No announcement yet.

Draw arm high?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High elbow is also a symptom of being over bowed. It will also cause you to torque the string with the bottom finger. Your draw arm should be in line with the arrow.

Comment

Well... now my confidence is all out the window... just can't figure this out. Trying to change and everything is falling apart. Nothing feels right now.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
        Well... now my confidence is all out the window... just can't figure this out. Trying to change and everything is falling apart. Nothing feels right now.
        Been there. Work on one form element at a time in front of a blank bale. The feel will come back if you don't overwhelm yourself by trying to think about everything at once.

Comment

Like Jerp said when you blank bale just work on one thing; back tension, anchor, elbow, etc. When you feel overwhelmed put it down for the day or however long it takes to get that frustration out of you.

As I have been told, "If it ain't fun it's time to stop for a while." When I used to get frustrated or overwhelmed I just stopped worrying about all the technical stuff did some some stump shooting out in the desert or if I was home I would stand at the target and throw my arrow and go shoot from where it landed without worrying about form and all that good stuff. This usually solved my problem in a day or two and then it was back to work on the technical aspects and if it did not work I'd stopped for a day or two sometimes three.

I know for myself lately I've had trouble with focusing so I understand it can be very overwhelming.

Patience brother you'll get there.. Good luck and keep at it!
          Last edited by Loreva13; 06-09-2014, 11:07 PM.

Comment

I've got the same problem,my bow shoulder started to get sore and my neck was also sore. I shot a lot indoors at 10yd. When working on bare shafting my target was setting on the floor,this is when I noticed the soreness setting in. What I did to get my draw arm down was get outdoors and put a target at eye level,draw with bow arm high,when at anchor I try to keep both inline then bend at waist to bring my body down to aiming point. Keeping the arms as level as possible and bending at the waist. They seam to stay inline that way. The soreness is getting better. Hope this makes since .

Comment

Update on this thread. Took a couple days off and then took Chunky up on his invite to come over and shoot. Took a few shots to get back into the swing of things and now I'm feeling a whole bunch better about my shooting. Thanks Mark!

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                Update on this thread. Took a couple days off and then took Chunky up on his invite to come over and shoot. Took a few shots to get back into the swing of things and now I'm feeling a whole bunch better about my shooting. Thanks Mark!
                Awesome!!!

Comment

Working...
                X