08:29 PM   #19
Rubberdown
Ten Point

I’m going to hurt their feelings if they come back. Steps have been taken. I have been practicing my insults.

I’d really like to put in a driveway gate and leave my my dog roam but he would never shut up.

Last edited by Rubberdown; 03-14-2021 at 08:42 PM.
Old 03-15-2021, 02:25 AM   #20
flyby
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hamilton County

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Carp View Post
This is very common. Some agencies use trained civilians to take reports along with the internet to allow folks to file their own report.

It is a better use of resources than sending a patrol officer in most cases. Even more so for departments that are stretched thin in resources to begin with.
Disagree. Trained officer and crime scene processing to catch the thieves is a better use of resources. Civilian with little training other than typing a report for insurance purposes is a waste of time and resources. Catch the thieves and let them rot in jail. Of course, nowadays the courts don't care and let them out without even a slap on the wrist. Nevermind, you were right. File a report online, let insurance pay, and everyone else's insurance goes up to pay for it.

27 years in LE. Getting a little jaded to the system. When you arrest someone with 27 priors, 12 felonies, and they are free on the street committing violent crimes it makes you a little mad. If only we could hold judges and juries to the same standard we hold cops................... We make split second decisions almost daily......judges have days, weeks, months to decide whether or not to let a robbery suspect loose. Then someone gets killed and ZERO liability for them. Can someone explain this to me?

Yep, been a long week. Sorry for the rant.
flyby is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2021, 05:50 AM   #21
WItoTX
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wisconsin, New Mexico, Colorado, Montana, Idaho

Quote:

Resources are stretched thin because of ****ty management of said resources. There is no reason a police officer should not be coming out to file a police report when crap like this happens.

Maybe the police officer shouldn't have to write a dissertation for each and every police report. That would be a better use of resources than officers having to spend hours writing up reports.

Sorry for your luck OP. Happened to me at work a few years back. Nothing of value is ever left in my vehicle, and they stole about $3 in change from me.
WItoTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2021, 07:19 AM   #22
Swampa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

Hopefully, one day you get to make a call to the morgue. I hate thieves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Swampa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2021, 07:44 AM   #23
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyby View Post
Disagree. Trained officer and crime scene processing to catch the thieves is a better use of resources. Civilian with little training other than typing a report for insurance purposes is a waste of time and resources. Catch the thieves and let them rot in jail. Of course, nowadays the courts don't care and let them out without even a slap on the wrist. Nevermind, you were right. File a report online, let insurance pay, and everyone else's insurance goes up to pay for it.

27 years in LE. Getting a little jaded to the system. When you arrest someone with 27 priors, 12 felonies, and they are free on the street committing violent crimes it makes you a little mad. If only we could hold judges and juries to the same standard we hold cops................... We make split second decisions almost daily......judges have days, weeks, months to decide whether or not to let a robbery suspect loose. Then someone gets killed and ZERO liability for them. Can someone explain this to me?

A freaking men

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2021, 07:47 AM   #24
deerwatcher51
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Richland Springs & Washington on the Brazos

Sorry that happened to you.
deerwatcher51 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2021, 09:24 AM   #25
Tommyh
Pope & Young

Quote:

Why should police of any agency arrest and charge when the DA wont prosecute and judges are hellbent on activism?
Tommyh is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2021, 09:29 AM   #26
clayree
Eight Point

Quote:

People on the Green Screen appreciate your service. Hang in there fella!!
clayree is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2021, 09:58 AM   #27
S-3 Ranch
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sisterdale and el dorado , Jeff Davis, refugio/sinton , San perlita

Quote:

I was disappointed that, HPD didnít even try, I was parked In a security area , handicap parking, under a security camera, and the
Hotel had excellent coverage of the event, but for legal reasons, footage can only be released to law enforcement, HPD and Harris county sheriffís department never bothered to get video which hotel security had ready to send electronically, so lack of effort

And I agree one day these thieves are going to run into a armed citizen and 1. Get shot 2. Shoot someone during a criminal activity
S-3 Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2021, 10:06 AM   #28
J-Carp
Ten Point

Quote:

Of course everyone wants a thief caught and I didnít say it was the right thing to do but it is the best use of resources when there is no suspect info and as you said yourself, the state lets em off anyway. Itís a class B offense on property. Patrol officers are not needed.

