Aluminum Arrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aluminum Arrows

Digging around in the closet last night, I found a old box of aluminum arrows that I used before I bought a new bow back in 2001. Since 2001, I've been using carbon.
    Anybody still using aluminum arrows today?

I use mine just to practice and fling at small game... nothing like flinging a $15 carbon arrow at a rabbit and it exploding thru the brush...

Comment

I use then for my blunt tip squirrel and bird killers

A lot cheaper to bend up an aluminum shaft than to destroy a carbon one IMO

Comment

No, you could also carry one or two to fling at raccoons or squirrels

Comment

I still do and have never seen the need to change. I have over 300 aluminum arrows that have never been fletched or cut. I'm still using 2219 XX75 in my compound and 2213 out of my Recurves. The animals I kill never know what type of arrow was attached to the broadhead that killed them.

Comment

Heavy metal!

Comment

I use them from my recurve.

Comment

I shot them for years. Just switched to carbon a few years ago.

I plan to switch back to aluminum for hunting, and indoor. I'll keep the carbon for target.

Changing to aluminum will reduce my cost per arrow, add some weight, and give me something to tinker with again.

Comment

I still use them 2117, if it aint broke dont fix it. They will kill a deer just as dead as any new fangled arrow will

Comment

Yup, I use 2117's for my Longbow......... love 'em.
                    Last edited by furboom; 05-14-2014, 10:30 AM. Reason: .

Comment

All I shoot. 2413's

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin View Post
                        I still do and have never seen the need to change. I have over 300 aluminum arrows that have never been fletched or cut. I'm still using 2219 XX75 in my compound and 2213 out of my Recurves. The animals I kill never know what type of arrow was attached to the broadhead that killed them.
                        Yep--2215s out of my DXT and Outback, tipped with ancient, antique, vintage Bear Razorheads. Deer, hogs, 'coons, cats, all died.

Comment

I still like those old 2013's in my 23 year old York. ;o)

It's loud, it's slow (246 fps with an overdraw at 72 lbs), but it's tuned-in so nicely. Won several East Tx tournaments with it from '93-'95.

Comment

I only shoot aluminum. Carbons are not long enough. I shoot 2315s full length (34 5/8"")

Comment

Cut my old ones down in about 1-2" pieces and use them to foot my carbons.
                              Then I can shoot at trees, stumps and such with out worrying about breaking them.

Comment

Working...
                              X