Ansteel Blue...aka Dyneema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Green Screeners use it, splice it, braid it? What are your experiences with the stuff? Easy to splice?

Have some climbing stick straps made out of it

Very easy to work with
    Lots of info on the net about splicing

Comment

Thanx BT

Comment

I’ve used it a lot. Most all my hunting gear has some in one way or another. Lol

Incredible light and super easy to work with

Comment

Are you buying fishing spools of it to braid with?

Comment

I climb trees both for hunting and occasionally for work. It’s a premium product that I trust for both life support and rigging. There’s not much that’s going to be easier to work with. It’s a little expensive, but that’s what you get for the strength to weight ratio.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
              Are you buying fishing spools of it to braid with?
              No sir. I am gonna use it on my tree climbing steps. Wanted users opinions.

Comment

I use it on my climbing sticks. I daisy chained it . It's light weight and strong. It's also on the bridge of my saddle..

Comment

I’ve. Got a thread in diy “modified climbing sticks” I think. Shows the set up I’ve settled on

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                    I’ve. Got a thread in diy “modified climbing sticks” I think. Shows the set up I’ve settled on
                    Ok thanx LF, gonna read that one.

Thanx for yalls input.

Comment

This stuff is mega strong. Google “whoopie slings”. They are adjustable hammock straps. We also use them for adjustable ridgelines.
                      Last edited by TX_Kevin; 07-27-2021, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Thanx good info. Any "local" stores sale the splicing kits? Is it better to make my own?

Comment

I made mine out of an old xx75 arrow with a nib glued in. Lol

You can tape the end with 2 wraps of blue tape and twist the end to a point and splice it. Super easy to work with

6” of arrow with a field point and tape it to the arrow would work great.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                            Thanx good info. Any "local" stores sale the splicing kits? Is it better to make my own?
                            I get all mine from here

Dutchware sells 7/64 Amsteel Blue for all kinds of do-it-yourself projects! We offer small or large quantities and a variety of color options.

They have a cheap splicing needle I use as well as a long piece of folded 14 gauge copper wire I use to pull the buries through. Works really well for me

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                              I made mine out of an old xx75 arrow with a nib glued in. Lol

You can tape the end with 2 wraps of blue tape and twist the end to a point and splice it. Super easy to work with

6” of arrow with a field point and tape it to the arrow would work great.
                              You are a wealth of info

Comment

Working...
                              X