Now if there is video or other suspect info then sure an officer can follow up on that. With the quality and affordability of security cams these days everyone should have them.

Yes Iím an officer, no Iím not dodging work (really impossible to do), and yes I have been a victim myself. It sucks. But itís property at the end of the day.

I will say to the OP I am sorry he got his windows taken out. At least around here most BMVs are unlocked vehicles.

Note that stickers or anything indicating youíre a gun owner will get your vehicle targeted by thieves.
Old 03-15-2021, 10:08 AM   #29
wellingtontx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Collingsworth County, Texas

The criminals and thugs run things
wellingtontx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2021, 10:13 AM   #30
J-Carp
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilar View Post
I was disappointed that, HPD didnít even try, I was parked In a security area , handicap parking, under a security camera, and the
Hotel had excellent coverage of the event, but for legal reasons, footage can only be released to law enforcement, HPD and Harris county sheriffís department never bothered to get video which hotel security had ready to send electronically, so lack of effort

And I agree one day these thieves are going to run into a armed citizen and 1. Get shot 2. Shoot someone during a criminal activity

Yea Iíll agree thatís terrible. While itís not likely MAYBE some did follow up on the video but it had no evidentiary value? Idk, people like giving other a hard time when they donít know the real deal. Iím not saying you or anyone on here are those people and I will say I have been. We are all human. Police officer in most agencies are worked to the max or over worked. Iím sure most would be surprised at the amount of work they do.

Again. Sorry for the crappy luck and glad it was just property and no one got hurt.
Old 03-15-2021, 10:19 AM   #31
skeeterboud
Six Point

that sucks.. i know the feeling... 6 times over, 3 of which were at bird is basin. the police depts don't try too hard to catch a thief, and if they did, the judges are too lenient. i feel as if this burglary epidemic is another type of wealth transfer.
skeeterboud is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2021, 10:56 AM   #32
Rubberdown
Ten Point

No stickers on either of our cars. They are the most nondescript Toyota's the world has ever seen. I just figured out they stole my giftcard to Cracker Barrel. That is a load of manure. Apparently they took my wife's airpods too she figured out this morning.

The cop told me that even with video they are not prosecuting stuff. Aint it grand?
Old 03-15-2021, 01:08 PM   #33
Browning270
Four Point

Hunt In: Frio,Zavala

Rubberdown, what area of Houston? its constant in my area. They only seem to get more bold. A neighbor a few doors down caught someone breaking into their car parked in the garage last week.
Browning270 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2021, 01:26 PM   #34
deerslay3r
Eight Point

Hunt In: waelder,somerville

Quote:

I will trade you places. I only have 8 in......trying to eek out a pension
deerslay3r is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2021, 05:31 PM   #35
Rubberdown
Ten Point

1960/290 area
Old 03-15-2021, 05:50 PM   #36
Louis
Ten Point

Had my ram 2500 broke into. Was nothing of value in it. LEO was called out and they took report and pics and even dusted for prints. Got a case number for insurance. With my deductible I still had to pay for it out of my pocket cause glass and labor was $3. 79 less than deductible. Hooe you find the garbage that did it but unlikely. Hate a thief.
Louis is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2021, 05:54 PM   #37
CitiotsGoHome
Spike

Hunt In: Behind the house

Why is this surprising at all? It comes with the territory when you live in a place like that. Just like dealing with traffic, horrible air quality and liberals. They all go hand in hand when your in a metro area.
CitiotsGoHome is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2021, 09:35 PM   #38
Rubberdown
Ten Point

It’s not surprising at all. It’s just infuriating.